Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which one is the worst movie have u ever watched???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isela

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Which one is the worst movie have u ever watched??? Reply with quote

Which one is the worst movie have u ever watched??? Question
the Phantom of the Opera is the worst movie I have watched
Evil or Very Mad
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is is that bad? I was about to rent it because I had missed it when it was at the movie theatre.
alessandros

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh?? is it really that bad?~~ of all my friends who watch the movie, no one says its bad.................so, what's ur reason then?
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Which one is the worst movie have u ever watched??? Reply with quote

isela wrote:
Which one is the worst movie have u ever watched??? Question
the Phantom of the Opera is the worst movie I have watched
Evil or Very Mad

Maybe it is not the worst movie I've ever watched so far but definetely it's not that good. The reason : it's boring, boring ...and BORING ....
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer. Anything with either Madonna or Eddie Murphy in it or everything with Teen in the title. Very Happy Or anything described as a riveting psychological thriller.Or musicals.There,that about covers it. Laughing
kharyzz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knallharte Jungs - german teenage comedy
Maz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved The Phantom Of The Opera.

13 Mokeys is the worst film I've ever tried to watch.
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Phantom of the Opera?? I was going to rent it Question

I Spy was awful, and others. I have to think it very well and see which one is the worse.
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnĀ“t like Minority Report for some reason. Rolling Eyes
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like Moulin Rouge or Get Shorty. I know these were smash hits but they didn't do anything for me Rolling Eyes
kookook

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta hand it to Pierce Brosnan. First, he pulled a Tom Selleck (FYI, Selleck was originally slated to be Indiana Jones, but that Ferrari in "Magnum, PI" was just too badass too pass up) when the legendary "Remington Steele" made him unavailable to replace Roger Moore as James Bond in the 80's. Thankfully for him, Timothy Dalton proved to be a train wreck and the job landed in his lap a decade later. Brosnan had an admirable run as Bond, but eventually the time comes for even the most perfectly cast roles to fall by the wayside. In his first high-profile role in the post-007 era, he goes against type to play -gasp- a jewel thief in Brett Ratner's "After the Sunset", otherwise known as "How I Spent my Summer Vacation."

After the Sunset

You're probably thinking to yourself, "didn't Pierce just play a thief a few years ago in 'The Thomas Crown Affair'?" Well, yes. But this time it's different, because it's jewels instead of paintings. Brosnan plays Max Burdett (in case you were wondering, that's now an Irish name), the best jewel thief in all the land. After he and his insanely gorgeous accomplice Lola (the insanely gorgeous Salma Hayek) make asses out of FBI agent Stan Lloyd (Woody Harrleson) and the rest of the US government, they decide it's time to settle down. Naturally, they decide to move to the Bahamas and live the best life ever. However, having the most dominant house, backyard, car, & girl in history isn't enough to satiate his lust for all things espionage. Nay, only the fabled third Napoleon diamond, the only one Burdett hasn't stolen and coincidentally docked in the Bahamas on one of those floating art exhibits that have become wildly popular nowadays can do that (A semi-quick tangent: as everyone who took remedial history knows, Napoleon Bonaparte had 3 monstrous diamonds set into the hilt of his sword, which was roughly 75 times his size. Those pictures you see of him with his hand in his jacket? He has a hernia from lugging that **** around France). Will Burdett be able to resist temptation and the ever-vigilant Agent Lloyd, or will he succumb to the allure of the jewel?

Make no mistake; this movie IS Salma Hayek. While the Bahamas are pretty, Salma's radiance makes the place look like Detroit. There's something to be said about a woman who can make auto work and building a deck irresistible. Naome Harris, looking markedly different from her new-wave hobo thing in "28 Days Later", has an authoritative sexiness about her as well, if you can get past the pseudo-Bahamanian accent. But Salma alone is nearly worth the price of admission. This is undoubtedly the best she's ever looked and no, she doesn't get naked (since that's all anyone cares about anyways).

The main problem with this film is that it can't decide what it wants to be. As a thrilling heist film, it fails to actually deliver much in the way of actual heists. There are a whopping TWO in the entire movie which run roughly 20 minutes in total. This might be acceptable if something innovative was being attempted, but remote-controlled cars were done much more stylishly a few years ago...by Pierce Brosnan as James Bond, no less. And since when did it become divine mandate that all burglaries on screen must contain at least one instance of someone crawling through air ducts? Those things can't support you anyways, I assure you I've tried. Meanwhile, Don Cheadle does a mediocre Don Cheadle impression as what would probably be the film's main villain if he was onscreen for more than three scenes. Imagine if Snoopy Miller from "Out of Sight" took to some night-school English courses and had all the personality and motivation sucked out of him. Only then will you be able to fully comprehend that this is the biggest waste of a Don Cheadle since Don Cheadle's last movie.

As an action comedy a la "Lethal Weapon", the film collapses under an excruciatingly bland script. The chemistry between Harrelson & Brosnan is quite literally forced upon the audience, and it's only a matter of time before it looks like the writers decided to pore over tapes of BET Comicview for jokes. Are white people dancing still funny when it's intentional? Some people might find the prolonged *** subtext amusing if we weren't beaten over the head with it incessantly. "Ohmigod! They're sharing a bed and the FBI thinks they're totally gay!" It doesn't make any sense. It would seem that Ratner & co. were attempting to tap into Woody Harrelson's inner buffoon that made him famous back in the "Cheers" days. However to have someone so clueless as the great Max Burdett's foil is a drastic mismatch. The Inspector Clouseau thing only works with Peter Sellers.

Unless you have an unhealthy Salma Hayek fetish (which is understandable) or you want to be jealous of the fact that Hollywood types get paid to work in the Bahamas, you really have no business seeing this movie. Unless Pierce Brosnan starts attaching his name to better projects, his post-Bond career will make Roger Moore's look like Michael Caine.

Rating (2 out of 5 Williamsons): Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: