Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new proyects???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isela

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: new proyects??? Reply with quote

does anyone know whats happening with his professional life?
does he have some new proyects?
maybe a new movie?
Savanna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: The New World, and Ask the Dust Reply with quote

The New World looks gorgeous.
http://www.thenewworldmovie.com/

It's coming out in a few months, I can't wait.

The director of "The Thin Red Line" made this, and critics are in love with him - but the story of Pocahontas is easy to shoot down for historical mythologizing, e.g. conflating John Rolfe with John Smith, constructing or reconstructing the Noble Savage trope, etc. So I'm a little worried that lazy critics are going to pounce on the easy stuff and call it a pretty fiction. But browsing the film website's blog, it looks like the movie involves a detailed level of truth to ethnographic, technological and eco-political history. I can't figure out what they're doing with Colin's character though, no specific hints on who John Smith is to Terrence Malick, other than a romantic hero.

There's also "Ask the Dust," a drama based on a novel, being filmed in South Africa, and beyond that I have no idea what it's about. Don't know when to expect it, either.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin is currently filming 'Miami Vice' (based on the television show) in Florida until the end of September. Then he will be in the Dominican Republic and Ciudad del Este, Paraguay for 6 weeks after that to finish the film.

'The New World' is his next film which will be released early next year. I think 'Ask the Dust' will be released sometime after that. He then is doing an ensemble piece based on Bob Dylan's (the singer) book called "I'm Not There: Suppositions on a Film Concerning Dylan". I am not sure exactly what this is about.

And no, I am not Colin's agent. Laughing I have been keeping up with a few of his projects, but it's all information that is out there on the Internet.

Dara Smile
joanna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The New World" will be released on 13th January and " Miami Vice" some time in July.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami Vice: July 28, 2006 in the US and Canada

Dara Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: