Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

History teacher from Georgia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carabest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: History teacher from Georgia Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Have loved Alexander for years. Thought the movie was great ... Colin had just the right amount of arrogance to play the role effectively. Rest of the cast was super too ... was very surprised at Val Kilmer as Phillip ... and Angelina Jolie was perfect as Olympias. Can you believe that for his historical consultant fee, Robin Lane Fox only asked to ride in the calvary charges? Amazing!Somebody write me ... would love to discuss more.
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum! We love Alexander too and that's why we daily discuss about history and the movie in this forum. You should join us in the discussions, particularly in our reading group. As you may have seen, we are reading Plutarch's Life of Alexander and commenting its paragraphs. I hope you saty with us and enjoy participating in the forum. Welcome again.
isela

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy welcome to the forum Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy is wonderful to have new people here who enjoyed the movie and the life of Alexander.
post a lot. See you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
joanna

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carabest

WELCOME to the best forum on Alexander. You came to the right place. After all you are a history teacher. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself as much as we do.

Robin Lane Fox only asked to ride in the cavalry charges ? Well, I wouldn't have asked anything ! Meeting Oliver Stone, all the cast of the movie and being there with them during the filming would be ENOUGH Very Happy for me!
carabest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Robin Lane Fox Reply with quote

Especially since the opinions of expert historians usually get ignored! I don't know nearly as much about Alexander as does RLF but I would have cleaned the stalls to get to be a consultant on that film!
Adriv

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Carabest!

Grab your glass of wine and cheer to... ALEXANDER THE GREAT! Very Happy
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW ! Look who's here Exclamation ADRIV Very Happy You're back Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
cindoo15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I want to say hello to our new member, Carabest. WELCOME!!! It's always nice to see new people. This is the absolute best Alexander forum on the net. I hope you enjoy it. Also, it will be nice to have input from an actual history teacher. Very Happy

Now, excuse me a moment while I recover from seeing that Adriv has found us again!! I'm so glad to see you Adriv!!!!!!!!!
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey joanna!!!! ....... Hey cindoo15!!!!! waz up girls!

Sorry, I know ... I'm a bad girl, but I have a good excuse. I have changed jobs, trying to get use to it and also been traveling a lot now, so no time for anything.

But I promise I will catch up with you all Wink Wink promise!

So, how is my man Alexander? Wink

Are you behaving yourselves or not? Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: