Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cindoo15

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Re-introduction Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hello to everyone (or, hi yall!!). I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday - I have spent a lot of time with my family and have a mountain of things piling on my desk. Anyway, think of yall all the time and just took the chance to say howdy!

Hope to check in with all the goings on soon.

Love
Pam
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Pam,it,s GREAT to hear from you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Happy New Year from everybody here.Did you get anything Alexandrian for Christmas?
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Holidays!!
carabest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Happy New Year Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing
cindoo15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
Hi there Pam,it,s GREAT to hear from you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Happy New Year from everybody here.Did you get anything Alexandrian for Christmas?

Thanks apelles. Yes, I did get a couple more Alexander books. One that I'm reading now I had planned on buying myself - The Generalship of Alexander The Great by J.F.C. Fuller - I'm sure you've all heard of it. I'm fixing to put a quote from it under your section about favorite quotes!

My husband claims he tried to find a bust of Alexander but was unsuccessful so I got one of Ceasar instead. Hmm. It goes well along the lines of our vacation to Italy last spring - I have it with some things we collected over there.

Anybody else get any Alexandrian type gifts?
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cindoo15 wrote:
apelles wrote:

Thanks apelles. Yes, I did get a couple more Alexander books. One that I'm reading now I had planned on buying myself - The Generalship of Alexander The Great by J.F.C. Fuller - I'm sure you've all heard of it. I'm fixing to put a quote from it under your section about favorite quotes!

My husband claims he tried to find a bust of Alexander but was unsuccessful so I got one of Ceasar instead. Hmm. It goes well along the lines of our vacation to Italy last spring - I have it with some things we collected over there.

Nope Sad
I guess I have to get it myself Sad From: me To: me
joanna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
cindoo15 wrote:
apelles wrote:

Nope Sad

The same for me Adriv. How sad Crying or Very sad
apelles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
Adriv wrote:
cindoo15 wrote:
apelles wrote:

I got Women and Monarchy in Macedonia by Elizabeth Carney.I can,t recommend it enough,it,s just wonderful.Olympias comes out in a very different light when seen in context.
What do you think of the Fuller book,Pam?I found it very useful.

Nope Sad

The same for me Adriv. How sad Crying or Very sad
apelles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="joanna"][quote="Adriv"]
cindoo15 wrote:
apelles wrote:

I got Women and Monarchy in Macedonia by Elizabeth Carney.I can,t recommend it enough,it,s just wonderful.Olympias comes out in a very different light when seen in context.
What do you think of the Fuller book,Pam?I found it very useful.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
cindoo15 wrote:
apelles wrote:

Those are the best gifts - you always get EXACTLY what you want!

Nope Sad
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's wierd!!!!!!!!!!! I did put a response under the quote above - but it didn't show up. Anyway, all I said was this:

Those are the best kind of gifts - you always get EXACTLY what you want!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: