Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Personal Profiles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<------ Libra Very Happy

Anybody else?
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Profiles Reply with quote

Alexandros_19 wrote:

What's your name (not nickname, but first and, if you want, last name)?
Where are you from, especifically (country and city)?
How old are you (I guess for some this must be the highly protected data Laughing )?
What do you do in your life? If you study, what do you study and where? If you work, what's your job or occupation?

Hi everyone

This is a good and interesting idea. Here are my details:

My name is Catherine [surprise surprise]. I live in Hampshire, England. I am 37 [can't believe I have got so old, yet feel so young still]. My job used to be a learning support assistant in schools/ colleges [that means I support disabled children/ young people with their work in or out of classes]. But now I am a full time mum at home because I had a baby in January. I have dark brown hair, green eyes and pale skin which burns in the sun, so I never get tanned.

This is sounding a bit like a dating agency somehow Laughing . I would like to meet a 6 foot tall Irishman who drinks and swears a lot and would dye his hair blond for a film role Wink Wink
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Profiles Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Alexandros_19 wrote:

What's your name (not nickname, but first and, if you want, last name)?
Where are you from, especifically (country and city)?
How old are you (I guess for some this must be the highly protected data Laughing )?
What do you do in your life? If you study, what do you study and where? If you work, what's your job or occupation?

Hi everyone

This is a good and interesting idea. Here are my details:

My name is Catherine [surprise surprise]. I live in Hampshire, England. I am 37 [can't believe I have got so old, yet feel so young still]. My job used to be a learning support assistant in schools/ colleges [that means I support disabled children/ young people with their work in or out of classes]. But now I am a full time mum at home because I had a baby in January. I have dark brown hair, green eyes and pale skin which burns in the sun, so I never get tanned.

This is sounding a bit like a dating agency somehow Laughing . I would like to meet a 6 foot tall Irishman who drinks and swears a lot and would dye his hair blond for a film role Wink Wink

Laughing Laughing
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpio with Leo as ascendent sign Twisted Evil
isela

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now its my turn Very Happy
I’m the girlfriend of Jared Leto ………… hehe In my sweetest dreams of course. Laughing Wink Cool
My name is Isela Olivas.
I’m 20 years old and my birthday is in March 28th so im Aries. Cool
I’m Mexican and I’m living in a little stinky town Laughing Laughing Laughing (Chihuahua City) which is in the border with USA (don’t misunderstand me the problem with my city is that it is in the middle of the dessert and we have few places x have fun, no museums, no beach, no art expositions, dam) Mad
We just have a couple of parks and clothes shops (at least) and some movie theaters and bares x the night life.
Generally we have no concerts either so when some important singer or group comes is wonderful (by the way last week we have the group of Rock Creedence Clearwater Revival it was a very very good concert I really enjoyed their music) Cool
My family: well its my mom and my uncle they are very good persons who also admire Alexander.(my uncle loves the old west histories with billy the kid and my mom the spiritual things with Lobsang Rampa) No brothers or sisters bad thing, and some cousins yeah but they are living in USA so…
Studies: right now I’m studing at the Universidad Autonoma de Chihuahua Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas. I really like chemistry so I’m trying very hard to be one chemist some day I was also studying In the Facultad de Filosofia y Letras but time was the problem so I let my second studies for some time hehe it’s a nice combination a philosopher with a chemist don’t u believe?
Here is the link of my schools
http://www.fcq.uach.mx/
http://www.ffyl.uach.mx/
Well what else do u want to know? Question Question
Mmm let me think about… I love cats and always I have the opportunity I adopt the poor little kittens from streets but right now I have only one old cat, he is very rude and hates company x this reason I cant take another pet to my home.
I have one male dog it’s a chow chow he was in the street too.
I love reading and the movies. Cervantes, Becquer and Agatha Christie are my favorites writers.
But History is my passion because is the key x understand the actual world and because it makes us travel trough centuries. I like study history of religion even if I’m ateist. I always think “knowledge makes people free”
As the big percent of the people of the forum I’m an Alexanderholic and I love my addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sometimes Im a Shy Embarassed person and sometimes I am more extroverted Cool but it depends on the people around. Twisted Evil
I love music in all kinds from Classical to Rammstein Twisted Evil hehe
My fisical appearance well I’m not pretty but I’m not ugly hehehe right now I have long dark and straight hair, my skin is like light brown (morena). U know as all latins right.
I’m always in diet so Joanna we can share ideas and food recipes.
Actually I’m going to put some of my pictures x show u just give some time x organize.
There are occasions when I have lots of exams for this reason I can not post but u know I love this place and always I have time I’m here, sometimes I just read your posts.
Native language obviously Spanish but English is Wonderful and Im trying to learn some Deutsch … Hallo allerseits. Wie geht’s?
Every day I try to do some exercise in the past swimming now just a walk and the bycicle. Smile
I try to enjoy the little sweet things that are close to us like see the moon and listen the wind.
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="isela"]
Quote:

I’m the girlfriend of Jared Leto

I know, I know Rolling Eyes (I'm just being jealous)

Quote:
(Chihuahua City) which is in the border with USA (don’t misunderstand me the problem with my city is that it is in the middle of the dessert and we have few places x have fun, no museums, no beach, no art expositions, dam) Mad

Hmm, although it doesn't sound very nice, it must be an interesting place as YOU live there. You light it up Very Happy

Quote:
it’s a nice combination a philosopher with a chemist don’t u believe?

Absolutely! What a combination Exclamation Very intriguing Smile . I had a look at your schools. Impressive. What a smart girl you must be !

Quote:

Mmm let me think about… I love cats and always I have the opportunity I adopt the poor little kittens from streets but right now I have only one old cat, he is very rude and hates company x this reason I cant take another pet to my home.
I have one male dog it’s a chow chow he was in the street too

Stray dogs and cats, the best Exclamation

Quote:

But History is my passion

Very Happy Very Happy Of course is the key to understand the world, but it seems that most people are not aware of that. " Knowledge makes people free", you said. That's right.

Quote:

As the big percent of the people of the forum I’m an Alexanderholic and I love my addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Exactly! The first time I'm so happy of being....ill Razz

Quote:

My fisical appearance well I’m not pretty but I’m not ugly hehehe right now I have long dark and straight hair, my skin is like light brown (morena). U know as all latins right.

Did I notice some modesty here? I have seen your photos and I say
you are beautiful !

Quote:
I’m always in diet so Joanna we can share ideas and food recipes.

With pleasure, Isela. But I don't understand why you're on a diet. You are thin.
Quote:

I try to enjoy the little sweet things that are close to us like see the moon and listen the wind

How beautiful ! You're right. People should start to appreciate the 'little' things around us. Then the world would be better.

Well said, Isela.
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Profiles Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:

I know someone like that, what's his name, Rolling Eyes what's his name....
Cynisca

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Isela,
[quote="isela"]
I have one male dog it’s a chow chow he was in the street too.[/[quote]
You are a very caring person... Very Happy
Quote:
Sometimes Im a Shy Embarassed person and sometimes I am more extroverted Cool but it depends on the people around. Twisted Evil

Thats just how I am....people tell me I am too old to be shy ....but I really can be, so sometimes talk too much about something that interests me to cover it up...... Embarassed
Are you like that too....?
regards
Cynisca
Luna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! isela and cynisca i can confidently say that i am the exact opposite of you! i am not the slightest bit shy, in fact a close friend of mine said that when we first met, i was so talkative and friendly, that she felt like she was being interogated. Laughing
i guess that is why some people say i am a bit wacky!
isela

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joanna wrote:
Quote:
Hmm, although it doesn't sound very nice, it must be an interesting place as YOU live there. You light it up

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:
Absolutely! What a combination Very intriguing . I had a look at your schools. Impressive. What a smart girl you must be !

thanks a lot Joanna you always have very kind words Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
you are a GREAT FRIEND and a MARVELLOUS PERSON I feel so proud of being your friend truly there are bery few persons as charming, polite and interesting as you. Very Happy Very Happy
about my extrange mix between chemistry and philosophy sometimes it makes me think on the ancient alchemists.

Cynisca wrote:
Quote:
You are a very caring person...

thanks well my interest in animals is because a lot od times they are better friends than persons, people change frecuently from side and the ones who said once they were your friends can turn on you like Olympias said but animals never they can even died x u (bucephalas) since I was a child my family always explained me why we must care animals ans nature.
moreover they are completely defenceless and sad but true human being can be totally cruel.

Quote:
Thats just how I am....people tell me I am too old to be shy ....but I really can be, so sometimes talk too much about something that interests me to cover it up......
Are you like that too....?

yes Im like that I think most of the time people send corporal and facial messages about who they accept or reject; and when I see one bad (reject messaje) Im like a snail in its shell but when peope is cool or the talk really is interesting to me well Im very talkative Very Happy

Luna wrote:
Quote:
hi! isela and cynisca i can confidently say that i am the exact opposite of you! i am not the slightest bit shy, in fact a close friend of mine said that when we first met, i was so talkative and friendly, that she felt like she was being interogated.

well taht the marvellous thing about a group of friends the difference of personality here in the forum is a very big mix of nationalities, likes, moods, wonderful.
were going to talk a lot
Very Happy
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Alexandros_19"]
Quote:

Well, I like riding horses, though I don't do it very often. There are some in a property I own (my family actually) in the countryside, but I practically never go (as I live in another city and when I go to visit my family, I do other things). Anyway, I should find the time to do it, and find my Bucephalus.

Of course you should find the time to do it and find your Bucephalus. Alexander without Bucephalus ? No, it's not possible Razz
Quote:

Yes, and you will keep hearing it, as always something comes up when I'm about to write that post. I can't find the time to do everything I want.

How much I understand you !
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luna wrote:
hi! isela and cynisca i can confidently say that i am the exact opposite of you! i am not the slightest bit shy, in fact a close friend of mine said that when we first met, i was so talkative and friendly, that she felt like she was being interogated. Laughing

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wished HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Alexandros_21 just now.

Then I saw that not all of you have written your birthdays. Come on, write it.

Here is a list I've made about our birthdays for every month (the ones I know so far). So, don't forget your wishes Confused Razz

What??? Paul Allen had his birthday on 19th March? I didn't see that on time. Sorry, Paul. You see what I mean? Here is the useful list :

Paul Allen...............................19th March

Alexandros_21........................21th March

isela......................................28th March

apelles...................................26th May

Luna......................................14th June

Adriv......................................10th October

Cynisca...................................28th January

Joanna.....................................8th December
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guilty,guilty,guilty Embarassed

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAUL
Cynisca

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raise your glasses and toast our resident Hoplite...!
A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL (again... Wink )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: