Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New movie - "300"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: New movie - "300" Reply with quote

I think this movie is going to be hot. Hopefully it will come to theaters everywhere. Specially because Gerald Butler is in it and he's playing King Leonidas.

Still in production but we will see what happens.

Here is the link: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/300.html;_ylt=Am89vx7Blo8PvidnnF.iNmNfVXcA
Cynisca

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New movie - "300" Reply with quote

Hi,
Adriv wrote:
I think this movie is going to be hot. Hopefully it will come to theaters everywhere. Specially because Gerald Butler is in it and he's playing King Leonidas.

Still in production but we will see what happens.

Here is the link: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/300.html;_ylt=Am89vx7Blo8PvidnnF.iNmNfVXcA

we have been following '300 Chippendales' elsewhere (check out their subligaculum... Twisted Evil)
see here too.....http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/
and here http://300spartanwarriors.***.com/ scroll down below the two photos for links and more impressive photos of various re-enactors. Some of them are hoping to attend the Ancient Greek Festival in June.... Rolling Eyes
regards
Cynisca
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that actor, Gerald Butler - he was so good in Attila, sexy too Embarassed
Cynisca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
I like that actor, Gerald Butler - he was so good in Attila, sexy too Embarassed

I think him attractive in the historical roles, especially with long hair....Attila, Beowulf and yes, he does look rather 'interesting' as Leonidas... Embarassed !
Like with many actors though, once they are back to the 'everyday' look I often lose interest....no matter how good looking!
I can also admire an actor I previously disliked - er Colin Farrell came into that category... Embarassed Embarassed I love him as Alexander though...!
regards
Cynisca
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you heard about a new movie( maybe ? ) called " Gates of Fire " ?
It's about this battle and George Clooney will be Leonidas. Is it true ?
I don't know.
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... never heard of it. Confused
Cynisca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,
I have heard rumours about this film, but I think at the moment it's on the back burner, which is a pity. Like the Baz Luhrmann Alexander film, as far as I know, it is still planned for production sometime in the near future.
I tend to check for upcoming films of interest for the other forum, which is Roman-Greek and re enactor orientated..so if I hear anything...will post the information..!
regards
Cynisca
joanna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that Gerald Butler " The Phantom of the Opera " guy ? He's cute Smile
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
Is that Gerald Butler " The Phantom of the Opera " guy ? He's cute Smile

Yes! he is joanna. He's sexyyy! he was also Attila Twisted Evil
Cymoril

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to start hating Gerard Batler then never watch "Dracula 2000". Rolling Eyes
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cymoril wrote:
If you don't want to start hating Gerard Batler then never watch "Dracula 2000". Rolling Eyes

That bad eh?
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
I don't know.

It,s based on the Steven Pressfield book,"Gates of Fire".He,s also written one on Alexander called " Virtues of War" and several others on the ancient world.The film got shelved when Alexander was not well received. Evil or Very Mad If I remember,George Clooney was scheduled to play the Spartan Dienekes.He was the one who,when told that the Persian arrows would blot out the sun,made the famous remark that then they could have their battle in the shade.I like it. Very Happy I was a bit dubious to hear that Bruce Willis was supposed to be playing Leonidas.I really couldn,t see it somehow.That,s all I know...can,t remember the director.
By the way, this is off topic,but I just remembered that originally Joel Schumacher (sorry if the spelling of that is off) was going to make Brokeback and he was considering Colin for one of the guys.They,d already worked together on Tigerland and Phonebooth.What do you think of that juicy prospect????I wonder who he had in mind for the other one?
joanna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
joanna wrote:
I don't know.

It,s based on the Steven Pressfield book,"Gates of Fire".He,s also written one on Alexander called " Virtues of War" and several others on the ancient world.The film got shelved when Alexander was not well received. Evil or Very Mad If I remember,George Clooney was scheduled to play the Spartan Dienekes.He was the one who,when told that the Persian arrows would blot out the sun,made the famous remark that then they could have their battle in the shade.I like it. Very Happy I was a bit dubious to hear that Bruce Willis was supposed to be playing Leonidas.I really couldn,t see it somehow.That,s all I know...can,t remember the director.
By the way, this is off topic,but I just remembered that originally Joel Schumacher (sorry if the spelling of that is off) was going to make Brokeback and he was considering Colin for one of the guys.They,d already worked together on Tigerland and Phonebooth.What do you think of that juicy prospect????I wonder who he had in mind for the other one?

What ? Bruce Willis as Leonidas ? No, no way ! I'm not convinced of that choice. I thought Clooney would be him ( that's better, but not the best ! )and he would also be the producer.

Now, what news is that about Colin as one of the guys in 'Brokeback Mountain' !!!!!!! OH, yes, I absolutely agree on this choice Very Happy . He would be perfect. Imagine Colin looking at the other guy with these warm, piercing eyes of his ! Beautiful Exclamation
For the other guy , hmm... let me think about it.
Leonida

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It,s based on the Steven Pressfield book,"Gates of Fire".

Hiya....

Not sure that's the case with this particular version. 300 - and I stand to be corrected - is based on a Frank Millar graphic novel of the same name. The director has stated that he intends to stick very closely to the source material - hence, we don't see correct panoply in the productions stills, but rather men in loincloths. The arwork in the graphic novel was very stylised, and to be honest, whilst I thought this was great for that medium, I'm utterly crushed that they have gone with it for film.

I've been hoping and praying they would re-make "300 Spartans" for years, but I am filled with trepedation at what I have seen thus far. I'm appalled, frankly.

The director was the chap that helmed the new Zombies Dawn of the Dead film, which was excellent, however. I hope that my I'm wrong in my early thoughts about 300. It just looks really camp to me, and I hope this isn't going the the debacle I fear it will be.

Fingers crossed for a Hallmark Channel cash-in before this one gets to the cinema's. (Hallmark are great at that, they did Troy before the Pitt/Bana vehicle, and I hope they pull another one out here!)

Cheers

L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep your fingers crossed maybe they will still make gates of fire I have talked to pressfeld and he doesnt know why clooney is holding it up either? But then thats HOLLYWOOD BABY!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: