Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Cut of Alexander coming on DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apelles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dara,thanks for the link---very interesting stuff.Good for Oliver in his attitude towards not consigning Alexander to the dusty forgotten vaults but using all the great stuff he,s got.That does indeed sound promising!
Oh I know it should be out in all regions but I,m just a born worrier! Laughing
Janie
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's true. Yeah! Smile
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LONG LIVE ALEXANDER AND OLIVER STONE!! hey adriv whats going on dude!!
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEONIDAS wrote:
LONG LIVE ALEXANDER AND OLIVER STONE!! hey adriv whats going on dude!!

Nothing much man, how are ya? how is the weather in Cali?
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOORAY! I am so pleased to hear this news. Good for you Oliver Stone! I tried so hard to send him my letter congratulating him on Alexander but it just kept getting sent back as undeliverable Sad I shall buy the new version and see what we missed. I just know there is more stuff that will add to the story and fill in the gaps.

Can someone post a message when it is available please? I 'm a bit busy these days with babby, who is sitting up and starting to say Da da. She also tries to stand up [with support]Smile
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and keep everyone up to date, when I have some news. It might not be for at least a few months, until Stone is finished editing the new version. He's a bit busy promoting his new film right now (which is very good. I highly recommend World Trade Center).

Catherine,

I have the correct address for Oliver Stone's office, if you want it just send me a PM and I will send it to you.

Dara Smile
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: hi there Reply with quote

there is no need to write oliver stone Ilive less then two hours from hollywood I have his phone number to his office and I will call them up next week> is that okay with everybody? let me know pm me or post in here to me . Thank you L eonidas
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me, Leonidas. I would be interested if they told you anything. I just read another article with comments from Stone saying that he was going to put out an Extended edition of the film, "eventually".

I didn't like the word, "eventually". I am wondering if WB didn't like the idea of putting another edition out so soon or Stone decided to wait on the project. Most of the other articles I read said the EE was going to be completed in a few months and then WB would decide after that when to release it. So maybe a phone call would be good. I am not exactly sure what is going on at this point. I tend to believe the earlier reports.

I think maybe that Catherine just wants to write to congratulate him on the work he did on Alexander. Isn't that right, Catherine?

Dara Smile
Cynisca

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I agree 'eventually' could mean years.....
I vote on the phone call, if Leonidas is able and willing.... Wink
regards
Cynisca
Leonnatus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific news Cool
In my view, all of Oliver Stone's movies are brilliant. But 'Alexander' is, as they say in Latin, 'princeps inter pares' first among his equals. I never learned Ancient Greek Sad
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dara and all my other Alexandrian friends.

Re: my letter to Oliver.
Originally I wanted to study Oliver Stone and Alexander for a project I was doing on my film course. But I was undecided about carrying on the course for the second year and then I got pregnant and was too ill to carry on studying anyway. So my letter was asking Oliver if it was alright to study him/his films, and also to compliment him on Alexander. But the letter kept getting sent back marked 'undeliverable', so I decided that it was Fate telling me to look after myself and my baby and not fiddle about studying films.

So if everyone would like Leonidas to phone Oliver, that is fine by me Smile
GLENDALEFALCON

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: hi there Reply with quote

LEONIDAS wrote:
there is no need to write oliver stone Ilive less then two hours from hollywood I have his phone number to his office and I will call them up next week> is that okay with everybody? let me know pm me or post in here to me . Thank you L eonidas

YES, please call! Tell them to have Sir Oliver drop us a message on the
board! That would be great!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have been away for what seems like ages but am happy to announce that I am back again for, hopefully, a lot of good reading and commenting.

And such superb news to get back to ! The answer to all our prayers. It's just wonderful that all the dedicated Alexander folks out there have been making a difference. Because I truly believe that without all the encouragement from boards and people like these, Stone would not have thought about releasing a longer version of this film.

His comment on the people that have seen the film 50 times or more shows that he KNOWS.

Now, I'm going to top the 50 times or more with a 100 times or more. As Mae West once said : too much of a good thing is wonderful !

So happy to be back !
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chiliarch and welcome back!We missed you.
Leonidas,that phone call idea sounds good.I,ve written to him about the new cut among other things and I,ll report back if I hear anything.
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Olivers Stone office in LA today. His staff are well aware of the alexnder web site currently he will be working on the extended version real soon. I was told that it wont be out until fall of 2007. They took my phone and email address and if anything changes they will let me know. From talking to his staff there they have a real positive attiiude towards the group and they say thank you for all of your support here at alexander the great co uk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: