Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Cut of Alexander coming on DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, Leonidas!

It's nice that Stone's people gave you some information. I hope it will be sooner than the Fall of 2007. Thats still a long time to wait. I guess that decision is up to WB.

It sounds like he has some good people working in his office. I like the fact that they appreciate the people who have supported Alexander. I also like the fact that they listen to ones like us. Some directors wouldn't even bother. It's nice to know a man of Oliver Stone's caliber cares about the ones that appreciate his films.

I think the people in his office are very pleased with World Trade Center, as well. And they certainly should be, it's an excellent film. It's nice to see that the film and Oliver Stone getting good critical acclaim.

Congrats to all of you at Ixtlan. You done good!!

I know they are busy, but I wish they would post and say, "hello", sometime, when they had the chance.

Dara Smile
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, well done Leonidas and good news.

Take the hint from Dara, Ixtlan, and say hello to us all here. Didn't they post something on here once? Confused

I wonder where all my 'old friends' have gone: lardvaark, galatasaray, all the hephaestions, pipsqueak, even cindoo has been away a while. And some others I can't quite remember the names of.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itxlan did post once. It was in the "My Letters to Oliver Stone" thread.

They just posted the correct address for Ixtlan Productions offices, since letters that people wrote were not arriving there and coming back as undeliverable.

But, that was the only thing they ever posted on this board. That was back over a year ago. It would be great to hear from them again. Let us know you are out there.

Dara Smile
Cynisca

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all,
and thank you Leonidas..... Very Happy
Hopefully, now there has been positive communication....the people from Ixtlan may be seen here a little more.... Wink
regards
Cynisca
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm wrong so don't get excited everyone. I saw a DVD of Alexander in the newsagents today with a NEW sticker on. But on the back it said it was 2 discs and separated the film into two halves. I think this is the one I bought, cos it said it ran for 168 minutes. Is this just some old DVDs they hadn't sold, or have some new ones been released?
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Catherine,

I think the DVD you saw was an unsold copy of the Director's Cut 2 disc set.

Even if the packaging is a bit different, the running time is the same as the DC, so I believe that is what it is (I am sure it was probably sold at a low bargain price, too ).

There are no new cuts of the film that I know of, at this time. The next one we will all see is that "glorious" (as Stone calls it) 3 hour 45 minute Extended Edition that we have all been waiting for, sometime next year.

And I do think it will be well worth the wait.

Dara Smile
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought so, Dara. I've never seen a film split into two halves before, what on earth did they do that for? Its only my dedication to Alexander that made me buy it all those months ago. Can't wait for the new version Very Happy
GLENDALEFALCON

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new cut will also likely be spread over two-discs due to the fact that
studios try to present the best picture quality at all times. Forcing a three
hour-40-45 min. film on one disc would hurt the picture quality quite a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
I thought so, Dara. I've never seen a film split into two halves before, what on earth did they do that for? Its only my dedication to Alexander that made me buy it all those months ago. Can't wait for the new version Very Happy

The Theatrical Cut was split into 2 discs, as well. The film was on disc one and two and the extras were also on disc two.

I only have the DC one disc version. Does the 2 disc DC really do the same thing as the theatrical cut? I agree, why can't they just put the film on one disc and the extras on the other. That makes more sense, if they didn't do it that way.

I agree with Glendale that the film will probably be on 2 discs for the Extended Edition. It would make no sense to put it on one disc for a film that long. I would love to see at least a 4 disc set, with the film and a lot of new extras. Kind of like a LOTR type Extended Edition. But, I may be asking a bit much on that one.

Dara Smile
Luna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when exsactly is the extended version coming out? anyone know?
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luna,

Leonidas reported that Stone's office told him it would be out in the Fall of 2007 (see Leonidas' above post). That's probably not a firm date. It may be out before then. At least I hope so.

Dara Smile
Luna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! i hope it comes out before the fall of 2007! it just woulnt be fair to wait that long! but then again i shouldnt be complaining because we are at least getting it , i mean imagine if oliver ignored the pleas of his fans...

Very Happy
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Oliver Stone was on Breakfast TV this week talking about the new cut of Alexander. He said 'this thing has haunted me' and he wanted to make certain themes clearer in his new cut.

What will the cut be called though? He's done the director's cut, will this be the Special Edition, or the Extended version? Confused
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Catherine!

Here is the article from the BBC website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5327214.stm

I would think that the new edition of the film would be called a Special Edition or Extended Edition. I know the Gladiator DVD is called the Extended Edition.

I hope the DVD has extras as well. I read where someone suggested the "Dancing for Oliver" documentary that Suzanne Gielgud (one of the choreographers on the film) did, that features all of Bagoas' dance as well as how Francisco Bosch got the part of Bagoas in the film. I think it would be a great documentary. It's doing very well on the film festival curcuit, right now.

Deleted scenes (if there are any) are a must for extras. Also, if Sean Stone has any more documentaries kicking around, they would be nice to include. Actually, his "Fight Against Time" documentary was not included on the Region 1 disc. I know it was on several of the European discs. I did see it and it's a good one.

So if your listening Ixtlan...

Okay, I am kidding around, even though I would like to see those things. I have to just be happy we are getting an Extended Edition this soon. I am very grateful to Oliver Stone for doing this.

But, Oliver listens to us folks, so it doesn't hurt to put your 2 cents in now. But then again, he knows what he is doing and what to put on a DVD. I guess the rest of us just try to help with ideas and suggestions for him. Wink

Dara Smile
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of "Dancing for Oliver"....

It will be playing at the 14th Raindance Film Festival in London from September 27-October 8, 2006.

http://www.***/festival/programme/index.htm

The documentary will be playing on October 1st.

Also, here is a link to the Marbella International Film Festival. "Dancing for Oliver" just played there on September 9th. But the site has two new pictures from the documentary.

You can see them, here:

http://www.marbellafilmfestival.com/en/films/films/FilmDetails.aspx?id=15

Dara Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: