Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Cut of Alexander coming on DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdiemom94 wrote:

I would think that the new edition of the film would be called a Special Edition or Extended Edition. I know the Gladiator DVD is called the Extended Edition.

That is a great one. I loved the added scenes in the extended version of Gladiator.
Colins_mom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Wow, a new longer release! This is amazing news. I'm excited. I hope nothing keeps this from coming about. You go Oliver!!
joanna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEONIDAS wrote:
I called Olivers Stone office in LA today. His staff are well aware of the alexnder web site currently he will be working on the extended version real soon. I was told that it wont be out until fall of 2007. They took my phone and email address and if anything changes they will let me know. From talking to his staff there they have a real positive attiiude towards the group and they say thank you for all of your support here at alexander the great co uk.

LEONIDAS, YOU ARE A GEM!
siwa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great!!!, i hope it became true!
apelles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell all.
I,ve got a bit more information about the new cut.Oliver was interviewed on recutting dvd,s,along with Ridley Scott.I heard it on the BBC arts programme,"Front Row" last night.He said he,d finished the third cut,it was three hours,forty minutes long and he thought the whole thing had more power than the previous two.And get this everyone.He also said,
"The peope who loved Alexander will really like this"
Well,interpret that how you want to but I think it may just be another reference to us.What do you think?Is it us or is it just a general remark and I,m reading into it what I,d like to believe?Seems strange that he keeps mentioning the people who love the film in every interview he gives. Question Question
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, apelles.

I am glad you posted this.

I found the link with the audio to the interview with Ridley Scott and Oliver Stone.

Here is the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/radio4/aod.shtml?radio4/frontrow_fri#

I love even the two lines of audio that they played from the new version. Thats a nice little teaser.

I think Oliver is referring to the people that have supported the film. That would mean people here and a few other sites around the Internet, as well as those that wrote him and voiced their support. I truly don't think that without this support he would have gone back and looked at the film so soon. It may be a small group of people, but a vocal one that just wants to see more.

Dara Smile
[/url]
siwa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find this incredible, i will be very happy with the new version, sure!!
apelles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too Siwa!I actually can,t wait! Razz
Dara,thanks for the link.I,m sure you,re right and he would never have re-visited Alexander if the support hadn,t been there.
Janie
Nell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great Very Happy I can't wait!!
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
Hell all.
I,ve got a bit more information about the new cut.Oliver was interviewed on recutting dvd,s,along with Ridley Scott.I heard it on the BBC arts programme,"Front Row" last night.He said he,d finished the third cut,it was three hours,forty minutes long and he thought the whole thing had more power than the previous two.And get this everyone.He also said,
Well,interpret that how you want to but I think it may just be another reference to us. What do you think?Is it us or is it just a general remark and I,m reading into it what I,d like to believe?Seems strange that he keeps mentioning the people who love the film in every interview he gives. Question Question

Of course it is us! Wait a minute, it must be me, at least Laughing Who has seen "ALEXANDER" so many times? I challenge anybody to that. I don't think there is another human being on our planet that has seen the movie as many times as I have. Come on, tell me your number Razz
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
apelles wrote:
Hell all.
Well,interpret that how you want to but I think it may just be another reference to us. What do you think?Is it us or is it just a general remark and I,m reading into it what I,d like to believe?Seems strange that he keeps mentioning the people who love the film in every interview he gives. Question Question

Of course it is us! Wait a minute, it must be me, at least Laughing Who has seen "ALEXANDER" so many times? I challenge anybody to that. I don't think there is another human being on our planet that has seen the movie as many times as I have. Come on, tell me your number Razz

I have! I own the movie, even before you all got it. Wink
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Surprised ! I don't believe you, Adriv! You had just a few scenes. A few, few scenes. I was one of the first to get it online from that Norwegian site (and they didn't even have English subtitles in it Shocked ). Don't you remember? It cost me double the price I paid here in Italy when it was released and now I am proud to say that I own five "ALEXANDER" DVD's.

1) The Norwegian one (where I can practice the Scandinavian languages, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, you name them, which have subtitles all right. Why English, no? Don't ask me; I have no idea )

2) The Italian one. Ok. Here there are English subtitles Very Happy

3) The Greek one. How could I press my family there to see it hundreds of times if there weren't the Greek subtitles. They love it (or I made them love it Laughing )

4) The Director's Cut.

5) I also have the computer game based on the movie.

6) It's my extended version (ok, I still have to wait for it Rolling Eyes )

Who can beat me to all this?
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
No Surprised ! I don't believe you, Adriv! You had just a few scenes. A few, few scenes. I was one of the first to get it online from that Norwegian site (and they didn't even have English subtitles in it Shocked ). Don't you remember? It cost me double the price I paid here in Italy when it was released and now I am proud to say that I own five "ALEXANDER" DVD's.

1) The Norwegian one (where I can practice the Scandinavian languages, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, you name them, which have subtitles all right. Why English, no? Don't ask me; I have no idea )

2) The Italian one. Ok. Here there are English subtitles Very Happy

3) The Greek one. How could I press my family there to see it hundreds of times if there weren't the Greek subtitles. They love it (or I made them love it Laughing )

4) The Director's Cut.

5) I also have the computer game based on the movie.

6) It's my extended version (ok, I still have to wait for it Rolling Eyes )

Who can beat me to all this?

LOL...damn! I don't have all of those things ...yikes! Shocked
joanna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it, my dear Rolling Eyes
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This probably makes you QUEEN OF THE FORUM Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: