Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Cut of Alexander coming on DVD
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: New Cut of Alexander coming on DVD Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I think this is news that all of you have waited for and will be interested in. I was so psyched when I heard this!! I heard about it and then was able to find confirmation on it.

Oliver Stone is planning on doing a 220 minute version of the film for DVD. Thats 3 hours and 45 minutes. But it sounds like it will be different from what he has already done.

The DVD should be available in a few months. He doesn't think that there will be a big advertising campaign, but you will be able to purchase it through the Warner Brother DVD catalog. He wanted to do it for the people that really loved the film wanted to see more. He says he still loves the film and loves working on it.

So I guess our letters and comments that have been posted here, were not lost on Oliver Stone. Thank you, Oliver!

This is fabulous news!

Here is the link to the article, where I found the news. It is from the Rope of Silicon site:

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/news.php?id=4242

BTW, his new film WTC is getting rave reviews. It looks like a great film if you get the chance to see it, go take a look. It looks fantastic!

Dara Smile
Cynisca

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is brilliant news....hugs Dara and dances around....Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I know at least one other person not in this forum who will be dancing too... Wink
Dashes off to spread the news....!
One happy Cynisca.....!
xx
Savanna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: wow! Reply with quote

Very Happy Cool Very Happy This is so exciting!!! Very Happy
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell you what great news this is! I knew everyone would be excited. It's nice to see your enthusiasm Cynisca and Savanna. It really is something to dance around about. I couldn't believe it myself when I read it.

I am so grateful that Oliver Stone thought about the people that really loved the film, despite how it did at the box office. This is a film that deserved more than it got and I am so glad that Stone is giving it the respect and ultimate treatment it deserves. I know he loves this film, so I knew he couldn't leave it alone for too long. I just didn't think it would be this soon. But, I am so happy.

Dara Smile
Savanna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for bringing the news, Dara! I couldn't believe it when I heard it might happen someday, and I never would've expected such a long cut to come at all... I'm so happy this is going to happen! Surprised I know I'll be dreaming about the possibilities -
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really love to see him throw in all of the footage that he shot. If there were little odds and ends here and there of footage, I would love to see those as extras on the DVD.

That is what they did with Gladiator. They included pretty much everything that was shot in the EE of the film and put any extra snipets as deleted scenes extras on the DVD.

I hope we get a real deluxe version. Go Oliver!

I am not asking much, am I? Wink

Dara Smile
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to olivers DVD coming out.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can speak for most everyone one on this board and say that we are all looking forward to it. Hooray!!

Dara Smile
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should clarify a little something.

Oliver Stone will be finished with the film in a few months, but that does not mean that WB will release it right away. We will have to keep our eyes out for when they decide to put it in their catalog.

But, at least it is going to be a reality. I guess that is what counts!

Dara Smile
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our prayers have been heard! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
apelles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOOPEE,HURRAAAAAY!!!!!!!!This is so unexpected.I bet Oliver,s doing this just for us or people like us anyway.Maybe it was my grovelling,pleading letter.Well I,m going to believe that anyway!I,m so happy I,m jumping around. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, isn't it apelles?

I think you are right that Oliver is doing it for all of us who really like the film.

Like I said, I think it was a combination of the letters and comments that made the difference!

Kudos to all of you that didn't quit asking, on this board. You were heard!

Dara Smile
GLENDALEFALCON

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is indeed GREAT NEWS! I thought we'd have to wait 10-15 years
before this would happen. Thankfully, we'll get it within 1 1/2 of the first
DVD release! I CAN'T WAIT! Lets find out when this will be released!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can,t wait either.I just had an awful thought;what if it,s only a released in one format and us poor souls not in the U.S won,t be able to play it!!Oliver,if you,re out there,please,please don,t let that happen. Crying or Very sad
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure the DVD will be made for different regions, apelles. I don't think you have to worry about that.

Here is another general, but encouraging quote from Oliver Stone about the DVD. The quote is from wildaboutmovies.com:

From http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/interviews/OliverStoneInterviewWorldTradeCenterMovieNicolasCageMichaelPenaWillJimenoJohnMcLoughlin.php

"While Stone has earned his wings, with his three Academy Awards, he says, “’Nixon’ was painful. ‘Heaven and Earth’ was painful. “Alexander” was the biggest disappointment for me. I had the attitude of ‘f*** it.’ I am doing the third version of “Alexander” for DVD, a 3 ¾ hour version. The Cecille B. DeMille version. I shot a million, two hundred thousand feet on ‘Alexander.’ But that was the most I have ever shot on a film. I recently heard of a director, of a one and a half hour comedy, that shot one million feet! I can’t waist film. I am going to put every inch of ‘Alexander’ to good use.”

I like that last line, hope it's true.

Dara Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: