Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"300"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savanna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="joanna"]
Cynisca wrote:

But I have to be honest and say that this...weird decision of mine (I'm not 18 years old) has to do with ALEXANDER, both the movie and the Great man in history. Now I understand that I made a mistake and I studied the wrong subject. But, it's never late, is it?
So here I am... a university student again at my age! Embarassed

That is so cool. Smile I love the energy of this forum. It doesn't surprise me to see (another) Alexandrian get sucked back into the uni out of sheer enthusiasm. It makes me think the people who made Alexander must be very satisfied with their amazing accomplishment(s!!), even if they can only sense how deeply they have moved Alexander's devoted fans very distantly. I think that is very rare for a Hollywood film to resonate with such depth with anyone, and I'm sure they feel priveleged to have channeled Alexander's legacy so successfully that we fans are excited just to bask in the knowledge of how Alexander lived.
joanna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Savanna, I'm proud of all the people who made "ALEXANDER" .
I hope they will understand what they've done to me Very Happy . I'm going to tell them.
Savanna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:

I hope they will understand what they've done to me Very Happy . I'm going to tell them.

me too! Surprised Someday, in the not-too-distant future... I have an intricately worked-out plan! It involves grad school, for creative writing.

I just know they'll be happy to hear from us, they've been so warm and open with fans about Alexander it's just stunning. It makes me selfishly a little relieved that the sheeple turned away from Alexander, making our appreciation more precious to them! Embarassed Isn't that a rotten thought. But in truth I'm shocked and disappointed that more people haven't had the heart to respond to the rare nobility of the story OS told, it made me rethink my priorities in life.

After some hard thought I realized that you have to surround yourself with people who can be as passionate and open to inspiration as yourself and who can connect with what (to you) are the critical themes, symbols and stories in life, otherwise you're adrift in a sea of indifferent faces. I'm so grateful to all of you and to Kevin for keeping this forum going, visiting here has been a wonderful and important experience for me.
Cynisca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cynisca The Course sounds very exciting, will you be doing one of the *** studies?.
Cynisca[/quote]
Eh, why is s p e c i a l i s e d rating as a 'rude' word with 3 letters.....???
joanna

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savanna wrote:
joanna wrote:

me too! Surprised Someday, in the not-too-distant future... I have an intricately worked-out plan! It involves grad school, for creative writing.I just know they'll be happy to hear from us, they've been so warm and open with fans about Alexander it's just stunning. It makes me selfishly a little relieved that the sheeple turned away from Alexander, making our appreciation more precious to them! Embarassed Isn't that a rotten thought. But in truth I'm shocked and disappointed that more people haven't had the heart to respond to the rare nobility of the story OS told, it made me rethink my priorities in life.

After some hard thought I realized that you have to surround yourself with people who can be as passionate and open to inspiration as yourself and who can connect with what (to you) are the critical themes, symbols and stories in life, otherwise you're adrift in a sea of indifferent faces. I'm so grateful to all of you and to Kevin for keeping this forum going, visiting here has been a wonderful and important experience for me.

It sounds interesting, Savanna. Oh, yes, we'll tell them.

And I like what you wrote and I underlined above. You know ALEXANDER changed my life...to the better. Yeah, I'm very grateful to Kevin because he made us 'meet'.
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally bought the 2 disc DVD. Can't wait to see it! Smile
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: the 300 Reply with quote

TONIGHT WE DINE IN PELLAS!!!
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: the 300 Reply with quote

LEONIDAS wrote:
TONIGHT WE DINE IN PELLAS!!!

hehe...I wish Smile
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: leonidas Reply with quote

ALEXANDER AND SPARTANS PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way.....Leonidas (Gerard Butler) is a hottie Embarassed
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynisca wrote:

Eh, why is s p e c i a l i s e d rating as a 'rude' word with 3 letters.....???
It is because it contains the letters C I A L I S which is a drug promoted by spammers. Unfortunately, any word containing within it the letters in order to make up a banned word are also unfortunatley blocked.
joanna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:

Gerard's very handsome, isn't he?

You know, last week my new flatmate arrived and by Zeus, he has Gerard's physique! The only difference is that he's younger than our Leonidas. And listen to that he is also from Scotland!!! The first days he was not talking to us (who are we? slaves, barbarians?) and we were expecting him to say "This is Sparta!" and throw us out of here. But, now, he has started behaving and I discovered that he is exactly the opposite. He's a friendly young man, but... a little shy.
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
Adriv wrote:

Gerard's very handsome, isn't he?

You know, last week my new flatmate arrived and by Zeus, he has Gerard's physique! The only difference is that he's younger than our Leonidas. And listen to that he is also from Scotland!!! The first days he was not talking to us (who are we? slaves, barbarians?) and we were expecting him to say "This is Sparta!" and throw us out of here. But, now, he has started behaving and I discovered that he is exactly the opposite. He's a friendly young man, but... a little shy.

Wow... I would like to be Razz
Cynisca

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:

Stelios (Michael Fassbender) for me in 300 ... Embarassed although I definitely like Gerald Butler in certain roles..aka Leonidas, Beowulf, Attila.... has to be warrior mode...Wink
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynisca wrote:
Adriv wrote:

Stelios (Michael Fassbender) for me in 300 ... Embarassed although I definitely like Gerald Butler in certain roles..aka Leonidas, Beowulf, Attila.... has to be warrior mode...Wink

OH, I like his role in Attila.... that's where I discovered him Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: