Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If You Love The Movie, Why Would You Get The Directer's Cut?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you own?
Alexander Full Version
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Alexander Directer's Cut
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Silverbackman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: If You Love The Movie, Why Would You Get The Directer's Cut? Reply with quote

If you love the movie Alexander, why bother to get the Directer's Cut? I certainly wouldn't want to get the version that cut out scenes. Would you?

I heard that Oliver is making a new extended version of Alexander. Is he going to extend from the Directer's Cut or is he going to extend from the original FULL version?
FrenchMe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the full version better myself but that didn' stop me from buying both versions.

I am intranced by this movie and I can't seem to be as patient as they want meto be ....Fall 2007....whew.
Cynisca

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I already have both versions........so can't answer the Poll Wink
The beauty of owning the Directors Cut as well, is that you then have a different way of looking at the film.......!
Of course, we are all now waiting patiently...or in some cases, non patiently Laughing for the extended edition....
By the sound of it, Oliver will be using the original film footage for the extended edition.... so this could mean additions to the Theatrical Version or something rather different....we will have to wait and see.... Wink
regards
Cynisca
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own both versions, but certainly I prefer the theatrical release, and anxiously await the release of the extended edition. Smile
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both versions - and all the extras I have been able to lay my hands on. One reason for getting the DC is, that there is footage in it, that is not included in the TV. So if you, like me, is a fan of the movie, and want all there is to get, then get both versions with as many extra documentaries you can.

The TV is by far the better movie - more epic in style than the faster moving DC. And more Hephaistion Laughing

One more thing - but don't tell Yanna - I've got more versions of the movie, than she has. *Runs for cover*
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both too.I actually like the DC a lot but one major disadvantage for me is the absence ot the Eve of Battle scene which I love.Hopefully Oliver has extended from the full version but we'll just have to wait patiently.
GLENDALEFALCON

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Director's Cut : WS, Director's Cut : FS, and TC. I'm
planning on buying the third cut of the film as soon as it's on DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Raises hand*

I have both versions, too. I like both of them. I am in the minority, but I like the DC just a slight bit more than the TC.

Dara Smile
apelles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdiemom94 wrote:
*Raises hand*

I have both versions, too. I like both of them. I am in the minority, but I like the DC just a slight bit more than the TC.

Dara Smile

I'm with you on that Dara. Smile
FrenchMe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the DC version, but I ove the TV version, just cause I get a lil more Hephaisiton! lol 'I love the way he says'farwell my Alexander'
siwa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both versions, too. I like both of them.
I f you like the film a lot you have to enjoy the new cuts in DC.
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
birdiemom94 wrote:
*Raises hand*

Dara Smile

You can't be serious Exclamation I refuse to believe it. You actually prefer the version with no Eve of Battle scene, with no smirking Hephaistion in response to Roxanne's " And he needs you ?", with a cut Balcony scene and with no "My Alexander" in Hephaistion's death scene Question

I shall not be talking to you until you retract the above statements Evil or Very Mad
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiliarch wrote:
apelles wrote:
birdiemom94 wrote:
*Raises hand*

Dara Smile

You can't be serious Exclamation I refuse to believe it. You actually prefer the version with no Eve of Battle scene, with no smirking Hephaistion in response to Roxanne's " And he needs you ?", with a cut Balcony scene and with no "My Alexander" in Hephaistion's death scene Question

I shall not be talking to you until you retract the above statements Evil or Very Mad

Oh dear me! Shocked This is what I said further back on the thread.
apelles wrote:
I have both too.I actually like the DC a lot but one major disadvantage for me is the absence ot the Eve of Battle scene which I love.Hopefully Oliver has extended from the full version but we'll just have to wait patiently.

I just like the pacing of the DC better,not the missing H. bits which I think was a major mistake done for all the wrong reasons.
Are you talking to us again now? Question Question Question
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
I just like the pacing of the DC better,not the missing H. bits which I think was a major mistake done for all the wrong reasons.
Are you talking to us again now? Question Question Question

I am trying very hard to come to terms with this. But...............it being the season of good will, I suppose I'll forgive you and talk to you again. *mumble.........mumble..........grumble...........totters off*
FrenchMe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, it seems someone is in a bit 'o trouble a pity. I love Hephaistion, te more of him i watch the better my boyfriend looks. lol

I wonder what actually occured before his death, I don't by the whole H was sick and he just died it had to be more than that I think....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: