Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Alexander Revisited" DVD Chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: "Alexander Revisited" DVD Chat Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I just want let you guys know that there is a small group of us who are going to be doing a chat with the new "Alexander Revisited" DVD.

If you are not familiar with how a chat works, it is where a group of us get together in a chat room (our very own room, just for this chat) and we all put the DVD on at the same time and we watch it together, chatting about it as we watch. It is a lot of fun!

The chat will take place on Saturday, March 17, 2007 and it will be with the Region 1 DVD (please make sure your player can play R1 DVD's). We will probably chat the first half of the film up until the intermission and then do the rest of the film at a later date.

If for some reason some members do not have their DVD's by then, we will try for Saturday, March 24th. I want to make sure that the majority of people who want to chat have their DVD in hand.

If anyone is interested, please drop me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you the details (details will include the chat times in your time zone).

This chat is open to current active registered members of this board, only. If there are members here, who have not been active recently, but have been a member of this board for awhile and would like to participate, please PM me, as well.

I hope some of you will join us. I think it will be a good time.

If you have any questions, please include them in your PM with your e-mail address.

Thanks,

Dara Smile
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will PM you soon, Dara. The chat sounds such a great idea. And you are such a clever person to think about it. Thanks Smile
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Yanna!

I am glad you are interested in joining. I just think it will be a lot of fun to just get some of us together to chat about the film we have all come to know and love. It's a great way to celebrate the release of "Alexander: The Final Cut".

If anyone else out there is interested (any current active registered members), just send me a PM and I will get you the information.

Dara Smile
Cynisca

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather a cool way to celebrate St Patrick's Day too.....any coincidence with Colin and others in the cast being Irish.... Wink Wink
Alexander and half a Guiness please....!
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No coincidence at all. You know, I really didn't even think of that.

Would you like to join us, Cynisca?

The more the merrier.

Dara Smile
Cynisca

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely, I have already the dvd on order....!!!
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted the transcript for the Alexander Revisited DVD chat we had on March 17, 2007, over on my board. It's a wild read, so be patient, with all of us typing frantically. So expect some typos and a lot of general silliness and tongue and cheek humor (this was quite a group of characters, who participated), with some good comments and observations about the film, in between. It can be fragmented, but it's a good read. It was an all ladies chat (with Alejandro peeking in, but left the harem quickly, after Smile ) and we had a blast (as they say here in the States).

It was a fun time had by all. It was so nice we could watch the film together and chat about it, in a relaxed way. I don't think anyone wanted to leave, when it was over. We got very ambitious and did the whole film. It didn't seem like 3 1/2 hours. It went by so quick. It must have been the wonderful company that we all shared together.

If anyone missed out, we are likely going to do it again. We can discuss it over on the Epic Film Net board. We don't want to leave anyone out if they didn't have their DVD or if they are still interested. We may plan future chats with one of the other versions of Alexander or another film, entirely. This one went extremely well.

Here is the transcript for the Alexander Revisited DVD chat:

http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=epicfilmnet&act=ST&f=7&t=185&st=0#entry1658

Thank you Kevin, for allowing me to include members of this forum in the chat. And thank you Ixtlan and Oliver Stone for providing a wonderful and moving film that could bring us all together to enjoy it!

Dara Smile
apelles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,forget Oscars night,this was miles better!Thank you Dara for organising a truly terrific evening.It was great!I can't think of a better way to see the new cut than in company like this. Very Happy
It was a great Laughing Laughing Laughing as well.
What WAS that awful thing on the end of the stick? Laughing
Let's do it again!
joanna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tears continue running down my cheeks... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdiemom94 wrote:
Thank you Kevin, for allowing me to include members of this forum in the chat.
Any time Smile
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
birdiemom94 wrote:
Thank you Kevin, for allowing me to include members of this forum in the chat.
Any time Smile

Kevin! Smile
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are chatting again....

We will be doing another DVD chat on April 28, 2007. The last one was great and I am sure this one will be just as good or even better.

Back by popular demand and for those that could not join us for the last one, we will be chatting "Alexander Revisited", again.

Some of us are going to be doing it again (I know it will be my fourth viewing the film).

The chat is open to current, active, registered members of this board.

If you are interested and I don't have your e-mail address, please PM me with it, so I can send you the details. Thanks.

We are planning to chat "Alexander: The Theatrical Cut" (the fancy name for the TC), in May, sometime. Details will follow on that one. We had a vote on my site for what film we would like to chat next and the majority (a small majority) chose "Alexander".

If you have any questions, please PM me or drop by Epic Film Net and PM me there, if you are a member, there.

Thanks,

Dara Smile
apelles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there Dara.The last one was fantastic!Thanks for organising it again. Very Happy
Cynisca

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
and as some already know, so will I this time....Alexander revisited me today.... Very Happy Very Happy
I just watched the first half.......woooh Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
...why didn't Oliver put this version into the cinemas...well, minus one or two scenes still I suppose....too gory...lol
A lot of things are far clearer now.....but it's also left me wondering 'is that new or did I miss it those times before?' in a few places....!
By the way.....I have his sword...well, a licensed replica of the Gaugamela kopis....! That makes it even more fascinating when you see him wearing and using it....!
Regards
Cynisca
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynisca wrote:
Hi
and as some already know, so will I this time....Alexander revisited me today.... Very Happy Very Happy
I just watched the first half.......woooh Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
...why didn't Oliver put this version into the cinemas...well, minus one or two scenes still I suppose....too gory...lol
A lot of things are far clearer now.....but it's also left me wondering 'is that new or did I miss it those times before?' in a few places....!
By the way.....I have his sword...well, a licensed replica of the Gaugamela kopis....! That makes it even more fascinating when you see him wearing and using it....!
Regards
Cynisca

Wow,you have the sword?You can wave it menacingly when we do our chat. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: