Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MySpace Alexander Revisited page
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ixtlan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: MySpace Alexander Revisited page Reply with quote

Dear All,

Just wanted to make sure you're aware of the new Alexander Revisited MySpace page, where Oliver will be answering some questions:

http://www.myspace.com/alexanderrevisited

Thanks as always for all your interest and support,
the Ixtlan team
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ixtlan,

The page looks terrific. I am so glad that Oliver Stone is willing to answer our questions. I am sure he will have plenty to answer. Has he ever done something like this before on the Internet (with myspace.com or any other Internet site)? This may be a first for one of his films and I am glad he chose "Alexander" to do it with.

I loved the two extended videos with the new footage I saw, that Warner Brothers released (Gaugemela, Alexander's death scene, The Eve of Battle scene etc.). This DVD looks like it is going to be great.

I am looking forward to seeing what he has to say and what he thinks of all of our feedback.

Thanks again for the reminder about the new page.

Keep up the good work.

Dara Smile
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ixtlan.This looks wonderful,a great opportunity for us to post all our reactions and have any queries answered.I think we're all incredibly excited about the release and from what we've seen so far it's going to be an absolute joy.
Cynisca

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
i've been displaying the 'Alexander Revisited' banner link to the website on my Profile page for the last week or two...it's great news to hear there is also a MySpace page.....!
I will send out a bulletin about this... Wink...that is when MySpace sorts out the problems, I just had to access my own page via a friends:(
Regards
Cynisca
Cynisca

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynisca wrote:
Hi,
i've been displaying the 'Alexander Revisited' banner link to the website on my Profile page for the last week or two...it's great news to hear there is also a MySpace page.....!
I will send out a bulletin about this... Wink...that is when MySpace sorts out the problems, I just had to access my own page via a friends:(
Regards
Cynisca

I just added in a link to the MySpace page under the banner.....and my page has gone totally crazy..... something else connected with Alexander has taken it over.....and I didn't touch that section ... Confused Rolling Eyes Confused
Hope that is a good sign....!
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oliver Stone has answered the first round of questions that were asked of him over on the myspace Alexander Revisited page. You can read all of his answers, there.

He will be answering more questions, if anyone here wants to ask one. I think he really enjoys answering them.

I have read a few reviews so far for the new DVD (it's "research" for my site Laughing ). Overall, the few reviews I have read have been more on the positive side. Thats refreshing to read!

Dara Smile
joanna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ixtlan team, you're terrific! Thanks.

Oliver Stone, you are great! I can't wait to see the Final Cut and ask you questions. You are a God to me, you know.
joanna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time I changed my avatar Very Happy
FrenchMe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice avatar Joanna

I just ordered Alexander The final cut this is so exciting! I can't wait and that's why i got rush delivery. I can't wait tomorrow's the offical release date We should celebrate! I can't believe that this movie had originaly came out in 2004 I am so proud of Oliver Stone for making this cut and I think he's totally underrated here in the U.S. god he's a mad genuis who deserves recognition.

Is anyone going to see 300?
TheChosen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you submit a question on the myspace page?
joanna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrenchMe wrote:
Nice avatar Joanna

I just ordered Alexander The final cut this is so exciting! I can't wait and that's why i got rush delivery. I can't wait tomorrow's the offical release date We should celebrate! I can't believe that this movie had originaly came out in 2004 I am so proud of Oliver Stone for making this cut and I think he's totally underrated here in the U.S. god he's a mad genuis who deserves recognition.

Is anyone going to see 300?

Thanks, FrenchMe. Yeah, a nice avatar, indeed Very Happy
You can't imagine how much I like Oliver Stone! I will always be grateful to him. He gave us ALEXANDER, an incredible film!!!!

I saw "300" (three times so far). That means I did enjoy it, but number ONE is ALEXANDER. It will always be Arrow
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am not sure what is going on with the myspace site, but they have not posted any questions or comments over there since March 23rd. I don't know why that is happening. I am wondering if OS is not available to answer them right now, so they stopped posting them. Or maybe he is just not answering, anymore.

I am not trying to be a pain in the neck (trying, being the operative word, here), but I did submit another one (maybe thats why they stopped posting them Very Happy ) at the beginning of March and I have not seen it posted, yet. As we discuss the film on my board (which we have been doing quite a bit... over 3,000 hits worth for the "Alexander Revisited" thread, alone...unbelievable!), more questions seem to come up. But, I am sure there are plenty of other people who have questions that didn't get posted. I hope everyone gets a chance to get theirs answered. I think OS has been doing a great job answering them. The answers are extremely informative. You really get a lot of insight on what went into doing the film and the choices that he made. It's so fascinating. And when else would you ever get the chance to pick Oliver Stone's brain. Very Happy

He even so graciously answered part of one I posted awhile ago, again, just recently. He had already gave a terrific answer and I didn't expect more, but he answered the question even further. It's an honor and just plain fun to ask.

He truly is a nice man, Yanna, you are correct. He truly loves this film and it was so nice to say "thank you" to all of us that supported it, by answering our questions.

The Chosen, you have to go to myspace and get an account there. Then you can go to the "Alexander Revisited" page and then click on where it says "Discuss the film with Oliver Stone". There is a place where it says, "add comment" and you can click on that and make a comment. But, you must be a member of myspace to do it. I hope that helps. Make sure to put "Alexander Revisited" on your friends list, as well.

Ixtlan, if you happen to read this and have an answer as to why no further questions are being posted or if Oliver Stone had stopped answering them, please let us know.

Thanks,

Dara Smile
Gioi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! I have good things to say about Alexander Revisited:....Its the Best of the previous two... And this time Oliver had set the scene very easy to follow. Still going from present to past, but this time has more sense.

Now every time that a scene goes from present to past, its because Alexander's flashback... Yes better that way Cool
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gioi wrote:
Oh! I have good things to say about Alexander Revisited:....Its the Best of the previous two... And this time Oliver had set the scene very easy to follow. Still going from present to past, but this time has more sense.

Now every time that a scene goes from present to past, its because Alexander's flashback... Yes better that way Cool

We like it a lot too! Very Happy Very Happy
Nell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted two sets of two and three questions on there and got them all answered Laughing It was like Santa Clause existed after all when I saw he had answered them Razz

Oliver Stone is awesome. He already was, but now that he's answered my questions I love the man even more Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: