Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I met Colin Farrell
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: I met Colin Farrell Reply with quote

I met Colin Farrell last Friday night; he was very nice, funny, down-to-earth and a real gentleman. He signed my Alexander DVD and Alexander is actually the film he's most proud of to have done - so it's his personal favourite as well Smile Just thought I'd share that with you all![/img]
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Nell, thats great!

Where did you meet him? I know he is filming in Germany at the present time.

It's great to know that he regards "Alexander" as his favorite film.

What else did you talk about with him? I am just curious for no reason.

Dara Smile
Nell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met him on the film set, he came up to me actually! He appreciated the support and was very funny.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you were in the right place at the right time. How did you manage to get on the set? Or were you just watching them film a scene on a street or something? Were you in a crowd and he came over to sign autographs?

Did you mention anything to him about the new cut of "Alexander" (obviously he knows, already)?

I guess I have a lot of questions, here. You don't have to answer, but it's fun to ask, anyway.

Dara Smile
Nell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were standing in the street, watching him work. We didn't expect much more, honestly. He didn't really come over to sign stuff, he just kind of came up to us to see what was going on! Can't say much more, not yet! Will after he leaves Bruges, though.
joanna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nell, GREAT news! I can't believe it! You met Colin and you are calm and answering our questions?

I would be 'overexcited' for at least a year....
Did you tell him about our forum?
Did you ask where his fans can write to him?
Did you tell him that we love him?
Did you mention that a crazy woman Confused in the forum has seen "Alexander" so many times that she has lost count?
Did you mention the name Very Happy of that crazy woman?
Did you..........

Oh, God, millions of questions. Let me calm down and I will continue
(poor Nell...)
FrenchMe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Joanna I feel bad for Nell... Laughing

Those sure are a lot of questions I hope Nell answers the last few questions.

How did Colin look?
How did he smell?
Was he smoking?
Did he smile when you saw him?

Silly questions I know but I want to know Embarassed
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nell,I just knew you'd do it!You lucky,lucky girl!Come on,we want,we need answers to all those questions!
Cynisca

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nell,
you are a lucky lady.....I am sure he was happy to meet you too..!
it's good to meet the stars and to realise they are just like us.....even though we feel awkward in their presence sometimes....sometimes they can feel just as awkward...!
You imagine how Colin feels, knowing all sorts of women drool about him with sha ggy blond hair and a short chiton or linothorax....riding Bucephalas bare assed on a leopardskin blanket...(wheres that 'fanning oneself' emotion Rolling Eyes )
FrenchMe wrote:

How did he smell? I hope the answer is not 'sweaty'... Laughing
Was he smoking? Flames were kindling - he was so hot...? Rolling Eyes hehehe

regards
Cynisca
Nell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'll try to answer as specific as possible lol

Did you tell him that we love him?
I wasn't very specific but I got my point across - he knows he's loved and he knows his portrayal of Alexander the Great is loved Smile

How did Colin look?
He looked even better in the flesh than on screen or in pictures... there's something about his eyes... like he looks straight through you.

How did he smell?
Didn't smell too much because it was outside and really, really cold! Can tell you what he was wearing though; black pants, white shirt and long back coat - for the scene.

Was he smoking?
Whenever appropriate he did smoke, yeah. When he had a break or had to wait Smile

Did he smile when you saw him?
He's generally a very friendly, funny person - he was smiling most of the time I saw him; from when he saw us to inbetween takes. He just seemed like a genuinely fun, friendly guy and a pleasure to work with. He was in a good mood every time I saw him. And everyone who works with him loves him 'cause he's so friendly, generous and down-to-earth. I haven't met a single person who wasn't blown away.

And yeah Cynisca, it was a little awkward at first. Ofcourse he didn't know who he was approaching, so he seemed a little careful at first. But as soon as he noticed it was okay and we were just really enthusiastic, appreciative fans, he lighted up. He has a GREAT sense of humour, by the way.

Alexander is definately a 'weak spot' for him - when he had to go (because the paparazzi were going crazy) I managed to yell "I REALLY LOVED ALEXANDER" after him and he stopped, turned around and looked me in the eye in this really friendly, appreciative way. Colin is really open and friendly and generous towards his fans, and he really appreciates them. [/b]
Nell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I'll see him again this weekend Very Happy but probably not. Anyways I'll let you know afterwards!
FrenchMe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answering my questions. I am so happy you got to meet Colin. I can just imagine him smiling. Very Happy
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote Nell]
Quote:
How did Colin look?
He looked even better in the flesh than on screen or in pictures... there's something about his eyes... like he looks straight through you.

I see what you mean, Nell. I love the way he 'uses' his eyes. And that "...like he looks straight through you" definitely shows his intelligence and passionate character.

Quote:
Alexander is definately a 'weak spot' for him - when he had to go (because the paparazzi were going crazy) I managed to yell "I REALLY LOVED ALEXANDER" after him and he stopped, turned around and looked me in the eye in this really friendly, appreciative way. Colin is really open and friendly and generous towards his fans, and he really appreciates them.

Oh, I am so PROUD of you, Nell! I would have done the same. You know, I'm so optimistic some times and I dream a similar moment that can happen in my life this time:
To meet Colin and tell him how much I liked, like and will always like ALEXANDER. I will tell him that no film has touched my heart like this before. I will tell him he is a great actor. I will thank him for the pleasant moments he gave me, gives me and will give me everytime I watch his ALEXANDER... our ALEXANDER.

I'm sure he will appreciate it, as he will understand it is a honest remark, and he will let me kiss him Very Happy
What a dream!
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, thinking about that again, if I meet Colin in person or not doesn't make much difference. You know, if someone is in your heart, he is there even if you have him in front of you or not.
My admiration for him is beyond any physical contact.
Nell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get too meet Colin again, only extremely briefly just to get a picture. He was very tired and so were we - after all we had made the same hours as him. He had been working in the cold for seven hours, working really hard at one scene. We had been watching that in the cold all that time, and we were there an hour before he arrived - so basically we'd stood in the freezing cold (in mini-skirts, yay for lack of laundromats) for eight hours for him. Everyone was tired and cold and he had a night of work ahead of him so it was all very brief.

But he was very very kind once again. Got a kiss and a hug, a picture and then suddenly he was like "I've seen you before..." hehehe "Yeah, two weeks ago, with the leprechaun hats and the banners." He seemed amused! "Thank you so much for the support. Still think you're crazy though Razz !" So that was great. YAY Colin Farrell thinks I'm crazy Laughing

Well, you know, at least he knows we can laugh at ourselves; otherwise he wouldn't have just said that in our faces Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: