Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alexander Revisited - English Subtitle mayhem!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aniketos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Alexander Revisited - English Subtitle mayhem! Reply with quote

Hi all! I thought we could have some fun in listing English subtitles goof-ups in the Region 1 DVD. This is strictly meant to be fun; please delete if this is inappropriate. When I saw gem number 1 below, I felt I HAD to start this thread! Very Happy I hope all of you contribute! Especially if similar goof-ups appear in other languages, too!

Starting from the funniest: Laughing

1. At wedding feast, Oxyartes : "Lord Sikander, ruler of ..."
in subtitle, "Raw skunk, ruler of ....."
Alexander the "raw skunk"! Shocked

2. Fat eunuch showing Bagoas off: "Nicely gelded..."
in subtitle, "nicely gilded"
Gilded in gold or silver? Razz

3. At wedding feast, Cleitus to Hephaistion, "Shouldn't you be bowing to the King?"
in subtitle, "Shouldn't you be bound to the King?"
Yes, he should be! Razz

4. On eve-of-Gaugemela, Alexander about Craterus, "Who needs gloves when you come from Thrace?"
in subtitle, "Who needs gloves when you come from ?"Grace
Craterus didn't come from Thrace OR Grace..... Wink
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing I 've yet to have my second viewing but I'll be sure to look at the subtitles then!Thanks for these,priceless!
joanna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well, I feel so sad Sad I think I am the only one here that hasn't seen it yet Exclamation And I feel even more miserable when I think I was the first to preorder it.... and I will be the last to see it......(tears come down my cheeks Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad )
apelles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
Oh, well, I feel so sad Sad I think I am the only one here that hasn't seen it yet Exclamation And I feel even more miserable when I think I was the first to preorder it.... and I will be the last to see it......(tears come down my cheeks Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad )

Awww,poor you!Where is it and why haven't you got it yet?Heads should roll for this. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: