Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what do you want?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meshuggahruls

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: what do you want? Reply with quote

hey ,
id like to ask each and every ones expectations of the movie .
you know. do you want battle scenes,his life, love life (lol),more war stratergie type things.
what do you think ?

post a reply.

love
from
cal[/b]
Rhemy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good movie worthy of his name :
Alexander was known as the Great coz he Conquered Lots of Lands, known to the prime trading routes.

He was known for the battles he fought.

OK mention the rest of his life, but Stone will defanatly have included those Battle Scenes at their primest of the era.

I, personally, want to see a lot of battle charges, clashes and thirst for Quest. The rest will be a good excuse to indulge in my snacks in the teathre.
Vasilios

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story itself is one of 4 stars, its all just a matter of converting/capturing it brilliantly on film. I want every single part to be authentic as possible (which looks like. will be taken care of), and of course I want battle scenes that will not be forgotten in hollywood for years to come.

It should be fantastic.
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Well Rounded and Authentic Movie Reply with quote

Hi,
I'd like to see the major battles (Issus) and the aftermath (how he treated the vanquished - Sisygambus, etc.) to show his greatness by compassion. Rolling Eyes And his justice - dealing with the killers of Darius. Evil or Very Mad
Also, there should be scenes with his parents and friends to show his character. Wink
Drama - the assassination of Philip and comedy - breaking Bucephalus and romance - wooing Roxane and horseplay - with Hephaestion and lust - with Bogaos. Confused
In other words, a well rounded but authentic movie that can stand up as a classic and win some Oscars. Laughing
I guess if I want all this, I'd better go out and direct the damn movie myself -- move over Oliver!!!!! Surprised Cool
Larry
SammyOne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like the film to address all the facets of Alex's personality. I think the film should deal with his ***, his relationship with Phil II and Olympias, his occassions of drunkeness, his astounding ability as a military leader...basically an authentic, historically true (of course with a bit of artist license) portrayal, but not shying away from uncomfortable 'taboo' issues. Why should they? They weren't taboo in Alex's day they were part of society. I'm also really excited about the battle scenes - think they'll be wicked!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
meshuggahruls

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello. ijust want to see lots of sex scenes. maybe some blood and guts too. see yas Twisted Evil
meshuggahruls

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello. ijust want to see lots of sex scenes. maybe some blood and guts too. see yas Twisted Evil
from nymphomargot, meshugguruls' friend
mOoK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see something different...
I'm quite sure that this movie's gonna be very unique and the best film ever. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dilya

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Well Rounded and Authentic Movie Reply with quote

Vecchiolarry wrote:
Hi,
In other words, a well rounded but authentic movie that can stand up as a classic and win some Oscars. Laughing
I guess if I want all this, I'd better go out and direct the damn movie myself -- move over Oliver!!!!! Surprised Cool
Larry

U're right Laughing
I'm was thinking exactly the same, I hope the movie will win some Oscars like Gladiator
u know what I mean Confused Coz' it's the same genre. Wink
jason_xander2000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: what I would like Reply with quote

Basically the Story of Alexander The Great, I would say is the greatest story ever told without been fictionous, the producers really shouild not waste the opportunity to tell a marvelous and complicated story.

They dont have to change antrhing for sensationalism as the life of Alexander is nothing short of sensational, to twist it and distort would be a toatal shame I trust and Hope Stone will be responsible and play everything with context and relevence to the times of Alexanders day and not to try make political or sexual points.

Lord Of The Rings, The Matrix, Harry Potter Great movies but fiction.

Alexander The Great mostly true and a better story, In this case fact is much betterb than any fiction we would read.

All I ask is they play the story correct
Rhemy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Well Rounded and Authentic Movie Reply with quote

Dilja wrote:

U're right Laughing
I'm was thinking exactly the same, I hope the movie will win some Oscars like Gladiator
u know what I mean Confused Coz' it's the same genre. Wink

Gladiator however missed an Oscar that year it should have one ;
The movie with most mistakes in it. plastic bottles, continuation, visible eqiupment, men in jeans, crew talking through 2 way radios etc.
meshuggahruls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i guess i wanna see truth but excitement too so if they put a bit of gay love and day to day drama im open lol Razz yeah but also i want to have a bit of the truth aye. well tahnks dude okay well bye
love
from
cal
whoopscareless

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want them to get his hair right... Confused
whoopscareless

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astibus wrote:
if there's anything i expect its not to walk away feeling ive just wasted 3 hours of my life.

I second that. But I would add that if it's not just the best thing since sliced bread, and I'm not drooling with delight and trying to get right back in to see it again, I wouldn't mind walking away from the film with a smug sense of satisfaction that I noticed the bits they got wrong. But only a little bit...
SammyOne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoopscareless...I'm originally from near Cambridge!! I live in Haverhill, do u know it? About half hour away from Cambs. Im at uni at the mo in Reading but I went to sixth form in cambs...small world!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BTW i agree with your point...i'm sure it won't be a waste of 3 hours and I'll feel pretty smug too! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: