Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Francisco Bosch, the actor listed to play Bagoas
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Other Cast Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Francisco Bosch, the actor listed to play Bagoas Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of Francisco Bosch. He's listed at IMDB as playing Bagoas. I can't find anything about him from Google.

I've enjoyed Mary Renault's "Persian Boy" which is about Bagoas, and I really like him. I'd love to know more about the actor who is playing him in the movie. Smile
dynamo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bagoas being the ennuch who poisoned most of a persian dynasty? He was a bit of a viscious power snatcher now wasn't he? What is there to like about him? I'm just curious.
Sue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that was another Bagoas. Smile

This one is the eunuch who was given to Alexander.

He became Alexander's lover. He was a beautiful young boy (about 15 I believe) when he first met Alexander, and stayed with him to the end.

All this is what I've read in The Persian Boy, by Renault. Of course, there's not much historical stuff about him, but he is mentioned by Plutarch, so it appears he did exist.
dynamo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: My mistake Reply with quote

Sorry. I'm sure that they were the same person though. Oh well.
Countplato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: About Bagoas Reply with quote

Hi Sue,

I'm thrilled that there is someone out there who is as big a fan of "The Persian Boy" as I am. After much research of my own online, like you I couldn't find a thing about the actor playing him; however, I'm excited to hear that Oliver Stone is doing a REAL treatment of the subject. I look forward with baited breath to the movie.

Countplato Very Happy
Countplato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: About Bagoas Reply with quote

Countplato wrote:
Hi Sue,

I'm thrilled that there is someone out there who is as big a fan of "The Persian Boy" as I am. After much research of my own online, like you I couldn't find a thing about the actor playing him; however, I'm excited to hear that Oliver Stone is doing a REAL treatment of the subject. I look forward with baited breath to the movie.

Oh, and by the way "dynamo" - Sue's right. That's a different Bagoas you're talking about. My partner will be posting a quote that will clear up the matter.

Countplato Very Happy
mahesh cummins

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Bagoas Reply with quote

The Bagoas who poisoned Ochos and his sons, was killed by Ochos' successor, Darius III. At that time, the Bagoas who travelled with Alexander was probably around ten or eleven years of age. All before Bagoas was taken to Darius' court. All of this information is in Chapter 1 of "The Persian Boy".
dynamo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thats fine. I have not read Persian Boy but it sounds interesting I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks all.
Countplato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Casting Reply with quote

One more afterthought about casting Bagoas. It's too bad Jaye Davidson is too old for the part. He'd have been perfect!
SandDune

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: The real Francisco Bosch Reply with quote

Hi Sue. I'm also new here so I don't know much yet about how everything works. I was an extra during filming in Morocco and got to know Francisco off the set. I have a good pic that I took of him but unfortunately I cannot figure out how to attach it to this message. I will write the administrator for help and hopefully have it available to you as soon as possible.

I can, for now, tell you what I do know about Francisco Bosch (which is actually not that much since we only hung out together in bar settings). He is originally from Madrid, Spain, and I believe he is in his early twenties. He told me he currently lives in London, England, and he is a skilled ballet dancer. He may even have said something about belonging to some ballet company in London, but I cannot recall exactly. I don’t believe he has previous film experience, and probably got the part largely due to his dancing capabilities and good looks (people say he resembles Keanu Reeves). He said he does a scene in the movie where he performs an intricate and sensual dance for Alexander. He is supposed to be his young “boy” friend and traveling “companion.” Rolling Eyes
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image provided by SandDune of Franciso Bosch:
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Francisco Bosch Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

For Sue et al:

I have information about Francisco Bosch from an English friend who knows him.
SandDune - that is a beautiful picture of him, thanks for that....

He was born in Valencia, Spain and lived in Madrid before going to London to dance with "The English National Ballet Co.".....
He is 21, and 5',10" tall, has green eyes and brown hair and is nicknamed "Fran".

In 'Alexander' Roxanne tries to kill Bagoas becuse of jealousy. He has a very sensual dance number in the picture, that turns ATG on!!!!!!
Hope this helps.
Larry
meshuggahruls

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow really great picture
SandDune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Francisco photo Reply with quote

Hey everybody. I was flipping through my photos again and came to the realization that I took credit for a pic that I did not take. I was present when the above pic of Francisco Bosch was taken, but it was taken by Bacon Luvva, who was also an extra on the set in Essaouira. He shared his pics with me and I had them mixed in with mine. So this credit's for you, BL!
Cynic

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Francisco Bosch Reply with quote

Vecchiolarry wrote:

In 'Alexander' Roxanne tries to kill Bagoas becuse of jealousy. He has a very sensual dance number in the picture, that turns ATG on!!!!!!

Larry, is the info about a jealous Roxane trying to kill Bagoas in the film (as she did in The Persian Boy) privileged data from your English friend, or is it something from an article out there that I missed? I hadn't heard about that particular Renault plot point being in the film before.

Oh, and although I'm a bit late to the party in commenting about the above photo of Señor Bosch, all I can say is...the pictures on his management agency's website don't do him justice.Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Other Cast Members All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: