Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone bought the soundtrack?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Has anyone bought the soundtrack? Reply with quote

Please tell me if you have....
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Alexander Soundtrack Reply with quote

I brought the soundtrack and I enjoy it very much let me know if you need anymore help !! Leonidas here !!
mOoK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think im gonna buy it Rolling Eyes
manos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think is a good soundtrack. The composer is Vagelis Papathanasiou and he is amazing. Most of his works are fantastic. Some of them are C.Colompus the movie, and the official music of NASA's landing on Mars. You may like Stamatis Spanoudakis as well. Is another good greek composer who has composed a work called "Alexander, the tale of the east, the dream of the west".You can hear 2 samples here http://www.stamatisspanoudakis.gr/pub/doc_view/default.asp?doc_id=3&msgId=3&categ=on&tree=99&lang_id=0

where it says with red letters : (mp3 δείγμα)
Savanna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: bought the soundtrack Reply with quote

I listened to samples of each of the tracks here: http://www.alexandersoundtrack.com/ and decided to buy it. As soon as I placed my order I was able to listen to a streaming version of the whole thing via amazon.com and I'm glad I bought it. I have a weird thing for action flick soundtracks though - great for daydreaming... but too distracting to use as background music when you're trying to read, think, or do anything really.

I just recently checked out some *** samples of a musical Greek reading of the Iliad by Ioannidis Nikolaos, and though I don't know anything about Greek music, just comparing the sound of the instrumentation and singing style there with the Vangelis soundtrack I heard some interesting similarities. You can listen to that here: http://homoecumenicus.com/homer_iliad_ioannidis.htm

I've only seen one interview with the composer ***, and the questions were all very vague - he didn't say anything much about how he wrote this soundtrack, and instead of naming any personal influences he said his inspiration is "nature." Guess he's just a gifted do-it-from-scratch artist?
nikola1tesla

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my soundtrack today. I LOVE it!

BUT NOW!!!! OBviously they cut out some kind of hugely beautiful sensual scene from the film!!!!!!! There's a BEAUTIFUL song "Roxanne's Veil" on the soundtrack that wasn't in the movie.

I WANT TO SEE THOSE MISSING SCENES!!! Very Happy
Alec

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

I actually bought the soundtrack as soon as i got out from the movie. I so loved it at first sight that i could stand waiting any longer to buy it!!
And i didn't regret it, the music's wonderful, peaceful too (kinda) and it's Alexander at home !!! Laughing (friend's of awaken dreams, come on, buy it now, and Colin will be in your bed Wink )

Alec
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(friend's of awaken dreams, come on, buy it now, and Colin will be in your bed )

Steady on Alec, my head might explode if you suggest things like that Wink
halfaery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder why i didn´t buy it earlier... well, now i have it and i can´t help thinking the same:

Quote:
BUT NOW!!!! OBviously they cut out some kind of hugely beautiful sensual scene from the film!!!!!!! There's a BEAUTIFUL song "Roxanne's Veil" on the soundtrack that wasn't in the movie.

I WANT TO SEE THOSE MISSING SCENES!!!

however, i think that scene was that famous scene about Alexander and Bagoas together, you know, THAT scene! And Roxane was just spying them behind curtains or veils... Laughing
Hephaestion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy Alexander soundtrack immediatly if I saw it in a store. Unfortunately I haven't found it here in Finland! Usually record stores are full of many sountracks that I've never heard about but then there isn't Alexander soundtrack... Then I turned to baddie and got the whole album from Internet.

Now I've been listening the album for a couple of months and I haven't get bored. I love it! I played it to my friend, too, and she also likes it. I love to play Across the Mountains with my violin.
Vangelis is a virtuoso Smile

If I see soundtrack in a store I will buy it. I prefer original CDs.
halfaery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd buy Alexander soundtrack immediatly if I saw it in a store. Unfortunately I haven't found it here in Finland!

Me neither... Crying or Very sad ... I guess it was on sale in last autumn and now it´s sold off!! Laughing Order it through net, like I did. I´ll give you an address of the best and fastest webshop for it via PM.
Hefestion19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it here in Spain, but I'm student and I have spent much money going to the cinema 3 times Smile

So, I downloaded it (sorry), but I couldn't wait more time to listen it... there are very good songs as "Titans", "Across the mountains", "Dream of Babylon".... Is a great soundtrack that only Vangelis could make so well as it is.
joanna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the CD some days ago.It's so beaytiful!I'm listening to it right now (again!).I love it ,especially the pieces n.2,3,4,9,13 and 17 above all.It' really worth buying it,believe me.Grande Vangelis!Bravo!!!
mOoK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone was juz askin bout the MP3 of it ( Say Hello )n he said he's poor so he cant afford da reel one .... duznt make any sense duz it... Sad
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love "One morning at Pella" is one of my favorites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: