Joined: 30 Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
|Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:18 am Post subject: Rules and Regulations
|This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at http://forum.alexander-the-great.co.uk. Please read it and become familiar with it.
- Forum rules
- The Forum is for information exchange only. Commercial postings are not allowed.
- Posting of sites which are in direct competition with this board are not allowed.
- Do not cross-post your posting, which involves posting the same message in multiple forums.
- No "bump" postings are allowed, which bring a posting to the top of the thread list. If a posting did not receive a reply, post it again (in the same thread) with more detailed information.
- Alexander-the-Great.co.uk is not liable or responsible for any content posted by its users to the Forum (the "Content"). The contribution of the users do not represent the view or opinions of Alexander-the-Great.co.uk.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning or banned.
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or ban.
- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a Moderator. Only do this if a moderator has not replied within 6 hours. Members who consistenly "act" as moderators may be warned or banned.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting porn or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or ban.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on ***, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permision will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline ([img][/img]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned or banned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
- Posts made purely to advertise a website or to promote a commercial product are strictly forbidden and will be removed immediately. Advertisers should contact the board admin for details and costs for advertising.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revokation of private messaging.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6KB in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text.
- Text sizes should be between 9 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, ***, emoticons, etc.
- Links are permitted in signatures. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned.
- Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 100 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimiking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 6KB in filesize and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, etc.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.