Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jared Leto
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Jared Leto Reply with quote

OMG Jared has no posts Shocked
Oliver took months to find someone beautiful enough to play Hephaestion..
He interviewed over 100 people in Ireland alone, and chose Jared over all of them.
Good choice Oliver, You're a true visionary. Very Happy
Sufi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Jared Leto Reply with quote

zoe wrote:
OMG Jared has no posts Shocked
Oliver took months to find someone beautiful enough to play Hephaestion..
He interviewed over 100 people in Ireland alone, and chose Jared over all of them.
Good choice Oliver, You're a true visionary. Very Happy

I suspect Colin had a say in it too.
telfour

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: total agreement, Zoe Reply with quote

I've been waiting to see who was cast in both of the Alexander movies. I heard about the Luhrman project before the Stone project and it seemed to be moving faster or at least getting more press. I checked out Colin's movie's as soon as I heard he had gotten Alexander. But I wasn't hearing anything about Hephaestion and being Greek, I was really interested in who they were going to get to play him. I had seen Leto in Requiem for a Dream and had checked out all his movies about a year and a half ago.

He was my pick and then I heard they were talking with him and was really pleased when they cast him. Like you, I can't imagine them finding anyone else beautiful enough to play Hephaestion. I went to a couple of 30 Seconds to Mars concerts and saw him up close in person. He is truly that beautiful. It isn't just lights and make-up.

And Sufi, you may be right. I read an article (so the accuracity rating is up to you) that said Colin had told Stone if he had to kiss a man, he wanted to choose him and he chose Leto. Good choices on both Stone's and Colin's part.

The only problem now is waiting for the movie to get released.
Sufi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've met him too and I was pretty surprised ... most people don't actually look that good when they're out of 'makeup.' But he must eat well or something (well, he doesn't drink anyway). He could easily pass for mid-twenties.

I can see why Colin would pick him too. He can be attractive to even straight men, easily. Up close it's pretty distracting. He has a lot of charisma and he's a really nice person. I'm glad he got the role; he really wanted it.
lixxie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

I'm glad he got the role too.. he hasn't acted in anything for a while, and while I like his music they never tour by where I live, so it's nice to see him again! Very Happy I think he definitely fits the part, too.
telfour

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:53 am    Post subject: Sounds like you've Reply with quote

actually talked with Leto. Nice to know he wanted the role, so maybe he hasn't decided to quit acting.

I noticed him when I saw Requiem for a Dream. His talent blew me away, do I did an internet search to find out what else he had been in and hit the video stores. That's how I found out about 30STM and of course he stopped acting to tour. It's nice to know he hasn't given up one art form for another. If his visual art is as good as his acting and music, I'd love to see some of it.

He does look younger than his years. I've seen him in several things now where he's older than some of his co-stars and looks as young, if not younger than them. Yeah, he obviously eats right, exercises right, and lives right (doing what he wants and likes/loves to do.) The man seems to be as smart as he is handsome. Hermes obviously was smiling on him.
slooo1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Oregon connection Reply with quote

I have not had the pleasure of ever meeting or seeing or listening to Mr. Leto. I have had the pleasure of watching him in a little movie a few years back about Prefontaine - the famous Oregonian track star. The film only played a few days (it was gone by Monday) at a multiplex in Kennesaw Georgia (where I used to live before moving to Oregon). I was completely blown away. His performance was simply amazing. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out!

I love that the film-makers are finally going to address the bisexual aspect of Alexander's personality. I wonder, are they doing the scene where Alexander is so upset by his great love's death he builds a funeral pyre with the Gross National Product of like half his kingdom going up in smoke?

On another note, I've met Paul Walker at the time he did that Freddie Prinz movie - and let me tell you: You'd walk right by him in the mall to check out the really cute guys. Nice fellow, just really plain looking.
blueyedchik79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooooomgsh! now i know who he is! jared was in girl, interrupted!! oook i had to play the kevin bacon game through angelina jolie to find out who he was! lol!
Sufi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I don't believe that of Paul Walker... he's got great eyes.

And Prefontaine was an excellent film. I just wish the DVD had extras on it.
slooo1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Paul Ain't Ugly - But Reply with quote

But Mr. Walker's really sort of plain. Honest and true. Those eyes, which I admit are amazing on film, are a product of careful make-up and key lighting.

I don't wish to burst anyone's bubble here, but most actors are not much to look at without lighting and make-up.

I used to model, and I'll tell you honestly, most MODELS aren't much without a little "help". Myself included.

I was also a modern dancer, and without the stage make-up and WITH clothing on most guys never had a clue the guy they were talking about as being "so hot" was sitting right beside them.

I wouldn't bother them with the truth because they only wanted the outside of me, so they didn't get any more consideration. If you love Mr. Leto because of the person he is, and not just for his looks, then you deserve to know how amazing it is that he looks great in person.

A great example of what I'm talking about would be Clay Aiken with and without hair/make-up.

I rest my case.
blueyedchik79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelina is the complete opposite of what your talkin about- she ooks beeter w/o makeup. and don't diss clay, man!! Very Happy
blueyedchik79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueyedchik79 wrote:
Angelina is the complete opposite of what your talkin about- she ooks beeter w/o makeup. and don't diss clay, man!! Very Happy

*looks
*better
slooo1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: No diss intended implied or intended. Reply with quote

Clay was cute with the curly red hair and the glasses and the utter lack of make-up. He also had a set of pipes that set him apart.

My intention was to show how much a good stylist can do with some people (though I imagine NOTHING will ever rival Angelina's unfettered look). Have you seen any previews or press on MONSTER? Her new flick where she plays the first woman to be executed for being a serial killer?

WOW!

Thanks for caring enough to post. I enjoy these things. But I suppose I should actually get back to my book. Writing doesn't do itself.

-J Smile
blueyedchik79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand...no I haven't even heard of the movie your talking about! dude it's gonna be sad havin to see her be executed..ugh but she so good at being bad!
blueyedchik79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i looked up the movie you were talking about- and its Charlize Theron thats playing the serial killer, not angie! oh well! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: