Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jared Leto
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slooo1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: M'I badd? Reply with quote

Whoa, you're right! A friend of mine showed me the picture out of a mag and said it was Mrs. Billie Bob. He must be confused.

Then I pass the confusion on without checking.

Not bright.

Aside from Gia, what other AJ movies can you suggest? (Just don't tell me to watch Girl Interupted, I can't sit through any movie with what's her name shoplifter unless she's killed before the thing is over. I hate her so much I can't even think of her name. She poisins everything. Ugh!)

And do you know any good Leto flicks? Was he any good in Requium for a Dream? I borrowed that from the library, but never actually watched it.

-J
blueyedchik79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMGSH! that was the funniest thing i have read in forever!! her name is winona ryder lol! but it was a good movie.
She's good in Hackers and definitley Tomb Raider...I liked Life or Something Like it- you really see a new side of her. Its hard to watch Life or Something Like it and know that she does so many good things for the UNHCR. She's such a great actress. Oh! and gone in 60 secs is good.
Jared Leto is good in Prefontaine. He was in Girl, Interrupted too. He gets it on with Winona Ryder. its almost worth seeing it because of him. And i don't know- winona ryder is a good actress but as a person.. Rolling Eyes
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slooo1, if you check out the bio pages you'll see what films they've been in. Can't say I've watched many though so can't recommend what is good and what isn't.

Angelina films: http://www.alexander-the-great.co.uk/angelina_jolie.htm
Jared Films: http://www.alexander-the-great.co.uk/jared_leto.htm
Sufi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are we talking about AJ and WR in Jared's forum? LOL

Anyway...

Charisma has a lot to do with it (if people are 'as attractive' in person as they are on the screen). I find drop-dead model gorgeous people with no personality absolutely bland (re: Paris Hilton). Average looking people who have great presence are extremely attractive. Then when you combine really good looks with a fantastic personality, those people stand out (perhaps) more than others.

As for Jared's films, I'd recommend:

Requiem For A Dream
Prefontaine
Highway
The Last of the High Kings (or, US title "Summer Fling")

Get ye to Blockbuster.
Cole

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoe.. If anyone could get a convo on Jared going .. It would be you! Razz Im really exiting about seeing Jared's work in this movie .. Yes he is beautiful and I think he will be a perfect fit! Smile
blueyedchik79

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, as actresses judge their work. and what is so bad about angelina?
i dont like winona because she is not that great of an actress in my opinion and really, what was the point of the shoplifting fiasco?
blueyedchik79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what i meant
Chopin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Jared Leto films Reply with quote

Jared Leto was in several fairly recent films where you would not recognize him. He totally transformed himself for the roles. One was "Fight Club" (with Brad Pitt) and another was that Jody Foster movie about the woman who locks herself into a room in the center of her house when thieves break in (I forgot the name). He made himself UGLY for both roles, which I thought was great since he is so beautiful. Kind of like a male Charlize Theron.

He was also on the TV series "My So-Called Life," a great little show, in which he played the high school's Ultimate Stud whom everyone drooled after. He was PERFECT for that role. It's a classic.

If I were Jared I'd be mad as a hornet now because the movie trailer gives the names Colin Farrell, Angelina Jolie and Anthony Hopkins... no one else. I have to imagine that Alexander would be a TAD perturbed that the man who played Hephaistion, whom he clearly loved above ALL else, does not rate a mention in the trailer credits. The trailer calls Alexander a "lover" and then shows Alexander with a WOMAN. That, too, might just inspire Alexander to attack and pillage homophobic, easily-intimidated, un-courageous Hollywood.
Rhemy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Jared Leto films Reply with quote

Chopin wrote:
Jared Leto was in several fairly recent films where you would not recognize him. He totally transformed himself for the roles. One was "Fight Club" (with Brad Pitt)

that would be Angel Face (the guy who looks like Oompa Loompa)

Chopin wrote:
and another was that Jody Foster movie about the woman who locks herself into a room in the center of her house when thieves break in (I forgot the name). He made himself UGLY for both roles, which I thought was great since he is so beautiful.

and that would be Junior in Panic Room

perhaps this movie could be his breaker
Rhemy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Jared Leto films Reply with quote

Chopin wrote:

The trailer calls Alexander a "lover" and then shows Alexander with a WOMAN. That, too, might just inspire Alexander to attack and pillage homophobic, easily-intimidated, un-courageous Hollywood.

to tell you the truth, and from what i've seen on movie sets, there are a lot of 'feminate men' on movie sets.

personally, i tend to shy away from that subject, but i tell you that these homos do a very good job on movie sets. I was an extra many a time , and seen the costume & hair departments are very hard working (no breaks because they dont really stick up for themselves and because they are perfectionists by nature)

credit given but please , enougfh of this;
Rhemy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and his next film will be

Lord of War

casted along with:

Ethan Hawke
Monica Bellucci
Nicolas Cage
Jared Leto
Bridget Moynahan
Donald Sutherland
Jeffrey Wright

The plot is Nicholas Cage starring as an arms dealer being chased by interpol.......
dynamo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monica Bellucci
Nicolas Cage

very nice
xXxThalestrisxXx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Oh Zeus! Reply with quote

Ethan Hawke? Nicholas Cage? Gimme a break. My big toe could act better than those two--well better than Nicholas Cage anyway. Twisted Evil
Monica Bellucci, that's some talent, Jared Leto, too (from what I've seen the kid in).

Anybody know what Lord of War is about?
dynamo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cage is an awesome actor. And I would like to meet your big toe if it can act better than him.

City of Angels and The Rock / Conair are examples of his diverse acting and he does act well in them.
xXxThalestrisxXx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: It's official--I'm insane Reply with quote

In all honesty, I loved the movie 'The Rock', but Nicholas Cage is the same person in every movie to me. He can't really change all that much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: