Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Athens 2004 Olympic Games
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Athens 2004 Olympic Games Reply with quote

Hi people!

67 days and counting! Very Happy Not too long to go till the olympic games return to their roots! Watching the news today it was amazing to me that the Olympic flame is presently in Southeast Asia (Japan in fact!). Just thought that whoever thought of sending the Olympic flame on a global journey deserves a huge bouquet! Great idea! There aren't many gestures today that aim to unite people in peace.

According to the following site, "You can follow the Olympic flame on its journey around the World, which will last 36 days and will pass through 34 cities, uniting all five continents for the first time!" So check out this site to see if the Olympic flame comes to your city!!!! Smile

http://www.athens2004.com/athens2004/
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Athens Olympics Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
I certainly hope everything goes well for Athens, The Olympics and Greece.
The people deserve to have a wonderful triumph - the athletes and the Greek people - something everybody can be proud of!!!! Very Happy
Larry
dynamo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it be ready in time??
Xenos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dynamo wrote:
Will it be ready in time??

All the outstanding projects are more than 95% complete. Don't you watch the news? Smile
dynamo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope. I heard that it was almost ready but then a wk later that it was npot ready at all.

Anyway it's not really on in England if it is all going to plan "no news is good news" and all that. But you can never be sure.
bazil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just days away until August 13th for the Olympics. First, there was the movie, TROY. Then, Greece wins the EuroCup 2004. Now, we'll be hosting the Olympics in its birthplace. Soon, on November 5th, comes ALEXANDER.

2004 is the year of Greece.
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the news today, only half the tickets for the entire games have been sold. Apparently the opening and closing ceremonies are sold out but everything else is struggling. Confused
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Good Luck Greece... Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
I think people are afraid that terrorists are going to target Greece. There's a massive alert here in North America and especially New York City about an impending attack.
I have friends going to the Olympics from Las Vegas and then on an Island cruise, so I can only say "Good Luck Greece". I hope everything goes very well.
Larry
Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone and here's to a successful and safe Athens 2004! Just thought I'd share this news flash from the official site of the Athens 2004 Olympics addressing the ticket issues. There's also some good information for those wanting to buy tickets. See you there!

Ticket demand for the Olympic Games is growing daily
Athens, 1 August 2004

The ticket demand for the Olympic Games has been growing strikingly. Within the last week more than 80,000 tickets were sold, compared to the average of 4,000 tickets sold daily during the month of June.

As scheduled, starting tomorrow, there will be two additional Box Offices in two much-frequented places in Athens, in order to facilitate ticket sales to the public.

These will operate as from tomorrow morning:

at Korai Square (pedestrian precinct) on Stadiou St.
at Kostalias Square, next to Maroussi ISAP station.
There are also Box Offices already operating at

the Panathinaiko Stadium (Kallimarmaro)
ATHENS 2004 Headquarters (Iolkou & Filikis Eterias, Nea Iionia, entrance from Panagouli St.)
Thessaloniki, Aristotelous Square
Volos, Agiou Nikolaou Square
Patras, Trion Symmachon Square
Heraklio, Eleftherias Square
All these booths will operate from Monday to Saturday from 10:00 to 22:00pm and on Sunday from 12:00 to 07:00.

Olympic Games tickets are also sold:

in 110 selected Alpha Bank branches
through the Official Tickets Website www.athens2004.com/tickets
We remind you that starting tomorrow, at 09:00, all ticket booths will sell 2,150 additional tickets (of all price categories) for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, and the Athletics events. These supplementary seats have arisen from reordering of the tiers in the Olympic Stadium.

Please note that the ticket purchase is in real time, first come first served, and subject to availability. As ticket sale is online and availability is constantly changing, relevant information will be available at the ticket sales locations.

For more information about Tickets:

contact the Ticketing Call Centre: 800 11 2004 2 (free of charge from within Greece) and +30 210 373 0000 (charge for calls made by cellphone and from abroad)
send an e-mail to: supportel@tickets.athens2004.com
MACEDONIC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

58.000 tickets sold in a single day and each day the record increases.. Wink People stand in line for almost 2 hours in central box offices to buy tickets!!!!!!!

I hope i still have time to buy 2-3 tickets for the wrestling....(a friend of mine is taking part....)
MACEDONIC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People fasten ur seatbelts!!!!! The best Olympic Games until now r about to begin....
Greece's spirit and atmosphere, the Ghosts of the past, the Ancient Gods of Olympus are rising again.It is going to b unique.Lucky those who have the fortune to participate and fight for the trophies in the Games birthplace.

I strongly suggest u watch the opening ceremony.....it's going to b AWESOME Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Trust me.... Wink
MACEDONIC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

80000 !!!!!!!!!!!! tickets yesterday.....Let's if this one will b broken...?
MACEDONIC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Let's see"....etc... my mistake.
Lala

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say about our Olympics is that I am going to be sad when they are over! Everything feels like a masive PARTY (within the borders of the stadiums and outside, in every city & town of this country) is about to begin AGAIN! ...and it's exciting! (...At least for us and the ones that trust us)
ENJOY!!!!
bazil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow is the opening of the Olympics. Awesome for Greece and the rest of the world. Greece, in olympic soccer, tied 2-2 with South korea. Not bad, considering they were down 2-0. But, hopefully, they'll do better against Mali and Mexico.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: