Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colin's hair
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Message Reply with quote

Magika,
Thanks for the private message. It is interesting that this has ended up in Istanbul, when it should be in Alexandria.
But, I guess it's just like the Elgin Marbles in the British Museum, which should still be in Greece........
Anyway, it's very beautiful. The artisans of the Ancient World were far greater and more talented than we today with our computerized art and sculpture. Some of the things they created are glorious.
My best regards to you, Magika, and take care.
Larry
Surprised Wink
asianlion7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: BLOND HAIR CUZ IF IT AIN'T WHITE IT AIN'T RIGHT Reply with quote

Why the hell does the whole world try and homogenize all races into some kind of illusion that everybody important is white with blond hair?

Brad Pitt in the Illiad was a joke with his blond hair. Greeks don't have blond hair and never have, sometimes they have auburn hair.

I've seen so many pictures of Jesus as a blond hair Italian. The real Jews are supposed to look like arabs with the same complexion. Moses passed for an egyptian. The majority of Ashkenazi Jews in Isreal are not Jews at all but Scythian/Khazars pagans that converted to a religion.

In the encyclopedia they show Attilla the hun as some kind of white dude. People in Europe must really hate the idea that they are related to Mongols because they are whether they like it or not.

NOW WITH THIS ALEXANDER BLOND HAIR ****. Is there no end to this stupid cycle?
Lala

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: BLOND HAIR CUZ IF IT AIN'T WHITE IT AIN'T RIGHT Reply with quote

asianlion7 wrote:
In the encyclopedia they show Attilla the hun as some kind of white dude. People in Europe must really hate the idea that they are related to Mongols because they are whether they like it or not.
Shocked Confused Relax! Not all Europeans are related to Mongols!! It's like saying that modern Persians are related to Greeks because Alexander had his troops marrying Persian women... I don't think so! Rolling Eyes

But yes, neither Jesus nor Alexander had blond hair.
xXxThalestrisxXx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: I'm with Lala Reply with quote

But I swear Neanderthal blood is running rampid in my family--either that or Mongolian. We don't have almond shaped eyes (mine are incredibly large by the way), but we all have really high cheekbones, extremely dense bone mass, and we are built stocky and strong (my one uncle was way tall and bult really wide, tho). We're from Northern Italy (go Etruscans!) so that could explain it, but seriously, I'm built completely different from my mother's family or basically everyone else I know except for the people on my father's side.
vickie1ok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Sorry for the late reply....but Reply with quote

since we haven't seen decent shots of Farrell until the past few months...sue me but I love his goldielocks. I love the latest poster. I'm not a groupie, to be sure. I'm too old for that. But I think Colin looks awesome in his blond streaks. More importantly, I think the blond helps to make him look younger.

Now for those of you purists who say Greeks or Macedonians don't have blond hair, you may be correct. I can't think of any off the top of my head. But some have said he had fair hair and gray eyes. There was this post from the net which allegedly translates Plutarch's version of Alexander:

"The statues that gave the best representation of Alexander's person, were those of Lysippus, (by whom alone he would suffer his image to be made,) those peculiarities which many of his successors afterwards and his friends used to affect to imitate, the inclination of his head a little on one side towards his left shoulder, and his melting eye, having been expressed by this artist with great exactness. But Apelles, who drew him with thunderbolts in his hand, made his complexion browner and darker than it was naturally; for he was fair and of a light color, passing into ruddiness in his face and upon his breast. "

Now, if I had a time machine, I would love to go back to the time of Alexander, as would all of you and indeed Mr. Stone. But we don't, so we have to use our imaginations and what little recorded history exists.

However, I think most reasonable people can agree that we are less concerned with the actual color of Alexander's hair than we are about our intrigue with the man.

No film about Alexander will be historically correct. It is not possible. Hell, we can't even agree about "historical" correctness of current living humans. However, I look forward to this film to inspire me about his legend.
Panther

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Achilles is described in homer with blonde hair. Also Rameses the Great died his hair blonde (as evidenced by his mummy) yet he was of Afro-Hamitic stock.

Also, blonde is a recessive gene than can sometime appear in races who's natural features are to be dark.
zipporah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read a few things which said Alexander was blond ... I assume they have some evidence for it otherwise why go to the hassle of making him blond when everyone assumes Greeks are dark anyway? I haven't decided whether I like (in the 'like' sense of the word Wink) Colin but I think he looks cute in the blond hair, apart from when it's *really* long and he looks a bit silly. I have a long hair fetish in general though ... I've seen some pics of Colin with a shaved head ... ewww. Why do men do this?
maryp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've seen some pics of Colin with a shaved head ... ewww. Why do men do this?

He's had his head shaved twice.. once when he bleached his hair and hated it.. then again more recently for his role as "Bullseye" in "Daredevil". Look for the shaved head again since he is reprising that role in "Elecktra".

Right now Colin's hair is very long and dark for his role as John Smith in "Pochahantas". He recently had it shorter with a bushy moustache for "Ask the Dust".

Colin will change his appearance for any role Wink[/list]
emperor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Alexander Reply with quote

ОКЛИКАТЬ
АЛЕКСАНДР НЕT БЛОНДИНКА, Без перевода?
Hello.
Alexander wasnt blonde, he was a greek and all the greeks are dark haired, you got it?
>Anton
Rachel25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The majority of Greeks are dark haired now, 2 300 years later, after much intermixing with other groups. It's alittle presumtuous to say all. I was just at a gathering two weeks ago with the blondest greeks I've ever met. And no it wasn't all dye, there kids were blonde too.

It's just as likely that Alexander was fair if they say he is. But not everyone has the same definition of fair. I don't think they should have gone THAT fair on Colin Farrell.
maryp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello.
Alexander wasnt blonde, he was a greek and all the greeks are dark haired, you got it?

I saw an awful lot of blonde greeks on the Olympic coverage this year!
And if I'm not mistaken..there have been people on here telling everyone about the number of "fair" greeks.

And btw.. I recently saw a couple of new close up shots of Colin from the movie.. (I can't link to them because they are not on my web space) ..
anyway..he looks very hot in these photos.. very natural.. not "fake blond" at all. I hope that's how he looks in most of the film. I will admit I've seen a couple of photos where I thought he looked alittle "ken doll like".. but not in these last two that I saw! Smile
nikola1tesla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Alexander Reply with quote

emperor wrote:
ОКЛИКАТЬ
Hello.
>Anton

Yeah... see that's what I thought too. There's this complicated ongoing discussion on imdb about whether he was Slavic (modern Macedonian Aryan) vs Mediteranean (ancient Macedonian/Greek). That is in no way my field of expertise-- I'm pretty mystified. I kind of thought if he truly were fair haired and fair skinned rather than olive complected with dark hair-- well then why wouldn't he be Slavic? The Greeks quickly put me in my place on that board & said they absolutely have blondes in their genetic background--- Achilles himself waaaaaaay back in the day was blonde. I haven't brushed up on Homer in a long long time, so I'm taking their word for it. I met a guy recently from Thessoloniki who is as fair as an Albino & blonde as butter, & his family has been Greek for generations all the way back as far as hundred of years of family records go. So-- there goes another generalization out the window for me.
Petra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Alexander Reply with quote

nikola1tesla wrote:
emperor wrote:
ОКЛИКАТЬ
Hello.
>Anton

Yeah... see that's what I thought too. There's this complicated ongoing discussion on imdb about whether he was Slavic (modern Macedonian Aryan) vs Mediteranean (ancient Macedonian/Greek). That is in no way my field of expertise-- I'm pretty mystified. I kind of thought if he truly were fair haired and fair skinned rather than olive complected with dark hair-- well then why wouldn't he be Slavic? The Greeks quickly put me in my place on that board & said they absolutely have blondes in their genetic background--- Achilles himself waaaaaaay back in the day was blonde. I haven't brushed up on Homer in a long long time, so I'm taking their word for it. I met a guy recently from Thessoloniki who is as fair as an Albino & blonde as butter, & his family has been Greek for generations all the way back as far as hundred of years of family records go. So-- there goes another generalization out the window for me.

It agree. Alexander the Great was light. But light hair, it does not mean yellow color. It(he) could have more dark shade. Or to have hair color ashes. Smoky light! It is very beautiful!
Petra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Alexander Reply with quote

It agree. Alexander the Great was light. But light hair, it does not mean yellow color. It(he) could have more dark shade. Or to have hair color ashes. Smoky light! It is very beautiful!
tintin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Alexander Reply with quote

emperor wrote:
ОКЛИКАТЬ
Hello.
>Anton

How do you know that ALL "the greeks (sic) are dark haired?" Have you met ALL of them? That's a dumb statement if I ever heard one...Obviously, you must have never taken Biology 101, where the basic facts of genetics are taught.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: