Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK release date?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jenna Corinth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: UK release date? Reply with quote

Kevin, you seem to be a man somewhat in the know about the 'behind the scenes' goings on with this film. Do you have any idea when 'Alexander' will be released in the UK?

I honestly don't understand why the WB would hold off on releasing it here at the same time as the US, aren't they worried about piracy? If Alexander isn't going to be released here until December or (god forbid) January, do you know the nearest country with a November release date? (I heard Ireland, but I've no way to know if that's true or not).

Please help someone, I'm going mad here
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Delayed Dates in UK???? Reply with quote

Hi,
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why a film made in the UK would not be released on the same day as the States..... It's unbelievable and discriminatory, too.
Protest, protest, protest...... Confused
Larry
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the assumption that the announced release date is not a UK or global release date? Has anyone actually said that 5th November is a US release date only?

I honestly don't know as of yet whether the UK date will be different but I will let you know as soon as I know.
Jenna Corinth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, thank you.

I wasn't meaning that I know something you don't, but I'd heard that imdb and a bbc movie site were giving a release date of December 24th, which seems like utter madness to me.

As far as I know the UK release date hasn't yet been announced, but this "info" just made me a bit twitchy, that's all. I've certainly got everything crossed that we will see this film on November 5th.
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenna Corinth wrote:
I wasn't meaning that I know something you don't
You may well do, you credit me with too much. I do have contacts but I don't always know the information that people think I do. My question was genuine, what is the reason for the date beeing assumed to be the US release date? I was unaware that IMDB had mentioned a different UK date. I will see what I can find out and let you know.
Child of a Dream

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kevin, if u are not too busy... would u tell me, when u know it, when would the movie be released here, in Spain??

Thank u very much for ur work Wink
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin & Everyone,

This is my first post on this board. I have been on this board many times, but finally decided to post a little something.

I just wanted to say to Kevin that I really like your site. What I am impressed with is the layout and the manner in which you administrate this forum. It really is impressive. Are you going to be doing any other films after Alexander?

I am a member over on the Dreamworks Gladiator fan site (dreamworksfansite.com/gladbb) and we have a forum for all of the Alexander nuts, who can't wait for the movie, as well (I am not making an endorsement, I am just mentioning it). Your forum has been a source for news, which has been great.

About the release date...for the UK (I am from the US) I have seen December 24th & January 7th. But like all of you, I don't think these dates are quite right. I hope when the official site is up and running we will know more.

You all seem like I nice group, here. Thanks for letting me drop by and say, "hi".

Dara Smile
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vecchiolarry,

We are all hopeful that the film opens in the UK on November 5th. It would be sad if it didn't. Since you are from Canada, did you know you are getting it on the 5th, as well? At least from what I have seen. But I think most films that open that open in the US open in Canada around the same time.

Dara:)
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdiemom94 wrote:
vecchiolarry,

We are all hopeful that the film opens in the UK on November 5th. It would be sad if it didn't. Since you are from Canada, did you know you are getting it on the 5th, as well? At least from what I have seen. But I think most films that open that open in the US open in Canada around the same time.

birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the above. I was just experimenting a bit abd posted a quote by mistake.

Please excuse me.

Dara Smile
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliment Dara and glad you finally posted Smile
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. Keep up the good work you have done, here!

Julian2004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Release date for Germany according to Warner Germany ist 18th November 2004.

Guess that means that the UK release date will be mostly the same.
Jenna Corinth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, are you still none the wiser about the UK release date?

I checked Warner brothers American site and they have Alexander listed in their 'coming soon' list, whereas the Warner UK site doesn't. I think we can safely assume that the UK ain't getting this film in November.

Julian, if I wanted to go over to Germany to see Alexander there, would it be dubbed or subtitled?
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked Warner Bros but am still waiting for a response. If/when I get one I'll let you know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: