Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hotttttt!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jonathan Rhys-Meyers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Jonathan Rhys Meyers Reply with quote

Wish it worded like that Catherine but once a film is done thats it most contact broken except for publicity + Johnny was not too happy at his part being edited down to what you saw in the finished film although he does not regret having had the opportunity to work with Oliver. JRM is in the States at the moment working on "Elvis" with CBS, this is the first thing to be shot since Pricilla and Lisa Marie Presley sold the rights to Elvis;s estate so it could be a "no holds barred" production and a great chance for Johnny.
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's playing Elvis?
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame, Cassander's Mum. You can tell I'm an idealist, hoping to find a magic way to contact Oliver Stone.Sad

Good luck to your 'son'. I think he looked much happier and healthier in 'Alexander'. He looked so pale and thin in 'Bend it Like Beckham', I was worried he would fall over at any minute. Laughing
galatasaray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought he looked mighty fine in bend it like beckham Laughing Laughing
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Elvis Reply with quote

Yes He is playing Elvis and although at first I laughed having seen shots of him in costume he looks good and he will be doing his own singing too.
Catherine, can you remember the shool scene in the movie which had my real son in it?
galatasaray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*puts hand up* ooh me me, i do, i remember Very Happy
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: well done Reply with quote

Go to the top of the class! He was the only kid with long hair! all his own!!I feel like an OAP on this board as I get the impression you lot are all young, well, below 30!!!!!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, I'm 36 [going on 20] Smile I think I'm getting younger as the years pass- or maybe I just care less what people think of me.
galatasaray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catherine when i first saw your posts on this board then saw how old you were i was shocked, lol, cause i feel as tho you (and many others on this board i noticed) are on the exact same wavelength as me.... how old are you cassander's mum? wow this is so cool i can imagine the young cassander in the film in my head and im talkin (well writing) to his mum!! sorry, please dont think im strange for getin excited, hehe! but it is so cool!!
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have not been here in awhile (a bit too busy over at the Dreamworks Alexander forum). I hope all of you have been well.

Hi, cassander's mom! I am a bit confused about something. You are Morgan Christopher Farris' mother, correct? It sounded like some thought you were Jonathan Rhys-Meyers mother. Maybe I read that wrong.

I read in an article recently that JRM did Alexander because he wanted to work with Oliver Stone. I guess it was true that he wasn't happy a few of his scenes were cut. But I also heard that he and Stone had a tumultuous relationship on set. They had words a few times and JRM even threw a shield at Stone, on one occasion. It seems JRM is a bit on the intense side. Jonathan recently took a swipe at the film, too, in a statement he made.

Is this true, do you know? I hope it's not. It sounds like he can be a tough cookie, sometimes.

Dara:)
galatasaray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i would not have expected that off JRM!! cant believe some of his scenes were cut hope theyre in a deleted scenes section of the dvd or sumin i wana see more of him with preti long hair, and those eyes!! so mesmerisin!! i dont kno if im wrong but i always assumed cassanders mum to be the mother of the boy who played young cassander. im right, right? Very Happy
lardvaark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: O. Stone's Mum Reply with quote

Blimey, I only just noticed where this thread was going. Nice one Cassander's Mum. Catherine X and myself (together with Cindoo15) have a sort of do-or-die pact to tell people involved with the film how bloody brilliant we think it is. And how desperate we are for the DVD not to get cut. It's just possible that you might have picked up on this.

The reason we mention it is that while we understand most of them aren't in regular contact, anyone involved directly would swing a bit more weight as regards message-relaying than us. Or we just wait for Mrs Stone to show up on here.

Heh. I got a hug from Cassander's Mum.

L
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the "do-or-die" pact too and also desperate for the DVD not to get cut. Smile
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

catherine when i first saw your posts on this board then saw how old you were i was shocked,

Well actually I was a bit embarassed to be getting like this at my age and I thought how everyone here must be younger than me, but I know 2 people who are around the same age as me on this board. It just shows how Alexander appeals to all age groups and is a generally brilliant film. Anyway, I was far too serious and unhappy til I was 25, its about time I had some fun and was silly and girly Laughing
galatasaray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well actually I was a bit embarassed to be getting like this at my age

you shouldnt be, bein fun keeps you younger and its much better than bein borin Wink hehe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jonathan Rhys-Meyers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: