Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hotttttt!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jonathan Rhys-Meyers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halfaery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I read in an article recently that JRM did Alexander because he wanted to work with Oliver Stone. I guess it was true that he wasn't happy a few of his scenes were cut. But I also heard that he and Stone had a tumultuous relationship on set. They had words a few times and JRM even threw a shield at Stone, on one occasion. It seems JRM is a bit on the intense side. Jonathan recently took a swipe at the film, too, in a statement he made.

Cool Ah, what a star! Really, pls donĀ“t get me wrong, I do admire him! I think any actor would be angry if his scenes were cut.
I wonder: did any of those cut scenes include that short dialogue between Alex and Cassander when they arrived the harem and Cassander says: As long as we share not the one I like, Alexander.
lardvaark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's to be ashamed of, CX? I think I also had an epiphany on reaching the big two-five. And I know far too many boring people anyway, we're a good breed.

Oh yeah, and nice one, Adriv.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Galatasaray and Lardvark. I find that as I work with students all the time [aged 16-19] I either feel incredibly old because they won't speak to me, or I feel like I'm as young as them because they treat me like I'm their age. I still can't imagine how I got to 36 though, I'm sillier than I was at 20 Laughing
galatasaray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you sound alot more fun than some 20 year olds i know Smile youre great id love to meet ya! hey can you imagine all us alexander nutters in the same room (in person not on a forum!) that would be amusing!! i was searchin for pics on the net on my fone las nite (as you do Laughing) ive got a nice one of jonathan as my fone screensaver so thought id search for our colin, was not impressed to get loadsa britney pics! i mean if id wanted britney i woulda searched for her! Mad but i did find a nice one of colin in ithe end as my wallpaper.... so preti! Cool
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are only a bambino Catherine. wait till you are as old as me!!!!!!!
lardvaark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Galatasaray - it would be truly wicked to meet up. The regulars on here would get on like a house on fire in real life too. We never had time to make the end of the cinema run, but maybe when the DVD's out....I'm serious, y'know.
Hefestion19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Cassanders mum, so you know Johnny personally!!

I will send u a 'p.m.' asking u for a thing.. I hope you could help me, and.. I'm so sorry... I bother you many times... Embarassed
allison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CX, Ariv, Halfaery &c,

I'm 37, went to Uni late (early 30's) so I know what you mean.

I've adored JRM since I first saw Velvet Goldmine! Smile Loved Titus - been trying to find that on DVD, but so far no luck. Crying or Very sad Have VG. Loved his version of King Philip of France in Lion in Winter - I thought his Cassander was along these lines - used seduction as a political ploy almost. His scenes with Alexander were fantastic - more please OS. Smile

The pics of him in the Making of Alexander were very lovely - especially the one on page 44. There's just something about men in short skirts with long hair (or is that just me Wink )
allison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cassander's Mum,

Had to race off to watch the English Premiership League highlights show (bit of a Spurs fan I'm afraid, and we won this week!).

Just wanted to let you know that I thought all the 'younger' cast were great - even though (apart from young Alexander) I had a hard time remembering who was who!! And this after three viewings! Must pay more attention next time. Very Happy
halfaery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Loved his version of King Philip of France in Lion in Winter

I wish I get to see it too one day in the near future! Smile
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The pics of him in the Making of Alexander were very lovely - especially the one on page 44. There's just something about men in short skirts with long hair (or is that just me )

Yes, I've been admiring that picture of JRM, he has a very 'come hither' look in his eye [can't think of another word for it Laughing ]

Re: men/ long hair/ short skirts: You are definitely one of us 'fans of Alexander', Allison Very Happy
allison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

halfaery wrote:
Quote:
Loved his version of King Philip of France in Lion in Winter

I wish I get to see it too one day in the near future! Smile

I'm hoping that it will come out on DVD - taped it (it was on TV) and watch it often - he makes a verrry attractive King Philip of France! And very intimate with poor old Prince (soon to be King) Richard - really had the poor prince worked up Twisted Evil
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a verrry attractive King Philip of France! And very intimate with poor old Prince (soon to be King) Richard - really had the poor prince worked up

Which King Richard was that? Sorry, I need to be told the history of my own country, how sad is that? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jonathan Rhys-Meyers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: