Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alexander Photos Section
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

The guy pretending to be Hercules is Ian Beattie with young Heph and philotas under his arms and cassander (morgan) on his back the person standing wth the camera is Maria Meyer (Eurydice).
The diaper was what Colin wore under his costume and that Oliver Stone with the hat and his back to the camera
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Cool ...... I bet it was fun.

Did Jared wore diapers also...hehehe.... I guess they have to wear that after riding horses all day. Ouch! Wink
Hefestion19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is not diaper as such... only try to imitate classic underwear..
Rachel25

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a loinclothe folks. A padded loincloth Wink but a loinclothe none the less.
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These nappy's were the same as the boys wore for the wrestling scene just fabric sewn onto a velcro band with ties that wrapped around and tucked in at waist. This was to preserve everyone modesty as they would have wrestled naked in those days and I do not think anyone would have worn undergarments either.
Hefestion19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right... I didn't think in that fact... For example, in ancient olympic games, athletes were naked...
cindoo15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures, thanks for posting them. I too was wondering what Colin was wearing; I thought maybe there was some scene with him wrestling when he was grown up that got cut. Guess I was wrong.

So, in reality, these guys wore skirts (don't know the proper name) with no underwear and rode bareback. Hmm, must have gotten kind of itchy!

Really liked the picture of Colin all dressed up. Yum.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, in reality, these guys wore skirts (don't know the proper name) with no underwear and rode bareback. Hmm, must have gotten kind of itchy!

There is a very funny quote on page 134 about Hephaestion's backside. Naughty Robin Lane Fox, I was shocked.

And yes, they are lovely pictures of what goes on 'behind the scenes'. No pun intended there. Laughing
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it says?, for those who don't have the book
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RL Fox's book, he is talking about riding horses and says this:

"Within hours, I had decided that six years on horseback, with no saddle, would have made Hephaestion's backside so hard and leathery that is was not in the least surprising if Alexander opted for a soft unmilitary Persian eunuch for a change: Bagoas took on a new appeal."

I laughed hard when I read this too. Thanks for reminding me Catherine.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of pictures that I like (well, I was speaking of it a little while back), there is one on this site under 'production pictures' that I am particularly fond of. The one of Alexander, I believe at the party in India, he is wearing the white see-though pants (not see-though enough in my opinion though). The best part of that picture is noticing how low the pants ride on his abdomen; love seeing the little line of hair heading south.

Excuse me but, I've been drinking wine again! Hopefully I won't get carried away and burn down any palaces tonight.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The one of Alexander, I believe at the party in India, he is wearing the white see-though pants (not see-though enough in my opinion though). The best part of that picture is noticing how low the pants ride on his abdomen; love seeing the little line of hair heading south.

Where is this picture?

Thanks for posting the bit about Heph's backside. That's the beauty of an international website- when some people have gone to bed, other people can carry on talking. Smile Although I can't imagine Jared has a leathery backside. I think we ought to check, for research purposes, don't you? Razz
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine, to find the picture I mentioned go to the main page of this website at www.alexander-the-great.co.uk and scroll down the menu on the left, click on 'production pictures'. It's on the sixth row, right hand side.

I definitely agree about your research suggestion - so, how do we get Jared for our guinea pig?
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what?... I never noticed that. See thru kinda, we need a close up Twisted Evil
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a very nice picture of our Colin. You can see he's not wearing anything underneath Razz

Also, who's that good looking bloke carrying Alexander's helmet [I suppose someone's got to do it Razz ] in the top picture?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: