Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Angelina as Olympias
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Angelina Jolie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexandròs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Angelina as Olympias Reply with quote

What do you think about the role she's plaing? In my opinion she's perfect for this role, Olympias was just a bad girl! I see well Angelina also in the Roxane's role! I'd like to think Angie as the Alexander's wife! Yeah, but maybe it's better if Angie is the Alexander's mother! It's too cool!!
Rhodesman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Angelina mama mia! Reply with quote

I feel the need to state that Angelina looks very fetching as Olympias, she is the epitomy of the greek siren, I might add that Angelina will motivate the likes of countless men (myself included) to open our wallets and spend our hard earned cash to see her flaunt her feminine wiles on screen Razz Embarassed Razz Cool
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Angelina mama mia! Reply with quote

Rhodesman wrote:
I feel the need to state that Angelina looks very fetching as Olympias...

Personally I think she looks very fetching as anything Wink
angiefan1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: Yes! Reply with quote

Yes, I agree. She looks quite fetching in anything.

But I'm going to have to disagree with Alexandros. I think Angie (Angelina) is perfect for the part because she's a great actor, not for the reason of Olympias being a bad girl. The fact is Angie's not a bad girl at all. You just see what the media sees. They see her as a bad girl because she's different, so if they want to call her a bad girl then they can call me a bad girl. Anyway, just my two cents. It's nothing against you at all. It's just that I don't like all the misconceptions, ya know? It's all good, though, okay?

Brittany
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alexandròs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no! Maybe you fraintended(is it right?)!! When I said about Olympias who is a bad girl, and for Angie that's a good role, I wanted to mean that many characters that Angelina plaied are bad girl. And I'm the first to say that Angie is a very very good actress!!!
Tino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympia or Lara Croft, she's yummy either way. Rowr! Cool
angiefan1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Angie Reply with quote

Oh...sorry, Alexandros

Yeah, I totally understand. She's good at playing bad girls. Heck, she's good at playing anything...it's just some of the movies themselves that don't do too good. I can't wait to see her as Catherine the Great!!!!

Brittany
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alexandròs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^ Don't worry!
Angie as Catherine The Great is tooooooo cool!!!!! ^_^ That's perfect! I love Alexander and my favorite Zar is Catherine The Great!!! ^_^ But, I've heard that Angelina is going to play a movie about Cyrus the great... but, I don't if it's true...
depart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympias was such a coolly elegant monster, I'm sure Angelina will do a great job. Something I'm not sure about though - is Angelina the right age? Do she and Colin actually make sense in the newproduction photo of them together?
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympias was born in 375 BC. Alexander was born June 356 BC. So Olympias would have been around 19 years old when Alexander was born.
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Monster?????? Reply with quote

Twisted Evil
Hello Everyone,
Was Olympias a 'monster' or just a very assertive and manipulative surviver?
I believe she was one of the first "womens libbers" - a foreunner of Cleopatra, Elizabeth I and Catherine the Great.
She did what she had to do to outwit Philip and others, who plotted against her. And don't forget that back then murder was a political tool. Survival of the fittest. And Olympias survived for even years after Alexander was gone to protect her and her heirs.
I say she was a great gal and I hope all this comes out in the movie. I hope they don't make the role a one dimensional evil bitch, but shade it to reveal what it was like for a poor defenseless old Queen to live then and keep her head!!!!!! Oliver Stone should highlight this role to guarantee a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Jolie!!!!!!
And that's my "rant" for the day........
Larry
Countplato

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Casting Reply with quote

Of course everybody has a favorite actress in mind. As I've been currently reading Mary Renault's books on Alexander, my first choice in casting to play Olympias would have been Alice Krige after seeing her play the Borg Queen in Star Trek. But now that I think about it, I believe Angelina Jolie will indeed be perfect for the role. She too, could've played the Borg Queen which is how I think of Olympias as a person. As far as her age is concerned, nothing she does surprises me as she is a barbaric dark sided witch (no offense to the Wiccans), who sacrificed animals to the gods and did and said wicked things to those around her, including Alexander. From what I've seen of Jolie's acting, I believe she can do anything. I hope she does get an Oscar nomination for the role. After all, she's fabulous and has a fabulous director.

Countplato
Seg

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Monster?????? Reply with quote

Vecchiolarry wrote:
Was Olympias a 'monster' or just a very assertive and manipulative surviver?

Without getting some race-thingie going on in here, Olympias was Epiran. She had the same warm blood as current Albanian mountain-people have. Not to be messed with.

By the way, do they show her joining the Bacchanal rites in the film? She's alleged to have been quite the fan of em... Would love to see Jolie like that Confused
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Bacchanal....... Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
From what I've heard, there is a lot of snakes in some of her scenes; so, does that constitute a 'Bacchanel'. She was a devotee of Dionysius, so maybe she'll get to do a "hooch" dance!!!!!! Yah. Rolling Eyes
I just hope she in the movie longer than she was in the so-called 'trailer'..
Larry
Panther

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Olympias was born in 375 BC. Alexander was born June 356 BC. So Olympias would have been around 19 years old when Alexander was born.

Well as soon Greek women reached sexual maturity in Ancient Greece they were married off to men much older than they were, often 20 years difference.

There was a discussion I attended once on whether the girls first sexual encounter was percieved as violent or pleasurable act to her. Apparently some ancient authors point out the difference between the regular Greek girl and the Spartan woman who married men their age, or thereabouts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Angelina Jolie All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: