Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Angelina as Olympias
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Angelina Jolie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelina jolie is a greek goddess. no explanation needed!!!!
peritas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

olympias and phillip met on the greek island of samothrace,during a religious festival famous for being orgiastic(being dionysiac and all).The site is under excavation.But i doubt whether steamy scenes from such orgia will be shown on the film
i must admit i was at first surprised to hear angelina played olympias,but then i thought she can play a'dark'personality just fine.
peritas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for her tribe(the molossoi- a word that curiously greeks still use to decribe the breed of dogs known as'great danes'),it was a greek epirotic tribe whose centre of power was around the oracle of Dodoni.In that(second only to Delphi)oracle,the sounds originating from the leaves of an oak tree were deciphered,in order to give the answers to the questions asked.The site is excavated,and(together with theatres,a prytaneion, and other buildings)more than one thousand 'elasmata'(metal plates on which the questions to the oracle were asked)have been unearthed,a famous one has a man ask the oracle whether the child his wife is expecting is his(the answer wasnt found)!
belladonna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mum worked on this film....far from being a bad girl, she said Angelina is one of the sweetest people shes ever met.

And daaaaaaaamn the girl is beautiful too lol
shanny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: snake armlets Reply with quote

i think that angelina jolie is hot i mean come on every movie she's in the role suits her fine. anyways, can anyone of u fans out there get me some clear bold pics of the armlets she wore as olympias. it would be a great addition to my fans group in trinidad west indies.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Angelina Jolie All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: