Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Trailer seen?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ni8shadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: New Trailer seen? Reply with quote

My cuz saw that Colateral movie and he said he saw a trailer for Alexander and it was different than the teaser. said he saw more of the phalanx and the intro was still hopkins talking but the picture was a zoom in of Colin's face. anyone else see this?
tani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news everyone. I saw a completely new trailer on TV just like 5 minutes ago. Olympias was talking (you can achieve anything, I think she said) and there was clips of the phalanx claping their sarissas on their shields; and, to top it all, I actually saw the elephant scene from the point of view of Alexander. It was amaizing - yet I was so obscured my desire to watch more that I cannot remember everything in hte trailer. Good thing is that the new trailer is coming out very soon.
Post back for more info plz.
Child of a Dream

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tani wrote:
Good news everyone. I saw a completely new trailer on TV just like 5 minutes ago. Olympias was talking (you can achieve anything, I think she said) and there was clips of the phalanx claping their sarissas on their shields; and, to top it all, I actually saw the elephant scene from the point of view of Alexander. It was amaizing - yet I was so obscured my desire to watch more that I cannot remember everything in hte trailer. Good thing is that the new trailer is coming out very soon.
Post back for more info plz.

Can it be watched on the internet?? If not, I won't be able to see it :cry:
Bithysith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Did you see it during Olympic coverage or just regular programming?
tani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on a Yanky channel (ABC I think). In the beginning I thought I was imagining it - but when I realised what it was, it left me breathless. I swear ladies and gentlemen, I swear it on my own two eyes, it was the coolest thing: it had a 4 second camera snap of 4 war elephants charging and screaming, too. Alexander says only: 'Conquer your fear, and you'll conqer death!' - just like in the other trailer; but this one had him in front of the phalanx (on horseback). The phalanx was clashing their sarissas (I bet they were screaming 'Alalalai", but you couldn't hear it).
that's all I an recall - for now. Unfortunately I haven't found it on the net, though I searched for about 1 hour before i went to work.

Peace.

PS: the title 'Alexander' had as a background the symbol of Ahura Mazda. Plus: the voice said literaly: 'On Nov 5. come and discover why he is the greates warrior to have ever lived.'
Bithysith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's online...click to see:

http://www.techcomforces.com/alex_tv_trailer1.wmv[/url]
Child of a Dream

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bithysith wrote:
It's online...click to see:

http://www.techcomforces.com/alex_tv_trailer1.wmv[/url]

Thank u very much :)
Vasilios

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it as well on NBC, i was really suprised and very pleased. Thanks for the link btw, although i cant hear anything (damned .wmv on *nix OS) Embarassed
Vasilios

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also i must say, Ferrel's facial expression whilst charging against the elephants is a CLASSIC, very nice stuff . :crossesfingers:
Renold de Chatillion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.techcomforces.com/alex_tv_trailer2.wmv
Rachel25

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to a friend yesterday about the new trailer. She caught it on tv. Now she has not kept up to date about this film like I have, most of it she's hearing from myself. After we joked a little about Farrell's hair she said to me "I didn't know that Angelina Jolie was playing the love interest" Shocked I informed her that that's because she's not playing the love interest, she's playing his mother. She was a little uhm, squicked we'll say to hear that.

Now rewatching the link that Bithysith provided (thanks for that btw) I can kind of see why she would make that mistake. Olympias appears speaking right after they they show Alexander kissing his wife, and it is so quick and her face somewhat hidden that if you didn't know, you might imagine that it was Angelina he had been kissing.

Anyone think this is an intentional ploy? Laughing
Jenna Corinth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an "intentional ploy" to remind the masses that Alexander fancied girls too!

It's actually Jared Leto who's playing the love interest, not Angelina or Rosario Dawson.
Rachel25

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that the real love of ATG life was in all likelihood Hephaestion. However that wasn't what I was talking about. Would my friend have been the only person shocked what she saw the movie to realized that Anjelina is playing ATG mother or is it just her mind? was more like it. No offense to Dawson, but Jolie is obviously the much bigger name of the female leads in this and if the film implies there might be a love scene with her in it it might bring more people then people who see Rosario Dawson are trying to remember where they've seen her before (it took me a minute to remember where I've seen her before).
Hephaestion wasn't into the equation because he's not in the trailer unfortunately. The thinking behind that probably being that they can't be accused of misleading anyone about the relationship that will be betrayed between the two if he is absent from the trailer.
Jenna Corinth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you're right, I dunno. The minds of the WB execs are a complete mystery to me.

To be honest, I would have preferred it if they *had* cast Angelina as Roxane (and I don't know why they didn't). Roxane was a nasty piece of work and it'll take a certain type of actress to portray her properly, Angelina has a kind of natural charisma that Rosario doesn't and would have been a better choice IMO.
vickie1ok

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Before we pre-judge... Reply with quote

how the cast will perform based on our preconceived notions, think about these actors in previous Stone films:

Michael Douglas, Wall Street (he had never played such a ruthless character before)

Val Kilmer, The Doors (I don't think I even need to explain this reach)

Woody Harrelson, NBK (far cry from Cheers, eh?)

Joan Allen, Nixon. (she's a great actress but it was a different role I had not seen before)

Anthony Hopkins, Nixon. (it took a lot of cajones to cast a Brit as Richard Nixon, and equal cajones for a Brit to play him. The few other actors cast as Nixon don't do the justice Tony did)

Tom Cruise, Born on the 4th (from pretty boy to serious actor)

Tommy Lee Jones, JFK (TLJ to gay right wing conspirator?)

I could go on but you get my point. Stone has had enormous success casting actors in non-stereotypical roles. Don't underest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: