Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the man
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philalexandros

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: A Question Reply with quote

Just wondering, I'm sure that there are more works out there on Alexander along with Arrian and Plutarch, ( Justin, Curtius???)

Will there be other reading groups reviewing other works on Alexander?
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: A Question Reply with quote

philalexandros wrote:
Just wondering, I'm sure that there are more works out there on Alexander along with Arrian and Plutarch, ( Justin, Curtius???)

I,m not quite sure what you mean. Confused Do you mean is this reading group going to go on to other books or are you interested in reading groups on other forums?
Adriv

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curtius book is a bit slow. I thought it was dragging so I stop reading it.
But there is some interesting stuff to read and to point out. He's deep in war but not what Alexander is all about. It's what I think. Confused
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: A Question Reply with quote

philalexandros wrote:

Philalexandros, the other main source in addition to those you mentioned is Diodoro Siculus and yes, we plan on commenting at the reading group other works besides Arrian and Plutarch. In fact, we have thought of such a long list of books to comment (the Iliad among them) that me may get old before finishing. Laughing
philalexandros

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy hahaha I see now, that's great, look forward to reading other Alexander sources and getting old at the same time. Exclamation what a bonus... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the man All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: