Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For those who saw the movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulgaren

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of questions your and my way - very hard to answer from today's point of view. So lets leave at the point that there was a Ancient Macedonian language - since it is non-existant you can interpret it any way you like! The question is - what is your purpose?
Lala

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am simply answering questions using the best of my knowledge. What is yours?...
Lala

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be...hm...the 3rd time you don't answer my questions. Thanks.
vulgaren

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you know - the history is open to interpretations and everyone has a right to have its own call - but if you are not sure that something was white or black than give it a rest.
For you a grey car may be white but for me it may be black and yet none of us could be right.
manos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lala I have already given up! For how long are we going to prove that white is white. You talk about scripts, about names, dialects, architecture, coins,art, origins, whole worlds opinion (except balkans), about historical sequence, comparison with other countries in same situation. The next think we have to do is to find an ancient video with Alexander eating souvlaki on the top of Acropolis holding the greek flag screaming our national anthem! Trust me in the end u are going to have 100 questions without answer = pointless. Just personal satisfaction.

Kevin don't take me wrong is not a nationality debate post. I just say to Lala to give up as well.
Lala

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing "Alexander eating souvlaki at the top of Acropolis..."???!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see something like this!!! And I bet Alexander would do so if he had been here now!!!
vulgaren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were Alexander alive today, most likely he will make kebabs of all of us here and declare that black is what he says is black neverthless whether that is green red or white.
I reckon he would have loved a Macedonian lamb head stew with greens...mmmmm Rolling Eyes
Ariobarzin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulgaren wrote:
Were Alexander alive today, most likely he will make kebabs of all of us here and declare that black is what he says is black neverthless whether that is green red or white.
I reckon he would have loved a Macedonian lamb head stew with greens...mmmmm Rolling Eyes

NO, not at all!!

By now, he would be eating Aabgoosht and khoreshteh Gheimeh, as he would be totaly converted to the Persian culture, and would be speaking Persian language only, forgotting his native language! and he would be waving the Islamic Republic of IRAN flag and shouting its antem over the Shahyaad tower in Tehran! For sure!! Laughing
Lala

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he was near you now, he would surely eat fish and chips!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: