Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alexander Fan Club Names
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Alexander Fan Club Names Reply with quote

Hello Alexander Fans Smile

1. Please post all suggestions for the names of our fan club on this thread.

2. I think we should all have designated titles/ functions in this fan club. For example, Lardvaark should be 'Keeper of the Emails' as she got the email addresses for Robin Lane Fox.

Also, I may not be around for a while as my college has an inspection next week and everyone is going mad with panic and there is lots to do. Sad

Another thing: do call me just Catherine. The X was just added on because when I tried to log in as Catherine, it said 'that log in name has been used before'. I have many ideas what the X could stand for, my favourite being Xaus, the surname of my favourite racing driver Laughing
cindoo15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screen names are a funny thing - mine is a combination of my dogs names from way back with the age of the last one at the end. If anybody can remember, you can just call me Pam.

FAN CLUB NAMES: (These are the ones I remember)

1. Alexandrians
2. New Companions
3. Alexander Addicts
4. Kohl-eyed Phalanx

Did I leave any out? Any other ideas?
galatasaray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dont forget alexanders army on that list!!

this mite be a good time to add that you can call me emily (or em Very Happy ) if you remember, galatasaray is my footy team Razz
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pam and Emily Smile

Had some brilliant ideas for other titles for people in this fan club:

Mistress of Jared's Boudoir

Mistress of Colin's Boudoir

[you can be Mistress of any other actor's boudoirs, so there are lots of these titles going]

Historical Expert

Language Expert

Love and Kissing Observer

Hair and Make up Analyst

Commander of the British Phalanx

[you can be commander of the other nationalities Phalanxes e.g. American]

Obviously, Lardvaark is Keeper of the Emails already. Haven't decided what I want to be yet.Laughing

I think some of these titles will be fought over!!

Very Happy
galatasaray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, what titles are there..... i should call for one now before theyre all taken!!

how abouuuuut..... Fantasy Co-ordinator! Laughing
halfaery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long-haired horselord... you know, they all were them in the movie, the noble ones... what am i talking about...donĀ“t know...
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, feel free to make up your own titles and duties [!!] I can't think of one for myself yet. I quite fancy being Mistress of Colin's Boudoir, but maybe other people have a greater claim on that title. Maybe I should just be Fan Club Co ordinator. Or Alexander Co ordinator Laughing

So Galatasaray/Emily = Fantasy Co ordinator Razz

Halfaery, do you want to be a Horselord of some description? Smile Bucephalus is a lovely horse, isn't he. What about being someone's Personal Stable Hand?
Xenos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting idea about the fan club Very Happy

This is a list of the kings of ancient Macedonia and the year in which they ruled. Of course these are all Greek names so choose wisely 'cos some of them take some serious tongue twisting Razz . You could always call youreslves "The Argeadians" after the Ancient Macedonian dynasty Exclamation

Argead dynasty

Karanos (c. Late 9th/Early 8th Cent.)
Koinos (c. Mid-8th Cent.)
Tyrimmas (c. Late 8th/Early 7th Cent.)
Perdikkas I (c. 670-652)
Argaios I (652-621)
Philippos I (621-588)
Aeropos I (588-6Cool
Alketas (568-40)
Amyntas I (540-498)
Alexandros I (c. 498-454)
Perdikkas II (c. 454-413)
Archelaos (413-399)
Orestis (399-396)
Aeropos II (396-393)
Pausanias (393)
Amyntas II the Little (393-392)
Amyntas III (392-370)
Argaios II (370)
Alexandros II (370-368)
Ptolemeos Aloritis (368-365)
Perdikkas III (365-359)
Philippos II (359-336)
Alexandros III the Great (336-323)
Philippos III Arrhidaios (323-317)
Alexandros IV Aegeos (323-309)
Rival kings : 309-301 B.C.

Kassandros
Antigonos I Monophthalmos
Dimitrios I Poliorketes
Lysimachos
Seleukos Sotir
Ptolemy Lagos
Antipatrid dynasty

Kassandros (301-297)
Philippos IV (297)
Antipatros (297-294)
Alexandros V (297-294)
Rival rulers

Dimitrios I Poliorkitis (294-287)
Pyrrhos (287-285)
Lysimachos (285-281)
Ptolemeos Keraunos (281-279)
Anarchy

Meleagros (279)
Antipatros Etesias (279)
Sosthenis (279-277)
Antigonid dynasty

Antigonos II Gonatas (277-239)
Dimitrios II (239-229)
Antigonos III Doson (229-222)
Philippos V (222-179)
Perseas (179-168)
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that long and interesting post Xenos Smile Somehow I don't think we'll ever resolve the question of what to call the fan club Laughing
Adriv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! that is a long list... I guess you took them all from the encyclopedia. You forgot the "The Alexandrias" I like that name.
lardvaark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are voting, I'm torn between The Alexandrians and The Kohl-Eyed Phalanx, which is so original/amusing it ain't true. Stick me down for one of each.

We have to see this through, I'm sure we can resolve it amicably. We are far too dedicated a unit to go nameless. Perhaps a few aliases?

Anyway, I'm well made up with my offical title. And just so's I live up to it, I might have to add a few more later (what am I saying? Talk about putting pressure on yourself) Wink
As for my own alias, I also go by "Re-Arranger of Words" (check out my anagrams, everyone, I implore thee!).

Oooh, and we're revealing names as well, aren't we? Well OK, let's ditch the formality. You can call me lardy/vaarky/whatever suits. In real life(?does not compute?) they refer to me as Clare (or Clur).
Alec

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Hey! Reply with quote

Wow, i'm ok with the Alexandrians or the Kohl-eyed phalanx for the reasons Vaarky Wink explained...
Then, as a title for myself i'd choose something like "Sex scenes guesser"... as i can't help but fantazising about what happened between Roxana, Alexander, Hephaistion and maybe some more ... Laughing

And as long as everybody's revealing their names, mine's Jame. Like James with no "S"... JAME (and i'm a guy, if it's not clear... Cath, i can't be "Mistress" of any boudoir... as some others here Wink )

Alec
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Clare and Jame.Smile

More fuel to our fire:

In the book, Antigonus [Ian Beattie] writes a diary and says he saw Colin/Alexander 'snogging the face off' Rosario/Roxanne in the make up tent!!! Naughty naughty Wink

I'll do a list next week of people and their titles in this fan club. I'm struggling with this inspection this week Sad
cindoo15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll vote for Alexandrians.

I did have an idea for another name but it is based on an awful naughty thought and I don't know that I should even put it here (no, no curse words) so I'll hold back for now.

Although I am not an historian, I would like to be the history expert for our group if there isn't anyone else who has better credentials than myself. I just enjoy reading the history and relaying the stories (I'd call them facts, but nobody can be really certain of many of these things). Therefore, if there's a question about anything it gives me a reason to go back to research something.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Hey! Reply with quote

Alec wrote:
Wow, i'm ok with the Alexandrians or the Kohl-eyed phalanx for the reasons Vaarky Wink explained...
Then, as a title for myself i'd choose something like "Sex scenes guesser"... as i can't help but fantazising about what happened between Roxana, Alexander, Hephaistion and maybe some more ... Laughing

And as long as everybody's revealing their names, mine's Jame. Like James with no "S"... JAME (and i'm a guy, if it's not clear... Cath, i can't be "Mistress" of any boudoir... as some others here Wink )

Alec

Hi Jame. Well, you could be Master of any boudoir you'd like! If that's your thing. Guess I'd have to go back and check out your posts to see where you stand on that, but it's ok with me. Actually, I suppose there should be a master as well as a mistress, seeing how we're all talking about men kissing each other.

And Catherine, you can certainly be Mistress of Colins boudoir if you wish. You just have to let me in from time to time! Deal? So, Catherine and Jame, what are your duties in this new position? (Well, couldn't that last question be taken a couple of ways?)

Not that I have final say on any of this, so what do the rest of you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: