Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pictures
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jonathan Rhys-Meyers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

Can someone please explain to me how I manage to post pictures here from my computer files. Sorry not a whizz kid when it comes to this
galatasaray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm....there should be a button on here somewhere where you can upload a picture..... think it has sumin to do wit the IMG button but not sure how... Confused [/img]
halfaery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 1st download them to eg. photobucket.com and then just use the img tags to put them here... not much help from this, but I really want to see your photos!!!
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't load pictures here directly from your computer. You have to upload them somewhere on the Internet first.

Anyway, I'm assuming it was you, Cassanders Mum, that sent me the picture - so here it is......

birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great shot!!

Thank you cassanders mom. Smile Those two look so much alike, it is amazing. Your son is a carbon copy of JRM as a child, even down to the smile.

When I saw the film the first time, I knew as soon as I saw Morgan, that he was young Cassander. I remember saying to myself, "thats Cassander".

How many young men did he beat out for this role? And is he doing any more acting?

Thanks,

Dara:)
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely picture. They look so happy as well. I wonder if there are pictures of Colin with his 'younger self' and Jared with his? That would be so sweet. Smile

You are so lucky Cassanders Mum! I can imagine how wonderful it was to be involved in such an epic, wonderful film as Alexander and actually meet everyone Smile
Rachel25

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's a gorgeous photo. While I thought that the boy resembled JRM in the sulking department (Sorry Cassander's Mum but that all we got to see in the movie after the editing:oops: ), they do indeed both have beautiful smiles.
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: picture Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for the compliments. Yes, Morgan has been attending drama classes since he was 8 and thoroughly enjoys it. He would love to make acting his career but knows the bad odds against it so will study something else when he finishes school as a back up. Yhe sulky look was academy award acting - he is one of the sunniest kids I have ever come across - I know I am biased!!!!!!!!. I have a pic of Jared and his double so when I figure out how to post (without sending it to Kevin!) I'll post it
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: picture Reply with quote

cassanders mum wrote:
I have a pic of Jared and his double so when I figure out how to post (without sending it to Kevin!) I'll post it
Feel free to email it to me if you don't manage to post it yourself Smile
Adriv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! did you ended up meeting all those great actors in person Cassenders Mum?? If yes...who?
galatasaray

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i love the pic! musta been an amazing experience cassander's mum!! and they both look so genuinly happy, ah to be in those arms, lol! i think its safe to say were all eagerly waitin for more pics!

dyu kno, when i first watched the film i was so amazed at how they got all the young actors to look so much like their senior versions in the film!!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
dyu kno, when i first watched the film i was so amazed at how they got all the young actors to look so much like their senior versions in the film!!

Yes, that is very good casting. I think casting people these days have got better at matching actors up to look like they are related/ older or younger versions of the main actor.

When I was young I was always cross when they had blond haired, dark eyed kids 'growing up into' dark haired, blue eyed adults. Sorry to mention our enemy 'Troy' but I did think Orlando Bloom and Eric Bana could easily be brothers, and Brad Pitt and that young lad who played Patroclus could have been related. And of course 'Luke Skywalker' looks so much like 'Anakin Skywalker' in the Star Wars saga [another one of my passions]. It is so much more realistic to choose actors who could be related etc, it really helps you get into the film.
Adriv

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agreed. Star Wars is also my passion. Smile
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agreed. Star Wars is also my passion.

Hooray! Another believer. I can't wait to see Episode 3 later this year Smile
Adriv

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother bought the trilogy and I was watching "the return of the Jedi", I have seen new clips and what did surprise me was to see a shot of the new Anakin Skywalker (Hayden) in the movie. I guess Mr. Lucas likes to edit the films in much later years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jonathan Rhys-Meyers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: