Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alexander - Colin naked??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another theory on why there was no kiss between Alex and Heph. In the histories it was never actually said that they were lovers but everyone assumes it to be so because of the way they behaved with each other, the tribute they paid to Achilles and Petrocholus (believed themselves to be lovers) at Troy, Alexanders reaction to his death, Alexanders obvious favoritism toward him and so on and so on. So, maybe Oliver wanted to hint very very strongly as the histories do but never actually commit to them being physical, playing it as a parallel to the actual history. Whereas in the histories, it is definitely stated that he and Bagoas had a physical thing and therefore, Oliver felt that showing this relationship as physical was obvious. Just a little observation of mine.

Here's another observation along somewhat different lines. While reading earlier today about Alexanders first year in command I came across something that I read more into than was actually written. Apparently, just before going to attack Thebes, Alexander encamped (as the author said 'for reasons that may be emotional or religious) by the precinct of the hero Iolas who was Heracles' charioteer (and favorite companion); at the shrine here, the couples of the Sacred Band (an army of male lover couples) took their vows.

So Pam, where are you going with this I hear you asking. Well, in my mind I am wondering if Alexander and Hephaestion possibly did the same here. It would definitely fit into Catherines 'wife' theory.

I also read something similar a while back about Siwah (or some place very close, maybe the next oasis over?, or maybe it was at Siwah) saying that men married men at this place. Again, makes me think about Alexander and Hephaestion.
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, are you saying that Al and Heph were already married in secret and that is why they didn't have sex after that?? it happens now in present times... hehehehe.....just kidding. Laughing

Interesting review Cindoo15.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm living up to my title of Mistress of Myth - making up my own myths now and everything!
Alexiel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok,but jared also blinked when the asked him if OS has cut scenes off...and we all know he did...so,who knows????We'll never find out,I think,..snd what about Francisco reaction to the question then???he didnt answer.
mmm
Adriv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHAA!! mistery and secrets..... we will know soon enough, or maybe not Confused
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So Pam, where are you going with this I hear you asking. Well, in my mind I am wondering if Alexander and Hephaestion possibly did the same here. It would definitely fit into Catherines 'wife' theory.

Yes, it would fit with that. I can't even explain why I thought Heph was Alex's wife, it was just a very strong feeling I got during the film and the way he acted 'the dutiful wife' all the time, especially with his gentle rebuke of Al when he shoved Cassander against the wall. I've seen no end of wives rebuke their husbands subtly like that, so they don't look like they are hen pecking him. And it certainly worked: Al did exactly as he was told immediately, whereas he didn't listen to anyone else.
Alexiel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Quote:

Yes, it would fit with that. I can't even explain why I thought Heph was Alex's wife, it was just a very strong feeling I got during the film and the way he acted 'the dutiful wife' all the time, especially with his gentle rebuke of Al when he shoved Cassander against the wall. I've seen no end of wives rebuke their husbands subtly like that, so they don't look like they are hen pecking him. And it certainly worked: Al did exactly as he was told immediately, whereas he didn't listen to anyone else.

totally agree with you,Catherine!!!!
I just LOVE that moment, the way he says his name ad Alex just stops strangling Cassander Very Happy
halfaery

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: bag?!? Reply with quote

There´s something wrong with this computer or this forum, but my reply jumped to a wrong place and turned to be a new topic!
It was supposed to be here:
Quote:
[I can't call him Bag, can I.]

You´re right. You cannot call him like that!!!! arggghh...

call him bosch, that sounds sexy in my ears!!!

-----------

could somebody kindly moderate the topic version off?[/b]
halfaery

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remembered one interview where Colin says:
Quote:
I don't like kissing boys. When you feel his stubble against your lip, it's repulsive to me...

So, that could be a proof for the kiss between Alex and Heph, right?
Adriv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who will not like kiss Jared???? Your lost Coin!
Adriv

Adriv

Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't like kissing boys. When you feel his stubble against your lip, it's repulsive to me...

Or:

1. It could be Colin 'protesting too much' i.e. he secretly likes it Razz Laughing

2. It could be about the kiss between Alex and Bagoas.

Laughing
Adriv

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!! what happened there? 3 times! this computer is acting up. Evil or Very Mad
Alexiel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Quote:

Or:

1. It could be Colin 'protesting too much' i.e. he secretly likes it Razz Laughing

2. It could be about the kiss between Alex and Bagoas.

Laughing

eerrr...francisco had no stubble in the movie,but then...jared neither Very Happy
well,it's not that he dislike it all,he dislike the feeling of the stubble-something that is not always enjoyable for girls too Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: