Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So this girl goes into a Post Office.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent you a PM, Lardvaark. Hope you get the flipping thing this time Smile
lardvaark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone

Feel free to add to Catherine X's contribution any time. I won't be able to access them at the weekend, nor Monday as I'm out of the office (again), but as soon as I get the chance I'll make up for lost time. We should be able to get the show on the road next week.

Cheers
L
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We should be able to get the show on the road next week.

Yes, the 'save Alexander' show Laughing

Come on people, join the crusade! Wink
cindoo15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my thoughts down on paper and was just going to email it to laardvark but alas, it is time to go get the kids at school. Just letting you know this so you won't think I've dropped the ball. I'll definitely be sending it later today.
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: No O ffers? Reply with quote

hi there leonidas here I made a offer a couple of days ago since i live here in southern califorina and so far no one has replied?? what gives?? do you want me to help out with the mail for OS or something? please let me know? OR is it just between you five people who seem to be talking about OS? maybe i shouldt get involved or what ?
Aristophanes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it guys Cool

Don't forget about the Uncut/Extended Edition.
lardvaark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Leonidas, calm down mate!

I read your comment and was actually thinking of a suggestion, please don't get narky with us, eh? I'll put it to anyone else, too - what cunning things can we come up with for someone to do in such close proximity to the beating heart of film production?

We are most grateful, and don't de daft - of course it's not only between a few of us. We welcome all the support we can get, right? TEAM.

/makes general soothing noises

L
lardvaark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, this is Friday's final call for all those comments you want amalgamating into The Great Mass Message(TM). I will be back on Tuesday, so by the time I get back to you I should be pretty much there with a final version. If anyone sees this a little late and panics about not getting represented, let me reassure you by saying that so far we're all singing from very much the same hymn sheet Wink

Loving and leaving you all until next week

L

Anagram update to follow in the next few days!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Leonidas. Thanks for the offer. It must be nice to live somewhere like California, I imagine its warmer and brighter than England at the moment Laughing

Do you know any way of contacting Oliver Stone? I'm hoping that he lives across the road from you Laughing If so, you could try contacting him by yourself. If not, would you send your thoughts in a PM to Lardvaark, as she is writing the definitive letter to OS to tell him that 'Alexander' did have fans around the world and asking him not to cut the film to please the critics.

See you around the board
Smile
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: No O ffers? Reply with quote

LEONIDAS wrote:
hi there leonidas here I made a offer a couple of days ago since i live here in southern califorina and so far no one has replied?? what gives?? do you want me to help out with the mail for OS or something? please let me know? OR is it just between you five people who seem to be talking about OS? maybe i shouldt get involved or what ?

Leonidas - I don't think anybody intended to make you feel left out. We are all in this together. I personally didn't mention anything in reply to your offer simply because I have no idea what to ask for. Do you have any suggestions?
halfaery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I read this now, today. I´m out. Great. Just great. I just would have wanted to put my real name in a list, because when something important like this is concerned I might not have the right words, but a right to support the right thing or so... Whatever. Crying or Very sad
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So I read this now, today. I´m out. Great. Just great. I just would have wanted to put my real name in a list, because when something important like this is concerned I might not have the right words, but a right to support the right thing or so... Whatever.

Why don't you quickly send Lardvark a PM now with what you want to say to Oliver Stone? She is sending it next week so you have got time. She says everyone is more or less saying the same thing so she can add your thoughts to the final version of the letter she sends to Oliver Stone. Smile Question
Hefestion19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent it yesterday... I hope Lardvaark take care of it and my words will be added... Wink
halfaery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I can do it... Confused
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Letter or phone call to Oliver stone? Reply with quote

hello again alexander fans Thanks for your replies. What i was thinking about the letter that you all are geeting ready to sent to OS> Why not send it to my southern califorina address and i will mail it from where i am and I will make sure that I t will get a signed recepit to from OS office . Please let me know what you all think of this Also Kevin would you pm and let me know OS studio phone number where i can call up and leave a message with his group etc.? Let me know if this sounds like a good idea etc. i will pay for the postage to his Los Angeles address. thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: