Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So this girl goes into a Post Office.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Mail OS letter to leonidas here in southern calif? Reply with quote

Hi everyone leonidas here again since kevin emailed the letter already to someone in OS staff? would it be worth while to mail one from here on my end I live only two hours from LA and i could post one and get a signed reciept saying that they rec it at olivers stone end ? what do you all say? like Kevin said we might not get reply but it wouldnt hurt? does anyone have the phonenumber for OS office? let me know thank you
allison

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great to me Smile
joanna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,guys.It seems that I missed all this "letter" to OS stuff.I'm very sorry. I 'd like to write a letter to him,too! Please, can anyone help me now? Maybe Leonidas.Not only I want to write to Stone ,but my dream is to meet him in person.My God, what a dream! Please, leonidas, HELP ME!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do we have a fan name? i quite like the alexandrians

Have you voted in my poll? It runs for a week so you have got time, but I hope no one tries to bias it by voting twice. If you do, you will be severely punished- no pictures of Heph/ Alex for a month Laughing
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonidas and Joanna

I think you need to send a PM to Kevin and/or Lardvaark to get details of the letter and addresses etc. Its worth a try anyway. Lardvaark is 'in charge' of this project, I'm just giving advice Smile

Leonidas, are you named after the posh chocolates that we used to have in Britain? Laughing
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Leonidas name Reply with quote

hi there catherine X I took the name Leonidas as a nick because my interests are in the ancient spartan history hoplites etc. you remember the immortal 300 their last stand at the gates of fire in 480B.C.?? hope that answers your question. thank you
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I took the name Leonidas as a nick because my interests are in the ancient spartan history hoplites etc. you remember the immortal 300 their last stand at the gates of fire in 480B.C.??

Is that the Spartans who fended off a much bigger army than themselves in some valley or something?

I was joking about the chocolates, I think actually Leonidas was some sort of shower gel years ago when I was little Laughing
lardvaark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Just a quick 'un Reply with quote

Hey there

Didn't get a chance to do this before. The two extra names on the message are two gentlemen who got in contact with me when they heard about this project. This is a copy of their email, which they said I could put on here to let you all know how they felt. 11 viewings is pretty impressive stuff. If only I earned more (read="some") money. Mad

Hello,

While not a registered member of the above referenced forum, I am a regular visitor and am quite heartened to see the number of individuals there who are as enthusiastic about and appreciative of Mr. Stone's film as myself and my partner are.

We have paid to see "Alexander" in theaters eleven (11) times to date (by far, a record for both of us), and have been anxiously awaiting the release of the DVD. However, we've become gravely concerned of late as a result of rumors suggesting that the original film will be edited down for DVD, rather than extended with bonus scenes and/or features.

Because we contend that Oliver Stone achieved high art with "Alexander", we are appalled at the idea of it being hacked up to meet the approval of mindless, fundamentalist middle-America. As are so many others on the alexander-the-great.co.uk forum, my partner and I are earnestly hoping for a director's cut that actually adds to the length of the film. To our minds, the rumored editing would be nothing short of a shameful travesty.

We respectfully request that you add our names to your letter to Mr. Stone. Here's hoping that our collective voices will be heard, and that he won't compromise the artistic integrity of his film to appease the bleating sheep of our society.

They're not being anti-American btw - they're from the States.

I can't stay much longer but I hope to spend a bit more time here tomorrow. S'later,
L
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The two extra names on the message are two gentlemen who got in contact with me when they heard about this project.

Wow! This project is getting famous! How did they hear about it? Don't worry, answer this question tomorrow, I realise what this evening is. I am going away in a minute too.
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know I've not heard anything yet but will do if/when I do.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,

I think I may be a bit too late to the party, here (I just saw all this). But we over at the Dreamworks Alexander forum feel like you all do about the DVD (or even cutting any of the film).

If you need any assistance, I could round up the troops to help out. It might be too late, but if you need anything, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dara Smile
lardvaark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offer is very much appreciated! Smile
lardvaark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CX, these fellas apparently read what we had been saying here and were ready and waiting when the whole message idea was suggested. Yeah, fame at last, eh?

I just realised what you were on about in your last comment about realising what night it was....sadly I was not about to go anywhere good, I had to leg it to my supervisor's to hand in a paper I had proof-read. Glamorous.
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lardvaark - you are getting the fame you rightly deserve, matey.
And heads-up to the couple that emailed you - I agree, as do we all, that this film is High Art - the eagle, the balcony scene, the locations, the palaces, the crimson forest at the end - everything was just.......beautiful (he says wiping a tear away from his eye! - come on, I aint that corny!) but I mean everything I said.
They should join, as BT say - it's good to talk.........

Nice one from the Dreamworks Alexander Forum too - guys - WE ARE BECOMING LEGION
YES!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdie Mom- Yay! Thanks for offering that. I'm sure everyone on the side of Alexander will feel the same.

Lardvaark: wow, that is amazing! Hopefully the support for Alexander is GROWING!

Does anyone post on the IMDB Alexander board? I often look at what they're saying on there but can't be bothered to log onto yet another board. I THINK they are mainly pro Al, but I don't know. We could get them on board too [no pun intended there!]

And thanks Kevin, we appreciate your efforts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: