Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So this girl goes into a Post Office.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joanna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm speechless! I can't believe it!OS read THE LETTER?,and he's writing one for us?! Sorry, I have to see it ,to believe it.Don't forget me,Lardvaark, send me a copy of his letter as soos as you get it. You,re so lucky....OS is going to send you a letter!!!WOW!!
allison

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fantastic news Very Happy Shocked Very Happy I'm sure that you'll let us all know what OS says, lardvaark - we'll all be hanging on every word, I'm sure. Enjoy your study course in the meantime.

Exclamation Exclamation CONGRATULATIONS Exclamation Exclamation

Well done Leonidas as well - fantastic team effort there Cool
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: GReetings Leonidas here again of course!!! Reply with quote

As you all know it was lardvaark letter that she had wriiten earlier in the month to olivers stone office in LA not the currentl letter that she was drawing up with our names on it so I hope there was no misunderstanding on my part. The lady mentioned the alexander website and then she said it had lardvarrk name on it and that OS had personally read it and he was sending her a personal reply back to her home in England. The lady in OS office told me this twice about the letter and get this guess where she was from LONDON lol so lets wait to hear from lardvark when gets the letter from OS. anymore questions please email me or pm me thank you leonidas
Aristophanes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oliver's cool.

Don't be afraid to go balls out in the (at least) European DVD, man. We need to see the extra 1 hour or more, it must be brilliant stuff Cool

Don't give a damn about the bad press. Remember Blade Runner, Pulp Fiction, Cleopatra, Scarface, Citizen Kane, Odyssey 2001...[/i]
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Blade Runner, Pulp Fiction, Cleopatra, Scarface, Citizen Kane, Odyssey 2001..

Yes I remember the Bladerunner fiasco. Everyone wondered why I wanted to go and see it at the time, then Years later it became a cult Cool
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

years later????????? I can't wait that long Crying or Very sad
Although it would be fun to say "Told you so......" in the most immature voice I could muster Laughing
Fingers (and everything else) crossed.....
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
years later????????? I can't wait that long
Although it would be fun to say "Told you so......" in the most immature voice I could muster
Fingers (and everything else) crossed.....

Ah, Pip, you do cheer me up and make me laugh. I've just found out that my BBC Movies message board, where I have been residing for a year, is probably closing down soon. Crying or Very sad Thank God I've got you Alexandrians to save me Smile
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you're upset, but we're always glad to cheer up a fellow Alexandrian (my god - I swear my fingers type that name in my sleep!) that's what we're all here for - you know: in the face of oppression we shall arise (said waving a clenched fist in the air - wouldn't I make a good Alexander? - yeah right!)
But on a serious note - why is it closing down? I thought something like that would last forever......... Shocked Question
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But on a serious note - why is it closing down? I thought something like that would last forever.........

Well we're not sure, but BBC want to 'find some other way for people to communicate in cyberspace.' Sounds a bit dodgy Laughing Anyway, I've asked Kevin if there is a related Movies board that ex BBC posters/ friends can come over to here. I've got this idea that this Al board is part of a vast spectrum of boards on all different subjects- am I getting carried away [that's unlike me]
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carried away? never - the more the merrier............
A new way to communicate in cyberspace? Rolling Eyes Oh God - what next, an implanted chip in the brain where thoughts produce themselves as the latest laser-memo in front of the very eyes it's intended for...........actually, that sounds cool, shame I have no idea about technology..............

Wonder if Lardvaark's heard from The Man yet - hope it's a positive response - I've got my - wait for it - "annual appraisal" for work in 5 minutes - (I'm not even awake yet, for God's sake, and they want me to answer questions like "so how do you feel you partcipate to the team" yawnnnnnnnn) - and the thought of Mr DVD being nice and complete - or extended, will see me through nicely.......
lardvaark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I've got about three seconds here, so better cut to the chase...

Pip, she has indeed. I spoke to my Mum and it would appear that it has made it all the way to my parents' house (my mailing address) in Basingstoke, where I'm off to DIRECTLY these fun and games are done with. She was pretty impressed.

So what do you think of that then?!!

Now I must love and leave and go prepare a talk on spin glass dynamics for tomorrow. Riveting.....
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Lardvark! Please could you either post what his letter says, or send a PM? Hope that is not too time consuming, you could post 'selected highlights' or something.

Thanks a million. Very Happy
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS The host on the BBC board said the Movies forum is NOT closing, so I was panicking for nothing. Phew. I still prefer the Alexander board though.
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Lardy (hope it's okay to call you that) WE LOVE YOU - YOU ARE DA BEST, GIRL! (stands up and does a little victory dance around the lounge)
Phew - now I'm exhausted.
Lardvaark - get yo butt over to your Mom's house, PRONTO - but seriously, well done for getting the response and PLEEAASSEEEEEE let all of us adoring fans know what the Great Man says.....
Thanks in advance

Catherine - nice one about the Movie Board - I bet it was a political rouse to get a surge of people using it - now that's something this forum will NEVER have to do (well lets blumin' hope so, hey..... Laughing )
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and you can be sure I'll tell all those on my BBC board that we've got a letter from Oliver Stone.... so NER! to them Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: