Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Business Data for Alexander

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Business Data for Alexander Reply with quote

I was looking on the Internet for information about how Alexander finally did at the box office. If anyone is interested, this is what I found out. IMBD www.imdb.com/title/tt0346491/business, which is I think one of the most reliable sources, reports that it has got until February 13th worldwide takings of 160 million dollars (34 million were obtained in the United States and 126 million outside the United States). Remember the budget for the movie was 150 million dollars.
allison

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY - it made a profit Exclamation Very Happy Even if it was a fairly modest one. It'll be a cult classic for sure Cool
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's everybodies problem - it's already done better than breaking even (I know 10 mil probably isn't a lot to Hollywood - but it's better than a slap in the face with a damp squid)
Add to this the sales of the DVD when it comes out - that should be more than enough to keep the hungry barons of hollywood well fed...YAY Very Happy
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alex19, haven't seen you for a while. Thanks for that info Smile and glad our Al made a profit.
Ely

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been monitoring the progress too, Glad Alexander finally did a profit, Let alone the DVD sales and TV PPV royalties too.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it funny how $10,000,000.00 isn't considered a big profit? WOW - if I made that I would retire and buy myself a villa in Macedonia!

Speaking of the PPV (yes, I do skip around a bit at times) - I'm waiting, and Waiting and WAITING and WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any idea when that should be? Also, are PPV movies the ones you see at the theater or are they the DVD version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: