Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undue Bad Press
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QueerAsFcuk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Undue Bad Press Reply with quote

Having seen Alexander yesterday, I can only complain that the film has received far too much undue bad press. It was a fantastic comedy and had me rolling in the aisles all the way through. Colin Farrell's hair alone was a comedy in itself, and Angelina Jolie wouldn't have been out of place in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Getting Vangelis to do a really cruddy rehash of the "Chariots of Fire" soundtrack was a stroke of comic genius, and the inference of homosexuality by the subtle-as-a-brick over-the-top eye make up was inspired! I wasn't quite sure if Alexander was in love with Hephaestion or Dusty Springfield for a while!
A fantastic film. Release it on DVD as "Carry On Alexander" and it will be a roaring success.
manos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing You didn't like it eh?
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sound like he/she didn't like the movie. Oh well!
QueerAsFcuk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh -and I was still laughing so much I forgot to mention the incredible irony of having Alexander as head of the early IRA, the python-esque satire of having him parented by Countess Dracula who bathed in the blood of young virgins to stay forever young, and Captain Birdseye on crack, and just the right element of vaudeville camp with Bagoas looking like an escapee from the chorus line of "La Cage Aux Folles".
Quite honestly I really can't wait for the sequel - "Alexander II: Battle Plan 9 From Outer Space". Sadly Colin will not be available for filming, but I hear that Julian Clary will be taking on the role, so no-one will really notice the difference.
lardvaark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you're funny! Rolling Eyes
Have you ever thought of going on stage?

Go to the top of the class - and jump off.
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... he must like the movie and he is in denial, he keeps coming back here. He just doesn't know how to express his joy about Alexander. I keep refering to "he" cuz he must be a man.
QueerAsFcuk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost as much wit and intelligence in your reply there lardvaark as there was in the film. Glad to see you set your standards so high.
galatasaray

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you thought the film was this much of a joke mate why waste your time on this forum?
QueerAsFcuk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably for much the same reasons that ANYONE wastes their time here really!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why most of us are here is because we like the film so going by what you just wrote, you must like it too.
manos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you are wrong, the people here are either because they like the film or because don't like the film. Is one more opinion, sarcastic only for the film... relax
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just seems a bit pointless for people to visit a site dedicated to something just to criticise it. It would be like going to a Film site to criticise films, or a motor racing site to criticise motor racing. Rather silly.
manos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not interested in Motorbikes, is not that you dislike or hate them. As long as you are from england, Is like you are Arsenal fan or Anti-chelsea and you write in a forum of chelsea fans. Is common, maybe pointless but common. From the other hand it would b boring in the forum chating about how much we liked the film for months! Friendly...
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok people relax.
Okay QueerAsFcuk, tell me what is your favorite movie so I can go to your forum and criticise it, you might not like that so this is exactly what is happening here.
lardvaark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Total lack of con-troll Reply with quote

Actually, manos, all she (CX) said was that most of us like the film. At no point did she say this place was solely for people who like the film. And I agree that it's slightly sad when people choose to put it down for the sole purpose of winding others up. Not that it'll do them any good, as I'm about the worst on here for taking the bait and even I'm tremendously unfazed by their comments.

I haven't been bored so far in my discussions with the other "pros".

And QAF: An insult coming from the likes of you is pretty much taken as a compliment, rest assured. Now, the only time that gets wasted on here is in replying to your messages, so I'll take my own advice and leave it there.

Same old fcuking joke, and it wasn't funny to begin with. Never mind though, eh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: