Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alexander DVD
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Alexander DVD Reply with quote

Don't get too excited!

I just looked on IMDB and this is what I read:

'this isnt 100% sure [ill try my best 2 confirm] ....but alexander reg. 1 DVD comin in april/may....feat.'s not sure but UK gets 2 disc special edition with a new "accessible" cut of the movie [dunno wat tht is yet]

also ....alexander will be the first fifty movies to come out on the NEW HD-DVD format [15 gb!!!] in late 2005.... '

This sounds interesting! So maybe it will come out in June or July in the UK Razz Very Happy
cindoo15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Catherine. I can't wait; I hope something does come out in May, even if it is just the 1 DVD. At this point I'll take whatever I can get. However, if you guys in the UK get a special 2 DVD set this summer and we don't get it here in the US, WATCH OUT - I will take over MoOk's new title of 'The Scary One'. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh, oh, oh, just had a thought. I could order it from amazon. But, don't they encode things differently in the UK from the US. I know this was a problem with VHS but is it a problem with DVD?
Hefestion19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know when would be available this "expanded version"? There would be a release for every country? What do you know about it in Spain?

Anyway, I would be embarrased of buying it... in the mall they will see you thinking... "we know what you want to see in the expanded.." Embarassed
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, if you guys in the UK get a special 2 DVD set this summer and we don't get it here in the US, WATCH OUT - I will take over MoOk's new title of 'The Scary One'. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh, oh, oh, just had a thought. I could order it from amazon. But, don't they encode things differently in the UK from the US. I know this was a problem with VHS but is it a problem with DVD?

Cindoo- Aah!! I'm terrified now. Shocked I don't know about the different encoding. I know that there are regions and you have to get the correct DVD player for the correct DVD or it won't play. Ask a techie type person Confused

Quote:
Do you know when would be available this "expanded version"? There would be a release for every country? What do you know about it in Spain?

Anyway, I would be embarrased of buying it... in the mall they will see you thinking... "we know what you want to see in the expanded.."

Hef19- No sorry, I don't know, I just copied what I saw on IMDB, I don't even know where the person got the information from. Don't worry about what people think. They don't know about our secret 'Alexander lovers' society. Anyway, just tell them there are more battle scenes on the extended version and you like seeing lots of blood and guts Laughing
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine - you God Blessed Oracle - you collector of all wisdom and enlightenment - THANK YOU FOR THIS NEWS!!!!!
R1 DVD out in May! - I'm counting the seconds from now - thank Al's gorgeous Kohl-Coloured Eyes that I got an all region DVD player -
Thank you Catherine - you've made my day...
Certainly sounds interesting about the UK getting a two disc version - my god - this all sounds too good to be true - I'm having palpitations - I need to go lie down........
Hefestion19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like bloody battles, but that's not what is included in the expanded Laughing
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like I'll be investing in a new DVD player.
allison

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hefestion19 wrote:

Anyway, I would be embarrased of buying it... in the mall they will see you thinking... "we know what you want to see in the expanded.." Embarassed

Don't worry - they'll probably think you want to see Angelina Jollie (hope I spelled her name right Embarassed perhaps I should say Olympia and Roxanne. Besides - so many guys seem to love Colin Farrell films, you could always say its to add to your collection - I'm sure no'one would look twice:wink:
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also like bloody battles, but that's not what is included in the expanded

I'm just trying to help you out by telling you to pretend that battles are what you want to see, and keeping it secret what you really want to see. If you're embarassed by people asking you questions, just tell them lies that you want to see bloody battles and Angelina Jolie. Wink

Fancy me being a God Blessed Oracle. Hey! That means I can be in the extended version of Alexander and meet Colin and give him advice. What advice could I give him? Don't get into bed with Heph, get into bed with me instead Razz
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Catherine - that was gonna be my line - heheheh - although I think you've a better chance...... Sad
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, Hef19, I've just had a thought:

You could be looking at Alexander DVDs, you would reach your hand out to pick one up, then someone else reaches out at the same moment, your hands touch, your eyes meet, then you find the love of your life [or however long you want it to last]. All because you both want to buy the extended version of Alexander. Ah, so romantic, what a shame it won't be in the shops by Valentines Day Laughing . So don't worry about buying the extended DVD, you never know what might happen. Wink Laughing Laughing
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
although I think you've a better chance......

Why do you think that? I'm sure you're much prettier than me Smile
Hefestion19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Anyway, Hef19, I've just had a thought:

You could be looking at Alexander DVDs, you would reach your hand out to pick one up, then someone else reaches out at the same moment, your hands touch, your eyes meet, then you find the love of your life [or however long you want it to last]. All because you both want to buy the extended version of Alexander. Ah, so romantic, what a shame it won't be in the shops by Valentines Day Laughing . So don't worry about buying the extended DVD, you never know what might happen. Wink Laughing Laughing

hahah... maybe, maybe...... who knows if i could find there my own hephestion.. Laughing
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hahah... maybe, maybe...... who knows if i could find there my own hephestion..

Let us know if you do and we'll all come to Spain and see if we can find ours as well Razz Laughing
Hefestion19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, but I have to wait until DVD will be in the stores... Don't worry, if I find a beauty long-haired & blue-eyed... I reserve his older brother to you Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: