Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alexander DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lardvaark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gutted if OS thinks he did anything wrong there. I mean, all the right people liked it, so what else is there to it? Result!

I wouldn't panic, there will be at least one full version which will be exactly what we saw in the cinema. We'd better just wait and see what develops with the longer version(s). Although I will be devastated if I've got everyone's hopes up for nothing, having interpreted the hints wrongly. Sad
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lardvaark - I have total faith you, me ole mucka!
And if the hints were misleading - The Alexandrians will commiserate together.
(and not to mention the fact that we'll probably ALL be drafting a letter to OS to demand an explanation!!!!) Evil or Very Mad
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stone admitted that he put too much emphasis on Alexander’s alleged homosexual relationships.

What is wrong with the 'general public'? If they think what they saw in this film is too gay, they are too narrow minded.

I think I'm feeling a bit aggressive at the moment too, but it does frustrate and annoy me Mad
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, gets you like that doesn't it Catherine? It's like, hello - all they did was hug! It's not like they went into a full on session, for goodness sake!
I'm sure I read in The Making of Alexander that an alternative version (was it by Laurentiis??) of Alexander that was in the offing the same time OS's was - and apparently one scene had Hephaestion walking in on Al and Roxane in bed - takes a moment to decide and then jumps in with 'em - now that would have just been smut! I'm glad OS had more integrity than that!!!!
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site www.digitalbits.com just had a chat with the folks from Warner Brothers Home Video (they have chats with many different studios and tonight it was WB's turn). I got on the chat because I wanted to ask a question about the release date and extras for the Alexander DVD. I did not get to ask my question, but someone did beat me to the punch and did ask about it (it worked out well anyway).

Here is what was asked and what WB answered:

Here is the question:

What is happening with Alexander? Will it be a 2 disc special edition or just a regular disc and is there a director's cut in the works? Will the DVD come out before July?

Answer from Warner Brothers:

Look for an announcement on Alexander soon. We think you'll be please with what is announced.

It's not much of an answer. But I like that fact that we will be pleased with the announcement. I am a bit disappointed that WB didn't say much else. But I guess we will soon find out.

Dara Smile
lardvaark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I really hope the "we'll be pleased" bit refers to the quantity/quality of film, and not the fact that it'll be an early release date. I'd be patient for a better cut, and would feel let down by a mutilated release that came out say, next week.
Not being a very positive-minded soul, am I? Sorry! Smile
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what they mean by 'we think you'll be pleased.' They might think that everyone hated the film and wanted it cut, so we'll all be pleased that there is nothing 'dodgy' in it.

Now I'm not being positive.

But, on a better note, I intend to do my auteur director project on Oliver Stone and am in the process of writing him a letter explaining how much watching Alexander influenced me to choose Oliver as the subject of my project. Hope that'll cheer him up. Confused
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the "will be pleased part", as the features that the DVD will have on it. I guess that is basically what the person was asking about.

I'd take a 2 disc special edition, if it had at least a disc of extras and deleted scenes. My ultimate wish would be the 4 hour film in it's entirety. But if Stone is doing a recut version then I will take that version, the theatrical version and a disc of extras. That would suit me just fine!

Dara Smile
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ME,TOO!!!
bebedora

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

im sorta new here n just read all through the post, maybe if someone gave OS a petition to say we want our film back he wud listen......just a crazy idea, seems stupid that you see someones leg gets absolutely mauled real close up but u cant see men kiss or anything....just shows what kinda society we live in where the only thing we understand is violence...I have been waiting for the DVD since i first saw Alexander and im going mad waiting, i saw the film about three times in the cinema and cannot wait till i can watch it over n over again and gaze the beautiful people....ahhhhh Very Happy
cindoo15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello bebedora

Actually we did sent a letter to Mr. Stone. See the thread titled "So this girl goes into a post office...". You've have to scroll down to the end of the "Discuss Alexander the movie post release" page and then click onto the thing at the bottom that says Goto and lists different pages; click onto page 2. Then, scroll down close to the bottom of that one and you'll find it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: