Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Too big a part?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Angelina Jolie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hornaru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Too big a part? Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad
Ok don't take this the wrong way...
But was this part just 'bullked' up to get the punters in?
The preformance was good, but the whole overdoing of the character was it just a means of more screen time and making a bigger draw with a famous face/body?
Confused
lardvaark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Hornaru, I'm afraid of all people it's going to be me who replies to this first! But weirdly we haven't discussed this in real life, so why not?

I'll agree that there was a great deal of time devoted to Olympias's character where many people wouldn't have expected it pre-viewing. But then, one of the most brilliant aspects of the film was the character exploration - and to this end showing Alexander's origins in full detail was a must. Don't worry about coming across as negative btw - at least you explained your argument and said complimentary stuff! Whatever our views on allocation of screen time to various characters, we seem to be in agreement that Angelina did well.

Tell you what though, if you ask quite a few of the gents you know who might have seen the film what their main reasons were for going.... Wink
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But was this part just 'bullked' up to get the punters in?

Hello Hornaru and Lardvaark. Are we sad or what to be discussing this on Valentine's Day? Laughing

I think they deliberately hired Angelina to give men some 'eye candy' because there weren't enough battles for them really. And also I think Angelina is well known to be up for 'different' or 'dodgy' roles in films, as are Val, Colin and probably Jared as well.

I can't imagine they would hire someone like Meg Ryan [in her younger days] or Jennifer Aniston or some other conventional type for this sort of role Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Angelina Jolie All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: