Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from the Windy City
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriv

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought WingNut13 was really 13 years old and full time student, I thought he/she was underage. But then again I could be wrong.

But in any case... "Let´s grab all of us a glass of wine and says...TO ALEXANDER the great!" Yumm... Wink
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
I thought WingNut13 was really 13 years old and full time student, I thought he/she was underage. But then again I could be wrong.

But in any case... "Let´s grab all of us a glass of wine and says...TO ALEXANDER the great!" Yumm... Wink

Oh, I see. I didn't think about the 13 standing for an age but apparently a lot of people must do that, meaning put their age in their name. Someone once thought I was 15 because of my screen name but really I'm 40!

Anyway, tis morning and a glass of wine is not very appealing at this moment; I shall have to wait until tonight to salute Alexander again.
WingNut13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, Adriv, I could kiss ya! Honey, I haven't seen 13 in - well, let's just say that when I was 13, I wanted to be Mrs. Shaun Cassidy! Razz

I am indeed a full time student, but it's not indicative of my age (like Cindoo, I'm 40). I'm at seminary; most of us are around 35 and up. My screen name comes from my love of hockey; I'm a Detroit native, a Red Wings fan and #13 is my favorite player.

I saw the film for the second time last night and enjoyed it even more. I work at a museum of Middle Eastern art part time; I find it very telling that every member of the staff (well educated, all) really enjoyed the film.

The general public in the USA is not only disinterested in history, we're easily bored. I think that's the real reason "Alexander" was panned, but who cares what shallow critics say? It was a fine film (not without many flaws; all of them due, I believe, to poor film editing and questionable direction) and I enjoyed it more last night Cool
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... cool then! it doesn't matter how old you are... just grab the glass of wine and say "To Alexander" and why not..."To Hepheastion too" Smile
great-king

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no wine because i'm underage but I'm okay with a cup of beer Wink ... "To Alexander the Great"...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: