Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our meeting at Pella.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynisca wrote:
Hi Joanna,
joanna wrote:
Here we are again. Time passes quickly and I think we should start being 'serious' Rolling Eyes about our trip to Pella.

Do I have the feeling that only Alejandro and I will go there ? Am I right? I hope I'm wrong and more of you come as well.

I checked prices for three hotels in Thessaloniki. Here are the results.

1) ABC hotel. They said that their rates are 99€ for a single room per night. Then they said that for the period I asked there is an offer for a room at 69€. I think that 'offer' is valid for any period you ask them Smile

2) AMALIA hotel. 50€ single room per night.

3) NEA MITROPOLIS hotel. That is the ***, 30€

4) And last but not least Very Happy ALEXANDROS hotel. 44€ including breakfast.

So, what do you think? They are not expensive.

I am still very interested.....just need to be sure of getting enough money together in time....and the thought of the plane is worrying me already.... Rolling Eyes
I should really opt for the ***...but I could not arrive in Salonika and ignore the Alexandros.....if I am 'roughing' it everywhere else....lol
regards
Cynisca

Cynisca, I just checked and I think that if you buy the tickets well in advance (that is, very soon), you could get from England to Thessaloniki (with thhe combinations I said) for a 150 euros or less, and the way back from Athens could be even cheaper.
Cynisca

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joanna,
Alexandros_19 wrote:
Cynisca wrote:
Hi Joanna,
joanna wrote:
Here we are again. Time passes quickly and I think we should start being 'serious' Rolling Eyes about our trip to Pella.

Do I have the feeling that only Alejandro and I will go there ? Am I right? I hope I'm wrong and more of you come as well.

I checked prices for three hotels in Thessaloniki. Here are the results.

1) ABC hotel. They said that their rates are 99€ for a single room per night. Then they said that for the period I asked there is an offer for a room at 69€. I think that 'offer' is valid for any period you ask them Smile

2) AMALIA hotel. 50€ single room per night.

3) NEA MITROPOLIS hotel. That is the ***, 30€

4) And last but not least Very Happy ALEXANDROS hotel. 44€ including breakfast.

So, what do you think? They are not expensive.

I am still very interested.....just need to be sure of getting enough money together in time....and the thought of the plane is worrying me already.... Rolling Eyes
I should really opt for the ***...but I could not arrive in Salonika and ignore the Alexandros.....if I am 'roughing' it everywhere else....lol
regards
Cynisca

Cynisca, I just checked and I think that if you buy the tickets well in advance (that is, very soon), you could get from England to Thessaloniki (with thhe combinations I said) for a 150 euros or less, and the way back from Athens could be even cheaper.

I am keeping an eye on flight prices and offers....there is 7 days in Halkadiki for around £180 inc room during May sometime....lol
Am still worried about the other costs...as is usual with me, the moment I start saving...something crops up and I have really been in the mood for somewhere like Greece in the sunshine today...!
Regards
Cynisca
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandros_19 wrote:
Joanna, you didn't tell me that Thessaloniki had been founded by Cassander. Shocked Is that the first site I will see of Greece? Shocked I think I'm about to have a mental breakdown. Laughing

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam and Cynisca try to come.
And all of you!!!

Going to places that Alexander had been and talk endlessly about him without being boring(you know what I mean; reactions like: "Oh, no! don't talk about Alexander again!"...from friends Rolling Eyes ) brings such an excitement to me Very Happy . Don't you feel it, too?!
joanna

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time we thought seriously about making hotel reservations. I wouldn't like to sleep on a bench in the park Confused I asked for availability and prices of the following hotels. I'm waiting for a confirmation. That's why I put hotels with different prices for the same places. The price is for a single room.

We meet in Thessaloniki on 11th July. We stay and sleep there on that day.

1) Hotel Amalia (50,00 euros)
2) Hotel ABC ( 69,00)

On 12th , we go to Pella and return to Thessaloniki to sleep.

On 13th, we go to Vergina and then to Katerini ( a bigger city near ) for accommodation.

In Katerini I found
1)Hotel Panorama
2) Hotel Platon. The prices are from 45 to 70.

On 14th, we visit Dion and then mount Olympos ( if you like )
We can sleep at a place near there or we can go to Larisa in Thessaly.

It's better we go to Larissa.
1) Hotel Metropol; charges 50,00.

On 15th, we visit Thermopylai ( it's on our way ) and Delphi. Near Delphi there is Arachova, a village, where we can find accommodation.

In Delphi , there are :
1) Hotel Parnassos 53,00
2) Hotel Acropol 57,00
3) Fedriades 58,00
4) Hermes 60,00

In Arachova, near Delphi, there is a hotel I asked availability for the first time, so I'm waiting for their response.

On 16th, we can go to Chaeronia, Thebes and then Athens.

In a few days we'll know for sure and we'd better book the rooms.

I'm talking to Alejandro.
You, Pam, what are you thinking of this?
Cynisca?
Anybody else?
cindoo15

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate to admit this, but I am seriously thinking that it will be an impossibility for me to make it. Sadly, we have found that our babysitter has been stealing perscription medication from us. Shocked How can I leave her here with my children; especially while I am on the other side of the world? No, I cannot do that! Their grandmother cannot handle the little one yet and well, that leaves us bringing our 3 year old along with us - Laughing - don't see that as a good plan.

I am grieving about this - I want to go so badly. I am green with envy whenever I read now about this meeting. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Maybe next year, Alexandria or Turkey???

I will keep my hopes up that we may find some solution but for now, I am left with no answer.
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with me. I have to get surgery around that time and I won't be able to take long walks for a while. I would love to go to Alexandria next year, that will be awsome.

Sorry to hear about your babysitter Cindoo15. That's bad news. Confused
cindoo15

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
Same with me. I have to get surgery around that time and I won't be able to take long walks for a while. I would love to go to Alexandria next year, that will be awsome.

Sorry to hear about your babysitter Cindoo15. That's bad news. Confused

Wow ADRIV!! Great to see you! I had been wondering where you were. I hope all goes well with the surgery; I hope it's nothing serious.

Yes, very bad news about my babysitter. Part of me is angry, and part is very sad. She's been with us for 3 years (since Heather was only 4 months old) and in many ways I felt she was part of our family but I'd noticed some changes over the last year and well, I guess I found out what the problem was.
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been busy lately and everytime I came around I tried to catch up and never have the time to post - mostly was getting behind the reading. Rolling Eyes

Surgery is nothing serious but I won't be able to move or walk much for about a month Sad

I hope everything goes well with your babysitter and your family.
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey cindoo trust no one learn walk to alone !!! how you doin by the way? long time no see ???
cindoo15

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonidas!!! Great to see you again. It's been, let's see, ooooh, forever!

Quote:
hey cindoo trust no one learn walk to alone !!!

Yes, I agree - it is very difficult for me to trust people with my kids. So, I have been 'walking alone' I guess you could say (husbands been very busy lately) - but getting 2 hours of sleep in 48 hours is WAY more walkin than I want to do! Laughing
cindoo15

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
I have been busy lately and everytime I came around I tried to catch up and never have the time to post - mostly was getting behind the reading. Rolling Eyes

Yes, I do understand that - happens to me all the time.
apelles

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:

Adriv,I hope this goes o.k. for you.Best wishes.
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
Adriv wrote:

Thank you for your best wishes Apelles.
apelles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
apelles wrote:
Adriv wrote:

Thank you for your best wishes Apelles.

You,re welcome. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: