Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our meeting at Pella.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanna, I loved your entire account of the trip. It made me live again so many wonderful moments. I enjoyed your company so much. It was a specially meaningful trip that will always be part of my memory.
joanna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alejandro, one of the reasons I wrote the account of the trip was to tempt the other Alexandrians to join us in our next trip to Alexandria. Do you think they will let us down again?
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not. Cool
Cynisca

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
if I get get enough money together.......I would love to be there....just been a rather bad year for finances.... Sad
Take care
Cynisca
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynisca wrote:
Hi,
if I get get enough money together.......I would love to be there....just been a rather bad year for finances.... Sad
Take care
Cynisca

Be there, Cynisca, be there Very Happy and all of you. It's going to be an unforgettable trip. We can talk about Alexander eeeeeendlessly Very Happy Very Happy
Have you thought about that? And above all we can watch the movie TOGETHER !!! 'Screaming' is allowed. 'Overexchitment', of course! 'Silence' will have its moments.'Crying' is absolutely in. Oh, what an experience that will be Very Happy

CONVINCED?
joanna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just made a couple of alterations to my profile. I wanted to change my name, too from Joanna to Yanna( I'm not imitating Olympias, believe me Very Happy ) as this is the name my friends and family call me, and here I feel I am among friends Very Happy . But, the name didn't change.
For location instead of only Italy (the place I live now), I also put Greece, the place I was born, but also the USA as I have spent a lot of years there (long, long time ago, though Crying or Very sad )
My avatar has been changed, too. Not because I got tired of that beautiful photo of Alexander-Colin and Haphaestion- Jared. How can I get tired of them! But I decided to put some of the photos I took during the trip, so you can see them (I'll keep on changing them). I was the photographer (Alejandro took only a few photos of me after I asked and begged him to do so Rolling Eyes , as he doesn't like to take photos Confused )

HOUSE OF DIONYSOS in PELLA

That's the first picture I chose. In 1957 beautiful mosaic floors in that house were discovered. One of them is this mosaic depicting "Dionysos sitting on a Panther".

Dionysos sits on the back of the panther, holding the thyrsos in his raised left hand. The body of the young god is projected in white pebbles against the black ground, and the plastic volumes are stressed by means of chiaroscuro, achieved by the use of grey pebbles. The outline and details of the head, legs and arms of the god are rendered by thin pieces of lead, and use is made of strips of fired clay in the eyes and the curls of the hair. There are artificial green tesserae in the god's wreath and thyrsos. The ribbon of the thyrsos is white with red tesserae. The panther is also white, with large spots of black pebbles, and the volumes of its body are stressed by grey pebbles. The ground is not indicated. The main features of the mosaic are the harmony of the composition and the sensitive use of colour.
This mosaic floor detached from the archaeological site is displayed on one of the walls in Room III in the museum of Pella.

It's really superb. The photo I took is bigger and the mosaic can be seen better, but here, I had to reduce its size to make it suitable for an avatar.
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanna,that,s my beautiful mouse pad!Every time I use it I think of you and the great trip.Just lovely.
Janie
joanna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
Yanna,that,s my beautiful mouse pad!Every time I use it I think of you and the great trip.Just lovely.
Janie

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanna, I hadn't yet seen your new avatar? Does that mean that I haven't been in the forum for a month? Shame on me! Great avatar! It reminds me of our trip. I like it very much.
Cynisca

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
Cynisca wrote:
Hi,
Take care
Cynisca

Be there, Cynisca, be there Very Happy and all of you. It's going to be an unforgettable trip. We can talk about Alexander eeeeeendlessly Very Happy Very Happy
Have you thought about that? And above all we can watch the movie TOGETHER !!! 'Screaming' is allowed. 'Overexchitment', of course! 'Silence' will have its moments.'Crying' is absolutely in. Oh, what an experience that will be Very Happy

CONVINCED?

Dreams of Alexandria and squealing in excitement, (strange looks from the locals) sighing and crying with emotion - talking about Alexander without seeing glazed or confused expression.....!
Watching the film with others who love it - (my daughter rather likes Hephaesion Wink asks to watch when she visits, but always seems to fall asleep just before Gaugamela....then 'put it on again from there' - no excuse needed...!)
I was talking to somebody the other day about Alexander's body...that is the real Alexander's body...I mean, where he disappeared to... Embarassed
They had heard something of Andrew Chugg's theory....Razz so I elaborated and then they asked me where I thought Alexander was....if I knew, would I tell all but a select few.... Twisted Evil Wink !!
Very Happy
joanna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander's body....Where is it? Where are you, Alexandre?

It's a sad, sad, sad, sad, sad, story Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: