Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colin is such a talented actor.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joanna

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen : " Ask the Dust" ?
Nell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin is a very, very talented actor!

The problem with Colin is that he is overrated as a 'celebrity' (who cares who he sleeps with, really?) and highly, immensely underrated as an actor. If Colin works with the right people his talent really shows.

There's always people out there who think Colin Farrell is overrated; but they are too prejudice too look again. If you look again you see that in fact he is very good. I don't think he would have such a serious, supportive, respectful fanbase as he has if he were just a pretty boy. There are plenty of actors out there who are only successful based on their looks (no names here, don't wanna start a riot Razz), but Colin is not one of them.

His talent definately shows in Phonebooth, Home at the end of the world, The Recruit, Alexander, Miami Vice and even Daredevil, whatever may be thought about the film Daredevil on its own!
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly think he has great talent.As you say,the celebrity coverage gets out of hand and that,s a shame.Do you think he deliberately fosters the "wild Irishman" image and does that have a positive or negative effect on his career?
Nell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that what Angelina Jolie says about Colin is true: what you see is what you get. Colin is everything he says he is, he does everything you can see him doing, it's all real, it's not an image. He used to drink (sometimes a lot) on a daily basis, he's a chainsmoker and he sleeps with women (and had a sextape on the internet against his will, unfortunately). He swears, too. But that's just him, and to be honest with you all those things may be 'extremes' in America, but they're average in Ireland. He's your average Irishman.

But because Americans are so shocked by that they don't look beyond it; he's also a very respectful and kind person. But in America somehow those characteristics seem an impossible combination with his Irishness.

Sure Colin is portrayed as a 'bad boy', but that's only because the crowd isn't looking beyond that and not because that's what he necessarily wants them to think. For instance gossip factory FemaleFirst.com once published the 'shocking' message that Colin was/is 'secretly' a mummy's boy... Colin loves his mother to pieces and has never made a secret of that, people just don't listen when he says things like that. All they hear is the number of times he says '****' in one breath.

So to get to the point; I don't think it's PR. I think it's shortsightedness from the audience!
apelles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair comments.I read a biog. of him recently,written by a rather stupid woman whose name escapes me.She was talking about this "Irishness"
and speculating thast it could be exaggerated to tap into the American affinity with the Irish.It was something I hadn,t considered before so I thought I,d bring it up.But I agree that he,s genuinely the person you see,making no concessions to Hollywood norms.I find that quite interesting considering how image is everything in some societies.He goes back to Dublin quite a lot,doesn,t he?What,s that saying"You can take the boy out of Dublin but you can,t take Dublin out of the boy."Well,I for one wouldn,t want to!
Nell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that biography woman Evil or Very Mad I don't like her. She comes from nowhere but interpretation and some magazine cuttings if you ask me. She profiles herself as a Colin Farrell expert but she doesn't know him, and she's never too tired to bash Alexander by the way.

Colin loves Dublin to pieces Smile He hadn't been there for a long time because of work and after that rehab but the last time he was there was last August and the first two days of September - I should know, I was there, too Wink he was in Dublin for the exact same period as I was Rolling Eyes what are the odds?
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nell"]
Quote:
Oh that biography woman Evil or Very Mad I don't like her. She comes from nowhere but interpretation and some magazine cuttings if you ask me. She profiles herself as a Colin Farrell expert but she doesn't know him, and she's never too tired to bash Alexander by the way.

Quite agree,she,s an idiot,whoever she is.If I remember correctly,there were some crashing mistakes about the historical Alexander too,so I didn,t think much of her research.So that,s her dealt with! Laughing

Quote:
Colin loves Dublin to pieces Smile He hadn't been there for a long time because of work and after that rehab but the last time he was there was last August and the first two days of September - I should know, I was there, too Wink he was in Dublin for the exact same period as I was Rolling Eyes what are the odds?

I think he goes back to "ground"himself.Do you know what I mean?To get back to the familiar where he,s like everyone else.Well,not quite like everyone else,but culturally the same.Well,I,d say you were fated to meet if you were there at exactly the same time!What went wrong Question
Try again.I love Dublin,don,t you?Isn,t it fun?I laughed so much on our last visit I though I,d have a fit.Wonderful,funny place.
Nell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed him by a little bit about three times - beside the general fact that we were in Dublin at the same time.

I was in Irishtown a day before the paparazzi pics on Colin in Irishtown showed up, I was at his fav club the day after him while paparazzi pics showed he was around the corner at a restaurant at that time and he took a flight from Dublin Airport a few hours after me. Life's cruel Wink

I wouldn't know what to say anyway... but still... he hadn't been there forever and suddenly he was there that one time I was in Dublin... it kind of felt fate'ish... turns out it wasn't Wink

Dublin is fantastic though Smile I love Dublin!
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you,re not stalking him?Only kidding. Laughing
Nell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually it looks like he is stalking ME Razz he arrived in Dublin a few days later than me, not to mention he'll be shooting a film next year not too far from the city where I was born. I have to admit I was a little hysterical in Dublin when I found out he was there, too, but I wouldn't stalk him Wink honestly, I'd be much to afraid I would actually meet him Razz
apelles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nell wrote:
Well actually it looks like he is stalking ME Razz he arrived in Dublin a few days later than me, not to mention he'll be shooting a film next year not too far from the city where I was born. I have to admit I was a little hysterical in Dublin when I found out he was there, too, but I wouldn't stalk him Wink honestly, I'd be much to afraid I would actually meet him Razz

Laughing Why is it that very beautiful people are so utterly terrifying to us ordinary mortals?Which film is that?And also,what,s happening with that Bob Dylan film he was linked with?
Nell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For as far as I know he's not doing the Bob Dylan project anymore... I'm not sure anymore but I heard that Heath Ledger will be doing that, which is OK, too. Heath is also very talented. He's got my blessing Wink I'm sure that's comforting Razz

Oh yeah Colin would definately scare the **** out of me should I meet him Razz maybe if I wasn't a fan he wouldn't. I'd have so many questions and I'd make completely idiotic comments. Not to mention, I've also said this on the Colin Farrell Fansite; what's the use? I get to tell him he's wonderful which he probably hears a lot, I get an autograph and then he forgets about me and all I have is a piece of paper. Nope, fan encounters aren't for me Wink
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nell,

You missed the chance to meet Colin? Shocked

What an unlucky day you had, girl!
Nell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was kind of bummed. You know when I heard he was suddenly, very unexpectedly, in Dublin for the first time in a very long time, exactly at the one time I was there, you start thinking silly things. It affects your clear mind Wink you start thinking maybe it's your fate to run into him... and when that doesn't happen that's kind of like driving into a brick wall while you were focussing on someone in the car next to you Razz but I got over it Wink and like I said; I probably wouldn't have known what to say anyway Wink
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nell wrote:
Yeah I was kind of bummed. You know when I heard he was suddenly, very unexpectedly, in Dublin for the first time in a very long time, exactly at the one time I was there, you start thinking silly things. It affects your clear mind Wink you start thinking maybe it's your fate to run into him... and when that doesn't happen that's kind of like driving into a brick wall while you were focussing on someone in the car next to you Razz but I got over it Wink and like I said; I probably wouldn't have known what to say anyway Wink

But I would Exclamation

I would ORDER 'myself' to go and talk to him! In case 'she' refused, I wouldn't talk to 'her' any more Mad !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: