Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brokeback Mountain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipsqueak wrote:
Yeah - Jared Leto played a gay character in Black and White - didn't he - my god, he looked good in that film - question: is he really a blond? I only ask because in Fight Club & Black and White he has this shocking blond hair - but I think brown suits him better.....

He would be good for our alternative version of Cold Mountain (not least because it's about time Hollywood gave him more leading roles - goddamn it!!!) and I think he would be great as the Ida character.
But who to play Inman - now let me think........(can't you just hear the cogs turning) OH OH I know - Colin Farrell!!!!!
Nah - just kidding, although that would be good.
What about Gerard Butler (Phanton of the Opera) he's cute in a butch sort of way - or our own british born and bred Daniel Craig (he's even more cute!) Hugh Jackman could be my Inman, anyday - or what about Orlando Bloom (he looks tastier than ever in Kingdom of Heaven - can't wait for that one)
Joaquin Phoenix, hey (how the hell do you pronounce his name, anyway?) yeah, he's got the rustic kinda look - can't think of anyone blond for him, though - what about that bloke who stared in T3: Rise of the Machines -he was also in the god-awful Carnivale - he might be too young looking though......or what's his name who played Hector in the more-than-god-awful Troy - the list goes on and on
Hey, this is fun - career as casting manager? I think so...........

The answer to your questions Pips:

Jared Leto (my jared leto) is brown, not blonde. He is so damn gorgeous! eerr...sorry.
Colin will be good too as cowboy, he played one before and he was cute in it.
Gerard Butler he is one of my favorites too, he is handsome too. He played Attila for a tv movie, that is how I like him, he could have been in Alexander too.
Not sure about Orlando Bloom, he's more for epic movies.
Joaquin pronounce "Whooakin" hehe... not sure if I'm right.
The guy who played Hector in Troy is Eric Bana (The incredible Hulk).

As usual, we go back to Jared and Colin as leading roles. They will be perfect, eerr awesome! *sigh* .... I know, I'm obsessed.
But I haven't seem the movie yet, maybe Heath and Jake are good together, we will see.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Pip, pay attention:

I was a great admirer of River Phoenix so bought a biography written after he died. He was the older brother of Joaquin [whose real name is Leaf] and he died of a drugs overdose outside the Viper Room, owned by Johnny Depp, I think it was in 1993. Anyway, poor Joaquin/ Leaf had to call the ambulance, but of course it was too late by the time it got there. They have 3 sisters, Rain [might be Rainbow], Liberty and Summer. Their real surname was Bottom [wonder why they changed THAT].

Thank you, that was my lecture on the family status of the Phoenixes. I expect most people know it but I just felt like clarifying it, especially as you hadn't made the connection, Pip! Laughing
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Brokeback Mountain Reply with quote

Filming gets underway on controversial western
Mountain men

by Kevin Williamson
Calgary Sun

Oscar-winning director Ang Lee is trapped in a love triangle on the Calgary set of his new western.

The director of The Ice Storm, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and The Hulk began filming the gay-themed duster Brokeback Mountain, which has generated its fair share of controversy since it was announced earlier this year.
Set in Texas and Wyoming during the 1960s and spanning more than two decades, it centres on the love story between a ranch hand and a rodeo performer. Heath Ledger (Monster’s Ball, A Knight’s Tale) and Jake Gyllenhaal (Donnie Darko, The Day After Tomorrow) are set to star as the two lovers.

Despite rumours of explicit sex scenes between the two male leads, Schamus (Producer) says the film is actually “a very, very old-fashioned love story …

“Ang is fascinated with those moments in life where you’re touched by greatness and emotion but social rules and regulations keep you from following it.”

He explains Brokeback’s sexual content will be “modest” and appropriate for audiences who love “great movies and romance … There won’t even be any (explicit scenes) to show up on the DVD. For us, the references are the great, great screen romances.”

No explicit sex scenes...Oh man! no luck there either. Rolling Eyes
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cat and Adriv for the info - glad to know that Jared is brown - it suits him better - and don't worry about keep coming back to Col and Jared - believe me - in some other dimension where Alexander won 20 Oscars, they'd be lovers in real life - they just look SOOOO good together!

Thanks for the lowdown on the Bottom's (whoops I mean the Phoenixes) I knew that River died from drugs but not that Twig (whoops I mean Leaf - no, I don't - I mean Whackeen - no Joaquin - do I? ARGHHHHHHH!) was his brother.
Tragic really - I saw him in that film with Depp called My Own Private Idaho - weird film, but good - bet he would have gone on to be an excellent actor - oh well - we all make choices, I guess...........

So Brokeback's gonna be "an old fashioned love story", hey - personally I can't wait, if it's done with good taste, I can see me sitting there at the cinema with goggle-eyes glued to the screen - can't wait Very Happy
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I saw him in that film with Depp called My Own Private Idaho - weird film, but good - bet he would have gone on to be an excellent actor - oh well - we all make choices, I guess...........

It wasn't Johnny Depp, it was Keanu Reeves- really Pip, how could you mix those two up? Laughing Anyway, I remember at the time the film was made, that River and Keanu were extremely good friends, rumour had it that they had 'a bit of a thing' at one stage. So I think when River died, Keanu lost his way in his life/ career rather. I feel sorry for him, he seems to have had a tragic life with the loss of his girlfriend, baby etc. Poor thing. Sad
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the correction Catherine - where the heck did I get Johnny Depp from? Especially as I'm going to see Keanu in Constantine this weekend - I think work's getting to me - I've been working out of the Glasgow office recently and the travelling is killing me - oh well, all in a days work......
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Pip, don't kill yourself with travelling too much. Your health is more important than anything else Smile

Got to go now, my husband says I mustn't stay on the internet too long or I'll make myself ill again Sad
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that Ang Lee won a Golden Lion for Brokeback Mountain the other day at a film festival [can't remember which one]. So hopefully it is a brilliant movie we will all love when we see it Very Happy Wink
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the same Ang Lee who did Hulk?
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adriv Smile

Yes, it is the same Ang Lee. I like the wide variety of subjects he films i.e. martial arts- Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, period romance- Sense and Sensibility, cartoon strip- Hulk and now gay cowboys- Brokeback Mountain. A versatile director.
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Hi Adriv Smile

Yes, it is the same Ang Lee. I like the wide variety of subjects he films i.e. martial arts- Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, period romance- Sense and Sensibility, cartoon strip- Hulk and now gay cowboys- Brokeback Mountain. A versatile director.

Yeah, sound cool Smile
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to go see it. Comes out in Washington DC - Dec 16 in two places only.
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen Brokeback Mountain already? I'm waiting for it to open in Argentina, but I think it will be released in mid-January.
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it,s the same here,mid Jan.I,m looking forward to seeing it.Interestingly,why are male/male relationships ok when Ang Lee does them but everyone has a fit when Oliver Stone does??? Confused Mysterious isn,t it? Cool
Also,don,t forget Colin in New World....it got excellent reviews. Very Happy
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
I think it,s the same here,mid Jan.I,m looking forward to seeing it.Interestingly,why are male/male relationships ok when Ang Lee does them but everyone has a fit when Oliver Stone does??? Confused Mysterious isn,t it? Cool
Also,don,t forget Colin in New World....it got excellent reviews. Very Happy

I agree with you Apelles... same thoughts Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: