Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brokeback Mountain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when he says Alma Junior, that was so funny.
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the end scene made me tear. Gosh, that was so sad. It is a very good movie. I hope it wins a lot of awards. Smile
Luna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks on the info apelles! Smile
oh adriv i sooooooo agree with you! it is so sad (which i hate becouse i am [u][b]not[/b][/u] the kind of person that cries)
Cymoril

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gals are so right: BM is such sad movie. Ending of it is so sad (to be more precise). I saw it the other day abd of course by then I knew (more/less) what it is about. But I didn't expect such an ending. Sure I didn't think that they will live "happily ever after" but still... When Heath (forgot his name in movie) finds his shirt in his lovers wardrobe..man, it was so heartbreaking. Crying or Very sad
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you all actually cry at the end?Well,I have to tell you....I did.In fact most people in the theatre took ages to get themselves sorted out before they could leave.There was a lot of nose-blowing,throat-clearing and rustling of tissues.I absolutely never cry at movies but somehow this one just knocked me flat out. Confused
It won four British Film Academy awards at the weekend.I hope it wins everything at the Oscars. Cool
Can I just ask the rest of you a question?Were there more women than men in the theatre when you went?I went with a group of women friends because nobody,s men would go and it was nearly all women in groups or alone.Just interested to see if this applies all over.Thanks.
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: BROKEASS MTN! Reply with quote

I dont care if brokeback wins all the oscars this sunday Its all american and hollywood hype for this piece of cowboy rubbish!!!!!!!!! Hollywood never gave olivers stone a chance!! LONG LIVE ALEXANDER THE GREAT!!!
Cymoril

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apelles, yes...I did cry at the end. I was really moved. Crying or Very sad

LEONIDAS, Oscar isn't measure of how good movie is...nor director. Nor critics are...
apelles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonidas,you,re entitled to your opinion of course,but you can,t,in all honesty, criticise a movie you havn,t seen.I respect that you consider this film to be rubbish but if that is so,then you need to substantiate your argument with facts and that,s impossible on hearsay.
Over here I didn,t get any hype.I simply went to see it and judged it on it,s merits.I did exactly the same with Alexander,despite all the adverse publicity.I don,t care what critics say.I make my own mind up.
Also this isn,t a competition between this film and Alexander.Simply because critics have reacted differently doesn,t mean that we have to hate one and love the other.They are separate entities and we can,t take out our disappointment for Alexander on Brokeback.I happen to love both of them for different reasons.They both have their strengths and weaknesses and they,re both excellent movies which set out to do different things and both succeeded.That,s why we,re still here discussing Alexander now and why Brokeback is getting the praise it undoubtedly deserves.
I hope you,re not offended by what I,ve said. Smile
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets put this way you all dont live in southern califorina do you ? Well I do and I see it all this way you dont!!! Nothing else to say is there hollywood is less than a hour and a half from me soI think I have a more insight than you all to!!! iI DONT WANT TO ARGUE ABOUT THIS BUT IF YOU MUST WE CAN CARRY ON AND I AM SURE KEVIN WILL STEP IN THEN!!!
Luna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it did make me cry, and then my friends had to take the mickey out of me! Everybody has their own opinion you two (leonidas and apelles) so make love, not war!
And no i am not insane, i just came back from yoga class ( recomend it to everybody) and i am feeling very relaxed and happy and want everybody else to be that way!
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drink wine! Wink
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.k. no problem,Leonidas.I,m happy to end the discussion here.Neither of us is going to change our minds,but that,s o.k.It would be very boring if we all felt the same.
Luna and Adriv.Drank wine,did yoga,felt great. Very Happy
Cynisca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is at a local cinema this week...yes, so I may go and watch it....

I had a 'classic' moment there......thinking it was showing two films, I asked an attendant 'where do I go for the Kingdom of Heaven' and he solemly pointed up the stairs 'up there' and then grinned...I couldn't stop giggling to myself!
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am dissapointed Evil or Very Mad Sad

I was hoping Brokeback Mountain will win best picture, but noooo! just like Alexander. Oh well, that's Hollywood for ya.

I won't say no more Sad
joanna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shouldn't take Oscars seriously because ... they are NOT serious. It's all business . Let me put it like that, for me 'Oscars' is a bunch of people (relatives Confused ) who gather together, have drinks, tell jokes and ...award one another.....! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: